Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How do your same old tired personal attacks on me give you any credibility on issues?
    It didn't seem personal, Haymarket. He was just speaking the obvious.

    The fact is that Liberalism has failed wherever it has taken hold and there is no denying that fact. Michigan is one example, certainly, but there are many others.

    Thomas Sowell summed it all up very nicely.

    "The world of reality has its problems, so it is understandable that some people want to escape to a different world, where you can talk lofty talk and forget about ugly realities like costs and repercussions. The world of reality is not nearly as lovely as the world of Liberal Land. No wonder so many people want to go there".

    Unfortunately we are all ultimately stuck in Realityland and the sooner we all acknowledge that, if we are intellectually capable, the better.

  2. #322
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course you can?

    Then why is the United States trillions of dollars in debt and counting?

    If you can pay for these things why don't you?

    The government can't even present a budget much less balance one.

    I have no idea where you get your optimism but it certainly isn't based on any kind of reality.
    Again, we simply have to wake up to reality. Reality is that we took a very bad turn when we elected George W. Bush and allowed him to slash tax rates. Reality is that we would actually be in decent shape even now if the Bush tax cuts had never been put in place. Reality is that we can still be in decent shape by doing nothing but rescinding the Bush tax cuts, which would reduce the deficit by over $5 trillion in the next 10 years. Of course we should also reduce spending.

    The cause of our problem is so obvious it beggars the imagination that you can't see it. Take away the Republican tax cuts and the Republican war in Iraq and the world is much happier looking place.

  3. #323
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, we simply have to wake up to reality. Reality is that we took a very bad turn when we elected George W. Bush and allowed him to slash tax rates. Reality is that we would actually be in decent shape even now if the Bush tax cuts had never been put in place. Reality is that we can still be in decent shape by doing nothing but rescinding the Bush tax cuts, which would reduce the deficit by over $5 trillion in the next 10 years. Of course we should also reduce spending.

    The cause of our problem is so obvious it beggars the imagination that you can't see it. Take away the Republican tax cuts and the Republican war in Iraq and the world is much happier looking place.
    At some point, people have to go back to work. You're not going to accomplish anything by just raising taxes, except insure that someone's ass gets voted out next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It didn't seem personal, Haymarket. He was just speaking the obvious.

    The fact is that Liberalism has failed wherever it has taken hold and there is no denying that fact. Michigan is one example, certainly, but there are many others.

    Thomas Sowell summed it all up very nicely.

    "The world of reality has its problems, so it is understandable that some people want to escape to a different world, where you can talk lofty talk and forget about ugly realities like costs and repercussions. The world of reality is not nearly as lovely as the world of Liberal Land. No wonder so many people want to go there".

    Unfortunately we are all ultimately stuck in Realityland and the sooner we all acknowledge that, if we are intellectually capable, the better.
    it is personal with him(conservative) grant...you consider it 'speaking the obvious' because you agree with his world view...who gets the final say as to what 'reality' is? you? conservative? thomas sowell? are you the only ones capable of determing reality? is it 'reality' because you agree with it?

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Actually it would be the vast majority of Americans from both parties, who consistently say that they do not want to cut any of the major government programs.
    I suppose that is where leadership comes in, doesn't it?

    We and the former Soviet Union have the same problem...a largely ignored Constitution.

  6. #326
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's not really open to argument. It's a fact.

    Of course I don't think we should do that. How many times do I have to type that before you guys get a clue?
    Gee I don't know, it just appears to be in your nature.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #327
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    SS, Medicare, and military spending make up most of federal spending, and most Americans do not want significant spending cuts in any of those areas. Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Those are the basic facts.

    It is not going to be a choice should Keynesian lunacy remain in effect.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, we simply have to wake up to reality. Reality is that we took a very bad turn when we elected George W. Bush and allowed him to slash tax rates. Reality is that we would actually be in decent shape even now if the Bush tax cuts had never been put in place. Reality is that we can still be in decent shape by doing nothing but rescinding the Bush tax cuts, which would reduce the deficit by over $5 trillion in the next 10 years. Of course we should also reduce spending.

    The cause of our problem is so obvious it beggars the imagination that you can't see it. Take away the Republican tax cuts and the Republican war in Iraq and the world is much happier looking place.
    Reality is not trying to blame the past but what to do in the present and future.

    Most of what i see nowadays is trying to place blame elsewhere rather than trying to do something to resolve the situation, and that includes the present administration.

    Let's do it your way and blame all the world's ill on George Bush. Now that that's been settled is the budget balanced and the debt cleared up? Are people back at work?

    Rather than debating who's fault it is for what we see today why not find agreement on ways that might cut spending and balance a budget , eliminate the debt, how the market can create jobs, how the US might compete in a changing world, etc.

    But all the liberals can do is whine that it's all the fault of George Bush and the Republicans. That's the stock answer to America's problems and it was old three years ago. This lack of imagination and foresight will not serve the country well.
    Last edited by Grant; 11-25-11 at 11:54 PM.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    it is personal with him(conservative) grant...you consider it 'speaking the obvious' because you agree with his world view...who gets the final say as to what 'reality' is? you? conservative? thomas sowell? are you the only ones capable of determing reality? is it 'reality' because you agree with it?
    I do agree with what he is saying and that what is happening in the United States and Europe was entirely predictable because reality, and especially the reality of demographics and the consequences of social engineering, was ignored.

    Now there is the reality of debt and unaffordable social programs and the poor Liberals have no idea what to do about it because the answer might lie in "right wing" solutions. Isn't that true?

  10. #330
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is not going to be a choice should Keynesian lunacy remain in effect.

    j-mac
    Keynes maintained that stimulus during down economies should be temporary. It should be paid for by contingency funds collected during periods of strong growth. Unfortunately it seems that the previous adminstration neglected that basic principle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •