Page 124 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #1231
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    @Conservative

    But you could use a little of that "peace and love" nonsense I think. "Worthless individuals". Now, granted, even I will admit there are worthless individuals in the group, but even from your point of view, surly you realize that at least some are just there because they have a strong political opinion about many issues, there are a decent amount of Military vets in those protests as well, along with a lot of the working class in there to, people who actually have jobs. So while I COULD MAYBE see that word "worthless" being ascribed to some, I think its just factual incorrect to use such a broad brush.
    Last edited by FFDP666; 12-13-11 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #1232
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    ^^ Are you debating yourself?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  3. #1233
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tax rates are the lowest but not tax collections which were up both after the Reagan and Bush tax cuts. just because you cut rates doesn't mean you cut revenue. The rich are paying a greater share now than they paid prior to the tax cuts so what you are being told is simply wrong.
    Tax revenue was at its highest before the Bush tax cuts at 10%, 2001 and 2002 is down as a percentage of GDP.
    The increase in the 1980s is obviously not related to the tax cuts as those numbers were on their way up even before 1980.
    Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

  4. #1234
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    ^^ Are you debating yourself?
    ...damn...guess i hit the wrong button. lol

  5. #1235
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    And now we are on Social Security? As I understand it, those people are assured of getting their money for many many years to come. So why are we arguing about it? I mean the only reason the Social Security fund is going bad at all, is because that money was used to pay for tax cuts and wars.

  6. #1236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    Tax revenue was at its highest before the Bush tax cuts at 10%, 2001 and 2002 is down as a percentage of GDP.
    The increase in the 1980s is obviously not related to the tax cuts as those numbers were on their way up even before 1980.
    Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP
    Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the fiscal year of the U.S. which runs from October-September. The Bush tax cuts or first installation weren't completed until the end if fiscal year 2001 and we were in a recession. Did you forget what happened in September 2001 which impacted the economy by about a trillion dollars according to the GAO which was quite a hit.. Jobs were lost in 2001-2002 thus taxpayers. The final addition of the Bush tax cut was implemented July 2003 and the results from 2003-2008 are quite telling but ignored. here is what the Treasury shows for FIt revenue

    2000 2202.8
    2001 2163.7
    2002 2002.1
    2003 2047.9
    2004 2213.2
    2005 2546.8
    2006 2807.4
    2007 2951.2
    2008 2790.3

    Like fare too many progressives you use basic math while ignoring growth as an issue.

  7. #1237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by FFDP666 View Post
    And now we are on Social Security? As I understand it, those people are assured of getting their money for many many years to come. So why are we arguing about it? I mean the only reason the Social Security fund is going bad at all, is because that money was used to pay for tax cuts and wars.
    How do you explain tax revenue growing AFTER the Bush tax cuts?

  8. #1238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    A real eye opener for the OWS crowd and so called progressives. The brainwashing by this Administration is destroying this country

    Special Interests...EXPOSED!!! - YouTube

  9. #1239
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the fiscal year of the U.S. which runs from October-September. The Bush tax cuts or first installation weren't completed until the end if fiscal year 2001 and we were in a recession. Did you forget what happened in September 2001 which impacted the economy by about a trillion dollars according to the GAO which was quite a hit.. Jobs were lost in 2001-2002 thus taxpayers. The final addition of the Bush tax cut was implemented July 2003 and the results from 2003-2008 are quite telling but ignored. here is what the Treasury shows for FIt revenue

    2000 2202.8
    2001 2163.7
    2002 2002.1
    2003 2047.9
    2004 2213.2
    2005 2546.8
    2006 2807.4
    2007 2951.2
    2008 2790.3

    Like fare too many progressives you use basic math while ignoring growth as an issue.
    Revenue did go up, but it had nothing to do with the tax cuts, the economy was growing because of the housing boom, just like in the 1980s Reagan tax cuts, were not the source of economic growth, a myriad of other sources were, namely, a huge drop in oil prices.

  10. #1240
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    02-12-12 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    519
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    To this day, no supply side supporter can directly show a link between their tax cuts and the economy growing, NOT when so many other economic factors come into play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •