Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 278

Thread: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

  1. #141
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sorry Adam, there is no way in hell MSNBC is the liberal equivalent of Fox. Sure MSNBC leans left, but Fox News is the extension of the Republican party; for starters Fox is run by Roger Ailes who was Republican operative during the Nixon Bush 41 years and was involved with Lee Atwater creating the racist Willie Horton ad in the 1988 presidential election. Fox previews all the Republican candidates they like; you'll never see that on MSNBC.

    Fox News = Republican Party
    How was the Willie Horton ad racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #142
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have evidence that the story is a lie. Yes?
    It is a fact that ACORN does not exist, thus the story is a lie. It is also a fact that the only support for the claims in the story come from an unnamed source, and it is a fact that the claims have been categorically denied.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It is a fact that ACORN does not exist, thus the story is a lie. It is also a fact that the only support for the claims in the story come from an unnamed source, and it is a fact that the claims have been categorically denied.
    Ok, now, any news report that uses an un-named source is a lie?

    And, since when has ACORN been dissolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sorry Adam, there is no way in hell MSNBC is the liberal equivalent of Fox. Sure MSNBC leans left, but Fox News is the extension of the Republican party; for starters Fox is run by Roger Ailes who was Republican operative during the Nixon Bush 41 years and was involved with Lee Atwater creating the racist Willie Horton ad in the 1988 presidential election. Fox previews all the Republican candidates they like; you'll never see that on MSNBC.

    Fox News = Republican Party
    Well, it's hard to say with precision which is more biased, but it's clear that they both are. Neither can be considered a neutral source.

    And of course there's nothing wrong that! As long as one recognizes that it's advocacy and not news. That's where conservatives run off the tracks. They actually seem to believe that grossly slanted right wing rhetoric is the baseline, and anything that isn't slanted to the far right is biased. It's bizarre and dangerous.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #145
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, now, any news report that uses an un-named source is a lie?

    And, since when has ACORN been dissolved?
    You're defending the story and you didn't even know that ACORN filed Chapter 7 almost a year ago to the day?

    Thus the story is a lie.

    The fact that the story relies entirely on an unnamed source simply means that it is dubious at best.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're defending the story and you didn't even know that ACORN filed Chapter 7 almost a year ago to the day?

    Thus the story is a lie.

    The fact that the story relies entirely on an unnamed source simply means that it is dubious at best.
    Perhaps you should actually read the article, first.

    From the first parapgraph:

    Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of

    Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    BREAKING: ‘New’ ACORN Groups Join SEIU

    Based on that, saying ACORN is behind this is like saying that Arthur Anderson is still around merely because it associated affiliates are still alive. It's not entirely honest to say that ACORN isn't entirely behind this as elements that once composed it are indeed behind, but at the same time it's not entirely honest to say that ACORN is behind this merely because associated affiliates are.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #148
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    So has Dan Rather at CBS, CNN has presented some obvious bull****, Jambalaya is right, they all do it. The Fox news hatred is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, they are a center right version of the news practice, the other organizations do the exact same thing.
    CBS fired Rather. FOX News, on the other hand, rewards it's liars.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    BREAKING: ‘New’ ACORN Groups Join SEIU

    Based on that, saying ACORN is behind this is like saying that Arthur Anderson is still around merely because it associated affiliates are still alive. It's not entirely honest to say that ACORN isn't entirely behind this as elements that once composed it are indeed behind, but at the same time it's not entirely honest to say that ACORN is behind this merely because associated affiliates are.
    Maybe from a more 'Liberal news source' it will be more 'acceptable':

    Calls to Acorn’s New York City offices, for example, are now met with a recording that says: “Acorn is not providing services in New York. If you’re interested in hearing from local organizations with similar purposes, please press zero.”

    The New York chapter has been replaced by a new group, called New York Communities for Change, whose Web site promotes many of Acorn’s goals and many of whose staff and community members are the same.


    Acorn on Brink of Bankruptcy, Officials Say - NYTimes.com

  10. #150
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're defending the story and you didn't even know that ACORN filed Chapter 7 almost a year ago to the day?

    Thus the story is a lie.

    The fact that the story relies entirely on an unnamed source simply means that it is dubious at best.
    I didn't know Chapter 7 filing requires the liquidation of people. Are you saying all of the clowns that used to work for ACORN are dead? Could it be all of those clowns have simply moved to another bogus not-for-profit and are back doing the exact same thing they did at ACORN? Call it whatever name you want, its the same thugs that used to be at ACORN.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •