Page 81 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #801
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What funds SS and Medicare? What effect does economic growth have on SS and Medicare funding? Do corporate and individual income taxes go towards SS and Medicare?
    Okay I understand now, people keeping more of their own money and spending more of their own doesn't lead to increased economic activity there by increasing payrolls there by increasing people paying payroll taxes.

  2. #802
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Per usual you provide zero documentation to refute the facts, but then no one was expecting you to do that anyway so you have not disappointed.
    There aren't any facts to refute as projections and predictions aren't facts. we know what happened, tax revenue grew during the Bush term, not declined but that wasn't mentioned. GDP grew during the Bush years and that wasn't mentioned so you just flat blew it

    Income tax revenue by year

    2001 2163.7
    2002 2002.1
    2003 2047.9
    2004 2213.2
    2005 2546.8
    2006 2807.4
    2007 2951.2
    2008 2790.3

    GDP by year

    2000 9951.50
    2001 10286.20
    2002 10642.30
    2003 11142.10
    2004 11867.80
    2005 12638.40
    2006 13398.90
    2007 14077.60
    2008 14441.40

  3. #803
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay I understand now, people keeping more of their own money and spending more of their own doesn't lead to increased economic activity there by increasing payrolls there by increasing people paying payroll taxes.
    Payroll taxes fund SS and Medicare, they aren't replaced by an increase in income taxes, corporate taxes, and excise taxes.

  4. #804
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Payroll taxes fund SS and Medicare,
    You get an award for the obliviously obvious!

    they aren't replaced by an increase in income taxes, corporate taxes, and excise taxes.
    I never said they were.

  5. #805
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You get an award for the obliviously obvious!



    I never said they were.
    Sorry, it doesn't seem obvious to some here who are promoting cutting funding for SS and Medicare

  6. #806
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't seem obvious to some here who are promoting cutting funding for SS and Medicare
    So tax cuts don't pay for theme selves.

  7. #807
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So tax cuts don't pay for theme selves.
    Since tax cuts aren't an expense they don't have to pay for themselves. Payroll taxes fund SS and Medicare and cutting those taxes cut future obligations

  8. #808
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Made up data? You think BLS, BEA, and the U.S. Treasury makes up data? you cannot prove the data wrong and you know it.
    You manipulate it to show whatever you want. Like lumping all of Bush's bills, signed before Obama took office, and being credited to Obama's debt. Disingenuous to say the least.

    Your inability to hold "your" President accountable for results speaks volumes. Obviously you have never led anything and don't have a clue as to what leadership entails. Obama has demonized the producers and wealth creators while appealing to the ignorant, the unions, and the minorities. That doesn't bode well to the future of the country.
    Ha,ha, that is too funny. The ignorant seem to amass in the Republican party, who want to do away with education and who think that people like Bachmann, Perry and Cain are presidential material. They turn away from Cain because of his infidelity to give their support to one of the worst people when it comes to infidelity. Gingrich has been married three times and never waited until he was divorced before he started exchanging DNA with his new partners. And, most Republican/conservatives either don't know or don't remember that if it wasn't for unions we would still have children working, you wouldn't be entitled to vacations, pregnant women would not be allowed to work, and companies could pay you pennies while they rake in millions. Oh, that last one, they are still able to do to a certain extent, but I guess middle-class Republicans are to dumb to realize it. Oh, and Gingrich wants to put children back to work - now that's a brilliant idea. Let them do the janitorial work, so they can pay them pennies and put a bunch of low-income janitors out of work. Is that the type of intelligence you are boasting about?

    You are right, I held a job for 35 years because I produced and I didn't lose my home in a foreclosure because I never spent more than I could afford. I am not suffering financially because I have always been accountable for what I spent. Never did I expect you or anyone else to bail me out if I made any mistakes. You see, I understand consequences for poor choices as I learned that growing up. Why didn't you?
    There you go assuming again. Aren't you familiar with that old expression, assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Just because I care about the unemployed, the people who were conned by bankers into buying homes they couldn't afford, (bankers who were bailed out with taxpayer money when they were hurting, but instead of passing on their good fortune and help those that now needed help, instead just took their houses), doesn't mean that I have been foreclosed, unemployed or financially hurting. I have a beautiful home and everything I need, but unlike most greedy conservatives, I realize that others have not been as fortunate. I'm sure that many that find themselves in those situations were doing all the things you claim you have done, but one can't predict when one's workplace is suddenly going to fold. So, don't be so arrogant in assuming that it didn't happen to you because you were so upright in everything you did, you were just lucky. And, the bankers that came begging for help from the government, why didn't they understand the consequences of their poor choices and just suck it up?

    I don't think it is the Federal Tax Payers responsibility to help those in the local community that are in need. That is for the state, local communities, and charities. Where did you learn that was the role of the Federal government. You believe that you cannot help someone locally better than a politician in D.C?
    When the state, local communities, and charities are not able to handle the job most conservatives will just say "oh well, let them eat cake". I'm sure most Reps/cons would be perfectly happy if nobody took care of it, and the poor would just die or disappear. But, someone has to pick up the slack. The states, communities and charities are not up to the job. They don't have the resources nor the money to help all the people that need help. Where did you learn that it was okay to ignore the needy? Like the greedy bankers who couldn't be bothered to work out some plan to help people keep their homes, they were out of the hole, so why should they care about anyone else. It is easy to imagine that people who are in dire straits got there through their stupid choices and therefore they need to wallow in their consequences, however, that is not always the case, and it is not Christian to think that way.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  9. #809
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since tax cuts aren't an expense they don't have to pay for themselves. Payroll taxes fund SS and Medicare and cutting those taxes cut future obligations
    spinning_top.JPG

    ,,,,,,,,,,,,

  10. #810
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    You manipulate it to show whatever you want. .
    Manipulate it? **** the guy out right trys to compare nominal and real numbers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •