Page 94 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #931
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do know politicans, and I've heard others speak on it. And I am fully familiar with what Fox Political entertainers do, and how the faithful leap on it. Mindless.
    Fair enough. Then youīre familiar with the speech and agree with him, do you?

  2. #932
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Fair enough. Then youīre familiar with the speech and agree with him, do you?
    On another thread where someone is mistakenly making leaps, he merely speaks to the myth that we do things completely individually. We don't. Rugged individalism is more myth than fact. All Obama is doing is saying we need to work together.

    Now I kow that is what the OP is doing in the other thread. And his link to the speech is working presently. But it was very Foxish. So I suspect the same type of misunderstanding here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #933
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    On another thread where someone is mistakenly making leaps, he merely speaks to the myth that we do things completely individually. We don't. Rugged individalism is more myth than fact. All Obama is doing is saying we need to work together.

    Now I kow that is what the OP is doing in the other thread. And his link to the speech is working presently. But it was very Foxish. So I suspect the same type of misunderstanding here.
    So all you have is your suspicions and you feel the need to share these suspicions with others?

  4. #934
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    On another thread where someone is mistakenly making leaps, he merely speaks to the myth that we do things completely individually. We don't. Rugged individalism is more myth than fact. All Obama is doing is saying we need to work together.

    Now I kow that is what the OP is doing in the other thread. And his link to the speech is working presently. But it was very Foxish. So I suspect the same type of misunderstanding here.
    You think Obama is working to unite this country? What exactly has he done to do that? You believe rhetoric attacking individual wealth creation, the evil rich people, demonizing profits promotes working together?

  5. #935
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think Obama is working to unite this country? What exactly has he done to do that? You believe rhetoric attacking individual wealth creation, the evil rich people, demonizing profits promotes working together?
    Can you link me to some of those Obama quotes where he attacks individual wealth creation, calls rich people evil, and demonizes profits? Thanks in advance.

  6. #936
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Can you link me to some of those Obama quotes where he attacks individual wealth creation, calls rich people evil, and demonizes profits? Thanks in advance.
    *Bump*

    Still looking?

  7. #937
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    *Bump*

    Still looking?
    No, not looking at all, you just ignore anything that is posted that refutes your opinion so it is a waste of time. I gave you the Obama results and you have ignored them, why would this be any different?

  8. #938
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope, I understand the moving perfectly. But in the long run it will hurt them. No one consumes like we do, and if we go broke, no jobs, they lose.

    It's not bashing big business, and that is really where you are flawed. It is recognizing the link between business and labor. One can't be successful without the other. Favoring one at the cost of the other is harmful, and recent history ahs been to favor business, and as I said, at the expense of workers. You can call that liberal if in helps you excuse in easier, but I think it is actually reality. We'll see how things progress.
    Now see we agree ... because we'll see how things progress... in my opinion as long as things stay anti business in this country, they will progress badly .. because as you say .. one can't be successful with out the other, and this is where you are flawed ... because in our recent history business and industry has been leaving the US in rather large numbers ... how's that working out for the middle class?

  9. #939
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you talking about the KS speech? I didn't see it, but I did hear a lot of people saying he was spot on, praising him for it. What about that makes it an embarassment? Just curious.
    I believe you can start here

    Now, itís a simple theory. And we have to admit, itís one that speaks to our rugged individualism and our healthy skepticism of too much government. Thatís in Americaís DNA. And that theory fits well on a bumper sticker. (Laughter.) But hereís the problem: It doesnít work. It has never worked. (Applause.) It didnít work when it was tried in the decade before the Great Depression. Itís not what led to the incredible postwar booms of the Ď50s and Ď60s. And it didnít work when we tried it during the last decade. (Applause.) I mean, understand, itís not as if we havenít tried this theory.

  10. #940
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, not looking at all, you just ignore anything that is posted that refutes your opinion so it is a waste of time. I gave you the Obama results and you have ignored them, why would this be any different?
    Smart move .... I've found him to be so far out left .... that he can't even see the playing field any more ..

Page 94 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •