Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #491
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    "That is your straw man you are constructing there...Have fun with it."

    Sure, I'm just making it up. It's a liberal myth that the conservative hero's tag line was, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." He never said that government is the problem.

  2. #492
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    "That is your straw man you are constructing there...Have fun with it."

    Sure, I'm just making it up. It's a liberal myth that the conservative hero's tag line was, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." He never said that government is the problem.
    See, this is where your straw argument fails miserably. It is not 'government' totally that was being excoriated in that quote, but rather unchecked, unrestrained government.

    Government has specific obligations as enumerated in the constitution, and they are supposed to be limited by those that are listed. We don't have a King in this country, and as much as Obama would like to think that he is such, he is not.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #493
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    [QUOTE=AdamT;1059984279]"That is your straw man you are constructing there...Have fun with it."

    Sure, I'm just making it up. It's a liberal myth that the conservative hero's tag line was, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." He never said that government is the problem. [/QUOTE

    Adam, you better wake up and realize what is happening to you. You entrust your future to a federal govt. that has created a 15+ trillion debt and has over reached into areas that it doesn't belong. Now you are seeing the movement to total control of the healthcare system. That is a very naive view of the future and total ignorance of history.

    Countdown Begins For Congress On 'Doc Fix' | Fox News

  4. #494
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I was just curious as to what studies are out there that make educators like yourself that I am sure bases your opinions on the emperical works out there that show that a service based private sector, is more stable than a manufacturing based one. Also, why would you say basically, if I am understanding this correctly from you that: "Most know that government is not a magic cure or fix..." When the entirety of the argument from liberals today seems to be that government unrestrained is the answer?


    j-mac
    Whether I believe that or not is secondary to the point I never said I did. Perhaps you can tell me why you make this leap?

    And you don't really listen to the liberal argument j. Like so many, you argue with what you want to believ eit is rather than actually listen to the argument. I agree that it is easier to argue a strawman, but it is hard for us to reply when you're not addressing what we actually say.

    Anyway, please mark for me where I said anything about manufacturing or service based economies. If you can, I'll respond to what I said.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #495
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #496
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why do you support OWS and what purpose does it serve protesting at locations that have nothing to do with making the laws that Wall Street didn't break?

  7. #497
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whether I believe that or not is secondary to the point I never said I did. Perhaps you can tell me why you make this leap?

    And you don't really listen to the liberal argument j. Like so many, you argue with what you want to believ eit is rather than actually listen to the argument. I agree that it is easier to argue a strawman, but it is hard for us to reply when you're not addressing what we actually say.

    Jesus! I am trying to determine that for God's sake! It is extremely frustrating when you won't answer a single question definitively, but rather dodge, and generalize to the point where you can come back and say that you never said anything. It is like trying to have a conversation with Jello.

    Anyway, please mark for me where I said anything about manufacturing or service based economies. If you can, I'll respond to what I said.
    I never said you did say anything, I asked your opinion on Service v. Manufacturing based economies and you asked me what I meant, I then tried to start off the conversation with an opinion, and now you totally misrepresent what I say, and build a straw argument, never answering the question, and that is my fault?!!! $#!$#$# man! What the hell is the matter with you dude?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #498
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    How can it possibly matter how the brainwashed 'view' anything: they see what they are told. The only serious question is, Is it right?

  9. #499
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    How can it possibly matter how the brainwashed 'view' anything: they see what they are told. The only serious question is, Is it right?

    Well, even the question of "right" or "wrong" is subjective. I think it is interesting to have these conversations, rather than the usual black and white conversations. If that were the only reason to have an opinion, then boards like this wouldn't have any use would they?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #500
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    See, this is where your straw argument fails miserably. It is not 'government' totally that was being excoriated in that quote, but rather unchecked, unrestrained government.

    Government has specific obligations as enumerated in the constitution, and they are supposed to be limited by those that are listed. We don't have a King in this country, and as much as Obama would like to think that he is such, he is not.


    j-mac
    Look, it is plain as day that conservatives spend virtually all of their time excoriating government and blaming government for everything under the sun. To deny that is simply to deny reality.

Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •