Page 82 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #811
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    mertex;1059994556]You manipulate it to show whatever you want. Like lumping all of Bush's bills, signed before Obama took office, and being credited to Obama's debt. Disingenuous to say the least.
    Then Prove how I manipulated the numbers. Explain to me how Bush is responsible for the 2009 deficit that was passed by a Democrat congress and most of it spent by the Democrat President. You don't seem to understand the concept of Congress passing the budget and the President having the dept heads in place to spend the money. Give it your best shot?

    Ha,ha, that is too funny. The ignorant seem to amass in the Republican party, who want to do away with education and who think that people like Bachmann, Perry and Cain are presidential material. They turn away from Cain because of his infidelity to give their support to one of the worst people when it comes to infidelity. Gingrich has been married three times and never waited until he was divorced before he started exchanging DNA with his new partners. And, most Republican/conservatives either don't know or don't remember that if it wasn't for unions we would still have children working, you wouldn't be entitled to vacations, pregnant women would not be allowed to work, and companies could pay you pennies while they rake in millions. Oh, that last one, they are still able to do to a certain extent, but I guess middle-class Republicans are to dumb to realize it. Oh, and Gingrich wants to put children back to work - now that's a brilliant idea. Let them do the janitorial work, so they can pay them pennies and put a bunch of low-income janitors out of work. Is that the type of intelligence you are boasting about?
    I find it interesting the scrutiny you give Republican candidates yet ignored the Obama record and resume when you voted to hire him. You really don't understand states' rights and personal responsibility. I can see why


    There you go assuming again. Aren't you familiar with that old expression, assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Just because I care about the unemployed, the people who were conned by bankers into buying homes they couldn't afford, (bankers who were bailed out with taxpayer money when they were hurting, but instead of passing on their good fortune and help those that now needed help, instead just took their houses), doesn't mean that I have been foreclosed, unemployed or financially hurting. I have a beautiful home and everything I need, but unlike most greedy conservatives, I realize that others have not been as fortunate. I'm sure that many that find themselves in those situations were doing all the things you claim you have done, but one can't predict when one's workplace is suddenly going to fold. So, don't be so arrogant in assuming that it didn't happen to you because you were so upright in everything you did, you were just lucky. And, the bankers that came begging for help from the government, why didn't they understand the consequences of their poor choices and just suck it up?
    Here is the problem with the unemployed at least many of them

    Adam Carolla Talks About Occupy Wall Street | Video | TheBlaze.com

    To ignore the problem and lump everyone together is what liberals do but there are millions described in the video.


    When the state, local communities, and charities are not able to handle the job most conservatives will just say "oh well, let them eat cake". I'm sure most Reps/cons would be perfectly happy if nobody took care of it, and the poor would just die or disappear. But, someone has to pick up the slack. The states, communities and charities are not up to the job. They don't have the resources nor the money to help all the people that need help. Where did you learn that it was okay to ignore the needy? Like the greedy bankers who couldn't be bothered to work out some plan to help people keep their homes, they were out of the hole, so why should they care about anyone else. It is easy to imagine that people who are in dire straits got there through their stupid choices and therefore they need to wallow in their consequences, however, that is not always the case, and it is not Christian to think that way.
    States, cities, and local communities can handle their own problems but you seem to believe a bloated Federal Bureaucrat that helped run up a 15 trillion dollar debt can do better. That is naive. All you do by promoting a big Central Govt is pass the buck and delegate responsibility that rests in your city or local community. That makes you a liberal.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Manipulate it? **** the guy out right trys to compare nominal and real numbers.
    Tell us what the taxpayers pay debt service on, nominal or real numbers?

  3. #813
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell us what the taxpayers pay debt service on, nominal or real numbers?
    When FDR generated 269 billion in debt and created 19 million jobs.....

  4. #814
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    When FDR generated 269 billion in debt and created 19 million jobs.....
    What does that have to do with nominal or real numbers?

  5. #815
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does that have to do with nominal or real numbers?
    When you want to compare things that way FDR comes out on top.

  6. #816
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    When you want to compare things that way FDR comes out on top.
    Barack Obama is NO FDR. FDR loved his country and worked with the private sector to get it growing again.

  7. #817
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Not according to anyone who knows me, happily.
    You're probably a little different here than in real life. Most of us are.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #818
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There aren't any facts to refute as projections and predictions aren't facts.
    I posted the estimates, and the facts they were based on, and you could not refute a single one of them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #819
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I posted the estimates, and the facts they were based on, and you could not refute a single one of them.
    Estimates are not facts, they are predictions. You don't seem to know the difference. The actual numbers show GDP Growing more than predicted and govt. revenue growing more than predicted,none of those considered in the estimates. You are reaching here and looking foolish.

  10. #820
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Estimates are not facts, they are predictions. You don't seem to know the difference. The actual numbers show GDP Growing more than predicted and govt. revenue growing more than predicted,none of those considered in the estimates. You are reaching here and looking foolish.
    Try actually reading a post before you respond:

    "I posted the estimates, and the facts they were based on, and you could not refute a single one of them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •