Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 186

Thread: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

  1. #11
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is the cause of your hard on for the tea party? cutting back your pension?
    They didnt touch my pension and they cant..and let me give you a clue..I dont need my pension to live a good life.

    The teaparty is of the rich and only for the rich...Each one of the teaparty supported and elected govs have screwed public workers vilified them and either gave or tried to give what they took of them to the richest and the corporations.
    Turtledude the GOP cant bullchit the mass's anymore...WE KNOW CORPORATIONS PAY SQUAT for taxs and the rich pay pennies on what they used to pay and should pay...WE KNOW the rich have milked this country dry and screwed every working person in their path as they did it...but the biggest thing that turned me against the teaparty is their RHETORIC..that sounds just like YOURS...everyone that isnt rich is a parasitic pos...and they and their families deserve NOTHING...nada, no pensions, no healthcare no security, their only function as humans is to service the rich and make them richer.....IM RICH I GOT MINE and screw everyone else....well screw the teaparty

  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What it means is that the people of Ohio realized that teachers and firefighters aren't the problem, despite unrelenting efforts by Republicans to demonize them.
    the bill was passed without much debate or input. it was a mistake to lump public safety workers with the teachers. some provisions such as not protecting seniority, rather than competence are very popular and will probably be passed in the near future.



  3. #13
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    They didnt touch my pension and they cant..and let me give you a clue..I dont need my pension to live a good life.

    The teaparty is of the rich and only for the rich...Each one of the teaparty supported and elected govs have screwed public workers vilified them and either gave or tried to give what they took of them to the richest and the corporations.
    Turtledude the GOP cant bullchit the mass's anymore...WE KNOW CORPORATIONS PAY SQUAT for taxs and the rich pay pennies on what they used to pay and should pay...WE KNOW the rich have milked this country dry and screwed every working person in their path as they did it...but the biggest thing that turned me against the teaparty is their RHETORIC..that sounds just like YOURS...everyone that isnt rich is a parasitic pos...and they and their families deserve NOTHING...nada, no pensions, no healthcare no security, their only function as humans is to service the rich and make them richer.....IM RICH I GOT MINE and screw everyone else....well screw the teaparty
    this is really hysterical. most of the people in the tea party movement are not the top 1 percent but rather those are tired of government waste, entitlement mentality and being told that they need to pay more and more taxes. Its the people who actually are paying income taxes



  4. #14
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is really hysterical. most of the people in the tea party movement are not the top 1 percent but rather those are tired of government waste, entitlement mentality and being told that they need to pay more and more taxes. Its the people who actually are paying income taxes
    LOl..another subject your a genius on...you know precisely what the makeup of the teaparty in congress is...im NOT talking about these silly teaparty cheerleaders on forums...Im talking about the duly elected teaparty mutts in congress and govs..
    Here we go...go preach to the choir about the rich paying to much taxs....you really get hysterical over that you need to calm down Next post you will start your normal everyone that isnt rich is a parasite...they are stealing my money...weve heard that all before over and over ad nausem...everyone giggles when you post that now..lol...

  5. #15
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What it means is that the people of Ohio realized that teachers and firefighters aren't the problem, despite unrelenting efforts by Republicans to demonize them.
    So what is the problem in minds of the Ohio voters? They aren't paying enough taxes?
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    LOl..another subject your a genius on...you know precisely what the makeup of the teaparty in congress is...im NOT talking about these silly teaparty cheerleaders on forums...Im talking about the duly elected teaparty mutts in congress and govs..
    Here we go...go preach to the choir about the rich paying to much taxs....you really get hysterical over that you need to calm down Next post you will start your normal everyone that isnt rich is a parasite...they are stealing my money...weve heard that all before over and over ad nausem...everyone giggles when you post that now..lol...
    do you have any proof that the teaparty is mostly made up of people making more than 250K a year?



  7. #17
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    So what is the problem in minds of the Ohio voters? They aren't paying enough taxes?
    Something other than teachers and firefighters, obviously. Perhaps they realize that there is no real difference in budget problems between states that allow collective bargaining and those that don't. Maybe they recognize that the bulk of the problem states are facing stems from lost revenue due to the recession rather than collective bargaining? Or -- and I know this is out there -- *maybe* they just think that the people who teach their children and who risk their lives protecting *their* lives and property deserve to make a living wage? Crazy, right?

  8. #18
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Something other than teachers and firefighters, obviously. Perhaps they realize that there is no real difference in budget problems between states that allow collective bargaining and those that don't. Maybe they recognize that the bulk of the problem states are facing stems from lost revenue due to the recession rather than collective bargaining? Or -- and I know this is out there -- *maybe* they just think that the people who teach their children and who risk their lives protecting *their* lives and property deserve to make a living wage? Crazy, right?
    that actually is a good point. it was stupid to tie the public safety workers to the AFSCME and Teachers

    that was a BIG BIG mistake



  9. #19
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Two key ballot measures tonight landed squarely on the Left, this being one of them.

    Note that the proponents of the law vastly outspent the opponents, yet though the opponents won.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  10. #20
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: Ohio voters reject Republican-backed union limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Two key ballot measures tonight landed squarely on the Left, this being one of them.

    Note that the proponents of the law vastly outspent the opponents, yet though the opponents won.
    I don't think that's the case.

    The numbers never moved much on SB5. Reaction was overwhelmingly negative and remained so. Proponents of the law knew it was headed for defeat months ago -- Kasich went so far as to offer a renegotiation of the law after previously stonewalling the same -- while the pro-union spending was unbelievable: blanket radio and TV time, plenty of slick signage. There was definite passion on this issue.

    It's also worth noting that Ohio voters opted to alter the state constitution to reject Obamacare. It's a mistake to think this is all about partisanship. People were directly affected by SB5.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •