Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 278

Thread: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

  1. #101
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Either the story is bogus, and Acorn has a pretty rock solid slander case, or the story has merit, and they DON'T have a rock solid slander case. And since no gag order has been served, or no other legal action taken, seeing as this story is still on their site...I'm gonna go with, there has to be a least a decent shred of truth to this story.

    A car dealership got sued for accusing a rival of having links to terrorists. And I believe the settlement was quite a decent amount of money. For some car dealership out in bum fickle egypt, that NO ONE has heard of.

    Acorn, on the other hand, and Fox News....are, well.....national, and most EVERYONE has heard of both of them. If a slander suet made the news for some unknown car dealership, I have to imagine that the other would be front page, at least a full 5 inches of text, with a nice big photo.

    Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Either the story is bogus, and Acorn has a pretty rock solid slander case, or the story has merit, and they DON'T have a rock solid slander case. And since no gag order has been served, or no other legal action taken, seeing as this story is still on their site...I'm gonna go with, there has to be a least a decent shred of truth to this story.

    A car dealership got sued for accusing a rival of having links to terrorists. And I believe the settlement was quite a decent amount of money. For some car dealership out in bum fickle egypt, that NO ONE has heard of.

    Acorn, on the other hand, and Fox News....are, well.....national, and most EVERYONE has heard of both of them. If a slander suet made the news for some unknown car dealership, I have to imagine that the other would be front page, at least a full 5 inches of text, with a nice big photo.

    Just saying.
    I've actually been doing some research on whether or not it is actually illegal or inappropriate for NYCC to pay people to attend protests.

    A look at their donation page reveals that contributions are not tax deductible.

    Which means they are a 501(c)(4) organization who are allowed to engage in the kind of activities they are "accused" of:

    501(c) organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #103
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I've actually been doing some research on whether or not it is actually illegal or inappropriate for NYCC to pay people to attend protests.

    A look at their donation page reveals that contributions are not tax deductible.

    Which means they are a 501(c)(4) organization who are allowed to engage in the kind of activities they are "accused" of:

    501(c) organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's not the issue, the issue is, that the OWS would NOT, then, be a grass roots movement.

    Just because, legally, you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD, in every case.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,284

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    It only takes a few lies and slants to make me doubt everything else said without a corraborating report from an different source. I don't take the word of a liar and run with it. Fox has already shown great bias against ACORN and a willingness to go directly to air and print will a dishonest report against them and then reluctance to recant that false report.
    You must hate MSNBC, CBS, CNN, NBC and ABC, too. You must REALLY hate Dan Rather...

    How many times did they air completely nonsensical reports about Obama's place of birth not being Hawaii? I mean seriously, it's just plain stupid to trust their word on anything.
    Well, none, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,284

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    They have also been caught on numerous occasions just plain making sh*t up and/or distorting the truth beyond all recognition. They are blatantly partisan and as such they are not a reliable source -- any more than MSNBC is a reliable source.
    No they haven't. That's a damn lie and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,284

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    According to your apparent definition, any rally or protest concerning any issue IS a political rally.
    This is a political rally. Face it. If ACORN wasn't in deep **** here, they wouldn't be conducting damage control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    So has Dan Rather at CBS, CNN has presented some obvious bull****, Jambalaya is right, they all do it. The Fox news hatred is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, they are a center right version of the news practice, the other organizations do the exact same thing.
    yeah, but cnn doesn't have the smarmy, stupid people of fox and friends. douchey doocy.
    Last edited by liblady; 11-04-11 at 05:14 PM.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #108
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,121
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No they haven't. That's a damn lie and you know it.
    Lies are a vital part of the progressive ideology. Without them, nobody could possibly embrace such flawed beliefs.

  9. #109
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Lies are a vital part of the progressive ideology. Without them, nobody could possibly embrace such flawed beliefs.
    Yes, Grim, we all know you get the "truth" from your hero Glenn Beck.


  10. #110
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No they haven't. That's a damn lie and you know it.
    Yes, they absolutely have. Hell, they've got their own website! Fox News Lies
    Last edited by AdamT; 11-04-11 at 05:33 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •