Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #331
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Reality is not trying to blame the past but what to do in the present and future.

    Most of what i see nowadays is trying to place blame elsewhere rather than trying to do something to resolve the situation, and that includes the present administration.

    Let's do it your way and blame all the world's ill on George Bush. Now that that's been settled is the budget balanced and the debt cleared up? Are people back at work?

    Rather than debating who's fault it is for what we see today why not find agreement on ways that might cut spending and balance a budget , eliminate the debt, how the market can create jobs, how the US might compete in a changing world, etc.

    But all the liberals can do is whine that it's all the fault of George Bush and the Republicans. That's the stock answer to America's problems and it was old three years ago. This lack of imagination and foresight will not serve the country well.
    I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable for you -- I can see why it might be -- but in order to chart a course out of this mess it's necessary to understand how we got into it to begin with. Once you understand that our fiscal woes are primarily the result of ill-advised tax cuts and an ill-advised war, the way out becomes fairly obvious.

  2. #332
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable for you -- I can see why it might be -- but in order to chart a course out of this mess it's necessary to understand how we got into it to begin with. Once you understand that our fiscal woes are primarily the result of ill-advised tax cuts and an ill-advised war, the way out becomes fairly obvious.
    Some think its possible to just wave a magic wand and fix 30 years of debt created by too much spending on the military industrial complex while simultaneously cutting revenues, rather than taking the responsible fiscal response of addressing the cause of the debt.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable for you -- I can see why it might be -- but in order to chart a course out of this mess it's necessary to understand how we got into it to begin with. Once you understand that our fiscal woes are primarily the result of ill-advised tax cuts and an ill-advised war, the way out becomes fairly obvious.
    If that is that obvious then why isn't the US leading Americans in that appropriate direction?

    Were the findings of the "Super Committee" the same as yours? End the tax cuts and an ill-advised war and the debt will disappear and the budget will be balanced?

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Some think its possible to just wave a magic wand
    Not those living in reality Land. If there are you should quote them.

    and fix 30 years of debt created by too much spending on the military industrial complex while simultaneously cutting revenues, rather than taking the responsible fiscal response of addressing the cause of the debt.
    We have more than enough people "addressing the cause of the debt" and it's always the political opponents. What isn't possible at the moment, it seems, is finding leadership capable of fixing the debt.

    Next time the American people go to the polls they should consider a candidate who has some experience in financial matters, not an unqualified poster boy designed to demonstrate how advanced a nation they have become.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not those living in reality Land. If there are you should quote them.



    We have more than enough people "addressing the cause of the debt" and it's always the political opponents. What isn't possible at the moment, it seems, is finding leadership capable of fixing the debt.

    Next time the American people go to the polls they should consider a candidate who has some experience in financial matters, not an unqualified poster boy designed to demonstrate how advanced a nation they have become.
    That is a great point and we can add the Simpson/Bowles Commission to that as well. Obama has no interest in solving the problem as his only interest is to find someone to blame for it. Like far too many leftwing radicals his actions speak louder than his words but supporters ignore the action and buy the words.

  6. #336
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If that is that obvious then why isn't the US leading Americans in that appropriate direction?

    Were the findings of the "Super Committee" the same as yours? End the tax cuts and an ill-advised war and the debt will disappear and the budget will be balanced?
    As you may have heard, the "Super Committee" was a giant flop. That was completely predictable from the moment that the membership announced, as the GOP nominated members who were unlikely to negotiate in good faith.

    Unfortunately our politicians, and in particular our Republican politicians, do not respond to obvious answers.

    Last edited by AdamT; 11-26-11 at 01:31 PM.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As you may have heard, the "Super Committee" was a giant flop. That was completely predictable from the moment that the membership announced, as the GOP nominated members who were unlikely to negotiate in good faith.

    Unfortunately our politicians, and in particular our Republican politicians, do not respond to obvious answers.

    Like with all liberals human behavior never impacts revenue tothe govt. Speculation is all that matters in the liberal world. What you cannot explain is how tax revenue grew after the Bush tax cuts were fully implemented but it is easy for you to say what would have happened even though you cannot prove it

  8. #338
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Like with all liberals human behavior never impacts revenue tothe govt. Speculation is all that matters in the liberal world. What you cannot explain is how tax revenue grew after the Bush tax cuts were fully implemented but it is easy for you to say what would have happened even though you cannot prove it


    Again you smash the irony meter to pieces, as you spend virtually all your time here arguing about what would have happened if Obama hadn't done x, y, or z. :

    Of course we can't know exactly what would have happened, but there is very little evidence that the Bush tax cuts spurred economic growth.

    Off the Charts Blog | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities | Blog Archive | Top 5 Charts on the Bush Tax Cuts

  9. #339
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post


    Again you smash the irony meter to pieces, as you spend virtually all your time here arguing about what would have happened if Obama hadn't done x, y, or z. :

    Of course we can't know exactly what would have happened, but there is very little evidence that the Bush tax cuts spurred economic growth.

    Off the Charts Blog | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities | Blog Archive | Top 5 Charts on the Bush Tax Cuts
    So let me see if I have this correct, you don't believe that keeping more of your money stimulates economic growth and thus job creation and higher revenue to the govt? I have seen nothing from you other than charts about speculation. How do you know the economic activity would have been the same? How do you know that the jobs between 2003 and 2008 would have happened? What is your problem with keeping more of what you earn?

    Employment January of each year. Looks to me like 9 million new taxpayers created between January 2003 and January 2008 all before Democrats took control of the Congress and Legislative process.

    2003 137417
    2004 138472
    2005 140245
    2006 143142
    2007 146032
    2008 146421

  10. #340
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,258

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable for you -- I can see why it might be -- but in order to chart a course out of this mess it's necessary to understand how we got into it to begin with. Once you understand that our fiscal woes are primarily the result of ill-advised tax cuts and an ill-advised war, the way out becomes fairly obvious.
    So, the government killing jobs and authorizing $4 trillion in wasteful spending didn't have anything to do with it?

    I find that Libbo opposition to the wars conflicts with the whole, "government spending creates jobs", talking point we've been hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •