Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #1261
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    but i already included domestic spending in that, we will need to cut, but lets prioritize first, start cutting the stuff that will be the least hurtful to the average joe, and go from there until you have a balanced budget.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    A biilionaire getting a million dollar tax break will not have the same effect as the person making 50k a year will.
    Most people making 50,000 a year don't pay any FIT based upon tax policy and deductions available.

  3. #1263
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have bought the liberal bs that the govt. needs the money more than the American taxpayers, why? I don't care what Buffet or anyone else pays in taxes, why do you? If anyone believes the govt. isn't getting enough revenue, send in more to the govt. as a donation.

    Stop buying what you are told, every American has access to the same deductions thus no American is getting a better deal. you continue to buy the liberal rhetoric that it is unfair for the rich to keep more of their income forgetting that it is THEIR INCOME NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S.
    One of the big problems with our system, is that the rich hide their money, and go to great lengths to make sure it does not get taxed, then they lobby DC to have laws passed that allow them to hide more and more money in offshore accounts. You and I do not have the same access to the system that they do, the tax loop holes for the rich do exist, and there are many of them. and why should i care what Buffet pays? Because if its all about getting more revenue to help pay off our debt, why the hell would we ignore a huge source of revenue from people who pay less in taxes than the middle class?

  4. #1264
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    but i already included domestic spending in that, we will need to cut, but lets prioritize first, start cutting the stuff that will be the least hurtful to the average joe, and go from there until you have a balanced budget.
    What is the role of the Federal, State, and local governments? We have a 3.7 trillion dollar budget, the first thing you do is pull SS and Medicare out of that budget eliminating the unified budget process. Put it where it belongs and then make sure that FICA goes only to fund those programs along with govt. pensions. Then you pull out any other expense that is duplicated at the state including EPA, Education, Commerce, Energy, unemployment, healthcare, etc and see how much you are left over with.

  5. #1265
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Also, congress has the clear authority to tax peoples money, raising that a bit, its not the end of the free world as we know it.

  6. #1266
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    One of the big problems with our system, is that the rich hide their money, and go to great lengths to make sure it does not get taxed, then they lobby DC to have laws passed that allow them to hide more and more money in offshore accounts. You and I do not have the same access to the system that they do, the tax loop holes for the rich do exist, and there are many of them. and why should i care what Buffet pays? Because if its all about getting more revenue to help pay off our debt, why the hell would we ignore a huge source of revenue from people who pay less in taxes than the middle class?
    politicians on both sides have found that they can buy votes with spending money. They have zero interest in cutting spending for the reason that they keep their jobs by giving their constituents other taxpayer's money.

  7. #1267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    Also, congress has the clear authority to tax peoples money, raising that a bit, its not the end of the free world as we know it.
    You totally ignore that those taxdollars buy and that is the problem

  8. #1268
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is the role of the Federal, State, and local governments? We have a 3.7 trillion dollar budget, the first thing you do is pull SS and Medicare out of that budget eliminating the unified budget process. Put it where it belongs and then make sure that FICA goes only to fund those programs along with govt. pensions. Then you pull out any other expense that is duplicated at the state including EPA, Education, Commerce, Energy, unemployment, healthcare, etc and see how much you are left over with.
    If you want to put it on the State Level, thats not ganna fix the problem, the States are having a lot of fiscal troubles as well, and have less power to actually do anything about it.

    I guess it could be argued it would cut costs, but in the end your just passing the expense to someone else.

  9. #1269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    If you want to put it on the State Level, thats not ganna fix the problem, the States are having a lot of fiscal troubles as well, and have less power to actually do anything about it.

    I guess it could be argued it would cut costs, but in the end your just passing the expense to someone else.
    States have a responsibility to their citizens, if they over spend it is up to the people of that state to correct the problem, not get help from taxpayers in other states. That is called accepting personal responsibility. It is not your responsibility to pay for expenses in my state.

  10. #1270
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Well how low should taxes be then Conservative? how much is enough? they are already lower than ever, but thats not good enough is it? we need less and less, so those darn poor people can't get any of your money!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •