Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 177

Thread: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:06 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    FoxNews.com’s report identified NYCC as a key organizing force behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Sources within the group also told FoxNews.com NYCC was hiring people to carry signs and join the protests. NYCC -- a nonprofit organization run almost entirely by former ACORN officials and employees --did not reply for comment prior to the publication of the initial article, but later posted a statement on its website dismissing the article and denying that it pays protesters.

    Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

    We all know already that ACORN is and was Obamas pet project. So why is ACORN trying to get an angry mob together to protest wall street that Obama and the liberals bailed out? The reason is simple,
    1. To differ attention.
    2. To make people in America feel as though our voices are still heard.
    3. To cause enough panic and fear that "emergency action" is required. (Never let a disaster go to waste),..Rohm Emanuel.
    4. Read The Coming Insurrection and it becomes very clear.

  2. #12
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaron View Post
    FoxNews.com’s report identified NYCC as a key organizing force behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Sources within the group also told FoxNews.com NYCC was hiring people to carry signs and join the protests. NYCC -- a nonprofit organization run almost entirely by former ACORN officials and employees --did not reply for comment prior to the publication of the initial article, but later posted a statement on its website dismissing the article and denying that it pays protesters.

    Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

    We all know already that ACORN is and was Obamas pet project. So why is ACORN trying to get an angry mob together to protest wall street that Obama and the liberals bailed out? The reason is simple,
    1. To differ attention.
    2. To make people in America feel as though our voices are still heard.
    3. To cause enough panic and fear that "emergency action" is required. (Never let a disaster go to waste),..Rohm Emanuel.
    4. Read The Coming Insurrection and it becomes very clear.
    I hear that ACORN is also responsible for the earthquake in Japan.....

    Sheesh!! But what else would you expect from FOX News?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #13
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Is not part of the far right strategy to weaken the government a policy of "bleeding the beast"? I would think that every self respecting right wing whacko in the land would be 100% behind the OWS efforts as a way to bankrupt governments everywhere.

    I wonder why they are not?
    That's just ridiculous. Conservatives want the government to reduce spending. If we wanted them bankrupt we'd demand more spending, more borrowing, less concern about debts and deficits. Quit hacking it up for once and stay on topic. Jesus.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #14
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I hear that ACORN is also responsible for the earthquake in Japan.....

    Sheesh!! But what else would you expect from FOX News?
    Yes and Boehner's smokings caused Kim Jong Ill's cancer.... or did it cause all the bridges and infrastructure to collapse according to MSNBC? One of those...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #15
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,244

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Fair play to these protesters at least they are being heard and trying to make a stand. What did we do back in 2008 we sat on our hands and complained about it behind our TV/laptop screen like we are doing now. I give them props for having some balls.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The people demonstrating are "ordinary citizens".
    Ordinary citizens shouldn't be stopping people from making it to work. Some of those working class folks are going to miss a day's pay over this.

    The occupiers aren't ordinary citizens, they're extra ordinary idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Is not part of the far right strategy to weaken the government a policy of "bleeding the beast"? I would think that every self respecting right wing whacko in the land would be 100% behind the OWS efforts as a way to bankrupt governments everywhere.

    I wonder why they are not?
    Are we burning down people's private property in the process?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    When peoples' votes no longer matter, then rioting becomes the last resort of the people.
    People's votes still matter. We're going to see how much they matter come next November. The occupiers's votes won't matter, because they're a minority and most Americans don't agree with their agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think "ordinary citizens" would avoid blockading the work route of truckers and dock workers trying to earn their livings, isntead of lousing around and destroying public property in "peaceful protest" against things completely unrelated to the "middle class" workers they're targeting.
    Actually blocking **** isn't very good. And would only make people hate the OWS people even more. They should protest near enough where the workers are forced to see them but noone should be denied their ability to make it to work. But the OWS are still ordinary citizens. They are most likely targeting middle class in order to fill their ranks (hence why they shouldn't be overly forceful and burn their bridges). But free will is free will and a choice is a choice. Like Bush said, "If you aren't with us you are against us."

    (im not an advocate for the Bush saying, I like "Live and let live" alot better)
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 11-03-11 at 05:13 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #20
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaron View Post
    FoxNews.com’s report identified NYCC as a key organizing force behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Sources within the group also told FoxNews.com NYCC was hiring people to carry signs and join the protests. NYCC -- a nonprofit organization run almost entirely by former ACORN officials and employees --did not reply for comment prior to the publication of the initial article, but later posted a statement on its website dismissing the article and denying that it pays protesters.

    Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

    We all know already that ACORN is and was Obamas pet project. So why is ACORN trying to get an angry mob together to protest wall street that Obama and the liberals bailed out? The reason is simple,
    1. To differ attention.
    2. To make people in America feel as though our voices are still heard.
    3. To cause enough panic and fear that "emergency action" is required. (Never let a disaster go to waste),..Rohm Emanuel.
    4. Read The Coming Insurrection and it becomes very clear.
    More like the powers that be are trying to paper clip ACORN on top of the OWS peoples movement in order to illegitimize it. If Obama fails then the powers that be can just paperclip Obama on top of the OWS movement and blame a failing America on that.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •