Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1355

Thread: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

  1. #1181
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    yes, i do know that thus the joke that liberals make of this issue. FIT funds the FEDERAL GOVT. Do you understand that? how is raising the taxes on one class going to help the economy? How did any rich person hurt you or your family? Those evil rich people now pay for 38% of the Federal Income taxes collected and 47% of income earning households don't pay any Federal Income tax. Is that paying their fair share?
    Yes, that's the result of Republican policies. Did you forget that?

    Amazing isn't it? The rich get richer and they owe more taxes. The poor get poorer and they fall to a point where they don't owe any taxes. Republican policy in action.
    Last edited by AdamT; 12-12-11 at 06:36 PM.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    life isn't fair. we ask rich people to pay more in taxes than poorer people. its the way it is.
    That doesn't answer the question nor does it explain why we need a 3.7 trillion dollar federal govt? Is that "fair share" that Obama keeps talking about zero for 47%of INCOME EARNERS?

  3. #1183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, that's the result of Republican policies. Did you forget that?
    So repeal the Republican policies and raise taxes on everyone so you can continue to support the 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt, and still run a trillion dollar deficit

  4. #1184
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    yes, i do know that thus the joke that liberals make of this issue. FIT funds the FEDERAL GOVT. Do you understand that? how is raising the taxes on one class going to help the economy? How did any rich person hurt you or your family? Those evil rich people now pay for 38% of the Federal Income taxes collected and 47% of income earning households don't pay any Federal Income tax. Is that paying their fair share?
    Do you realize the lowest quintile of those paying FIT pay a higher percentage of all taxes now than they did before the Bush tax cuts?

  5. #1185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you realize the lowest quintile of those paying FIT pay a higher percentage of all taxes now than they did before the Bush tax cuts?
    The issue is FEDERAL INCOME TAXES not other tax burdens. Suggest you learn what each tax was supposed to fund and stop confusing the various taxes. Still waiting for your definition of "fair share" because apparently it is zero for 47% of the income earning households.

  6. #1186
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So repeal the Republican policies and raise taxes on everyone so you can continue to support the 3.7 trillion dollar Federal Govt, and still run a trillion dollar deficit
    Eventually that will happen, and because of it we will have manageable deficits. Just like we would have if Reagan and Bush hadn't ****ed up the tax code to begin with.

  7. #1187
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The issue is FEDERAL INCOME TAXES not other tax burdens. Suggest you learn what each tax was supposed to fund and stop confusing the various taxes. Still waiting for your definition of "fair share" because apparently it is zero for 47% of the income earning households.
    That's only the issue because, as usual, the broader context screws up your argument. The truth is that Reagan cut FIT but pumped up payroll taxes to compensate. Now you want to ignore payroll taxes.

  8. #1188
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's only the issue because, as usual, the broader context screws up your argument. The truth is that Reagan cut FIT but pumped up payroll taxes to compensate. Now you want to ignore payroll taxes.
    Compensate what, SS and Medicare? You have a problem with doing that? Do you really believe it is someone else's responsibility to fund your SS?

  9. #1189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, that's the result of Republican policies. Did you forget that?

    Amazing isn't it? The rich get richer and they owe more taxes. The poor get poorer and they fall to a point where they don't owe any taxes. Republican policy in action.
    Perhaps if the government stopped using tax dollars to bail out failing enterprises, futile 'stimulus' plans, pay offs to political hacks and instead attempted to present or balance a budget, they might be taken more seriously by serious people. But giving money to these marauders would only encourage them to spend more.

    Bailing out the bail out government is not the answer.

  10. #1190
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Poll: Voters Viewing Occupy Wall St. Unfavorably

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Compensate what, SS and Medicare? You have a problem with doing that? Do you really believe it is someone else's responsibility to fund your SS?
    He had to pump up payroll taxes to cover for the drastic reduction in FIT revenue. Now you want to ignore the fact that people are paying higher payroll taxes and bitch because they're paying lower FIT ... which has always been the Republicans' No. 1 goal. It's rather incredible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •