Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #1321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Only in the world of partisan politics would Obama's performance have a chance of validation with an extension.

  2. #1322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Only in the world of partisan politics would Obama's performance have a chance of validation with an extension.
    Don't be confuse and misread things. Many simply won't consider the fire better than the frying pan. You do have to present a better alternative.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1323
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. A comon dodge on your part. But being a thinking person, I can speculate and see problems. You could as well, if you took the time to look it over.

    No dodge here, I was merely commenting on how you spoke as though you had to approve of our nominee. However if you want to talk dodge, then why are you not addressing your own presidents failures, instead of just stirring ****?

    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1324
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Obama record matters more to me and if forced to choose Newt I will vote AGAINST Obama rather than voting for Newt. Any of those Republicans are better qualified than Obama yet he won the election. He had his chance and failed. I prefer the Conservative alternative which has been successful in TX

    Texas comptroller declares economic recession over - BusinessWeek
    Unfortunately for you, more than you get to vote.

    Do we really ahve to over the problems with Texas again?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1325
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't be confuse and misread things. Many simply won't consider the fire better than the frying pan. You do have to present a better alternative.

    A house plant would be better.

    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No dodge here, I was merely commenting on how you spoke as though you had to approve of our nominee. However if you want to talk dodge, then why are you not addressing your own presidents failures, instead of just stirring ****?

    J-mac
    No, that's your silly reading of the post.

    As for my president, as you call him, I have often pointed out he disappoints, that I disagree with a few of his actions, but he isn't what your partisan hacks call him. That hyperbole and dishonest silliness is just that, hyperbolic and dishonest silliness.

    But no matter, you still have to produce a alternative that appeals to more than the radical base. A general election involves more than that. This is not hard to understand, but harder to dispute.

    As for stirring ****, pot to kettle btw, when someone says it's a done deal, it deserves a rebuttal. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    A house plant would be better.

    J-mac
    Thought the same thing about Bush, and with more cause, but Kerry proved you still have to provide a viable candidate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't be confuse and misread things. Many simply won't consider the fire better than the frying pan. You do have to present a better alternative.
    Better alternatives abound. There must be about 200 million Americans who qualify for president and about half of those would be an improvement.

    Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but there have to be 100s of thousands. The entire country cannot have dumbed down much.*

    *If Obama is re-elected I will have to withdraw that last statement.

  9. #1329
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Unfortunately for you, more than you get to vote.

    Do we really ahve to over the problems with Texas again?
    I understand how TX frustrates liberals like you but the results are what they are and refute liberal rhetoric.

  10. #1330
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Better alternatives abound. There must be about 200 million Americans who qualify for president and about half of those would be an improvement.

    Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but there have to be 100s of thousands. The entire country cannot have dumbed down much.*

    *If Obama is re-elected I will have to withdraw that last statement.
    Yes, there are better choices. I just don't think they are running, with the possible exception of Paul.

    Reminds me of this:

    How Can 59 Million People Be So Dumb? - Funny Bush Picture

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •