Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 177

Thread: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

  1. #131
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Oh so now we are seperating all instances of current event injustice by loction? Didnt realize it was taboo to bring other very similar topics into the same envelope.
    All that I typed, and you only bothered to respond to the last line about it being about Boston.

    I see you have nothing to say about your lie of omission. Thats all I needed to know.

    Take your lies somewhere else.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #132
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    All that I typed, and you only bothered to respond to the last line about it being about Boston.

    I see you have nothing to say about your lie of omission. Thats all I needed to know.

    Take your lies somewhere else.
    Because its so damn absurd. You see it as that. I see it as this. Keep stuffing that straw man.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #133
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But those rules are based on government force and you have not outlined any way in which you restrict that force to proper means. If there are no restrictions on the restrictions, I cannot endorse it. I don't find it unreasonable to consider the aggregate effects upon the system; but I cannot abide by defining everything through government might. The government was meant to be restricted, not the People.
    But if the people find it important enough to limit permitting, They will do so through elections and through demanding the government drop the rule.

    If the people decide to give government that power, then so be it. It is on.....................The People to decide... not you, the individual.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Because its so damn absurd. You see it as that. I see it as this. Keep stuffing that straw man.
    What straw man? Its a fact that they were asked not to be on that section of the park, they were invited to join the other protesters in the other part of the park, or another park a few streets over.

    You have nothing to say to it other than claim I am making a strawman? You are surely lost. And not even worth my time.

    Goodbye troll.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #135
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What straw man? Its a fact that they were asked not to be on that section of the park, they were invited to join the other protesters in the other part of the park, or another park a few streets over.

    You have nothing to say to it other than claim I am making a strawman? You are surely lost. And not even worth my time.

    Goodbye troll.
    Holds up a mirror. Oh hey look.. You are talking about yourself.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #136
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Holds up a mirror. Oh hey look.. You are talking about yourself.
    So, still not responding to the substance of the Boston issue you brought up with half-truths.....

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But if the people find it important enough to limit permitting, They will do so through elections and through demanding the government drop the rule.
    Except that whoever is elected simply plugs into the apparatus of power and uses it. It's not like power is limited by who is in office. Permiting laws exist and are employed by whoever is in power, thus the vote doesn't work.

    If the assembly is peaceful - which it was - there should be no reason to disband it. Oakland city hall and the police were looking for a pretext because they used their power instead of their brains. Seriously Cain... use yours now. They disbanded a protest due to camping regulations, and they do so violently, even injuring people seriously. There is no excuse for that.

    Oakland deserves everything it's getting right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If the people decide to give government that power, then so be it. It is on.....................The People to decide... not you, the individual.
    The people didn't give the government permit powers, the government invented those powers. In other words, the powers aren't real and sanctioned by the people. When did anyone vote on the First Amendment requiring a permit or a special protest zone to be exercised?

    Ever since the popular protests of the 60's and 70's (which actually caused major change in politics), it is increasingly difficult to exercise First Amendment rights in large groups. Simply doing that gives them an invented pretext to disband the mob.

    I agree with Ikari that some violence may be necessary at this point, since the government is not respecting the rights of the People.

    What part of "freedom of assembly" do they not understand? If that means 10,000 people are blocking a major part of the city, then guess what? So be it. That doesn't mean city hall gets the right to disband or relocate these people.

    I believe we are going to see more violent protesting in the coming year, as government becomes increasingly violent in its oppression of protests.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Except that whoever is elected simply plugs into the apparatus of power and uses it. It's not like power is limited by who is in office. Permiting laws exist and are employed by whoever is in power, thus the vote doesn't work.

    If the assembly is peaceful - which it was - there should be no reason to disband it. Oakland city hall and the police were looking for a pretext because they used their power instead of their brains. Seriously Cain... use yours now. They disbanded a protest due to camping regulations, and they do so violently, even injuring people seriously. There is no excuse for that.
    Who was seriously injured in disbanding the encampment at Occupy Oakland???


    Oakland deserves everything it's getting right now.
    No it doesn't. Those business owners had nothing to do with it.




    The people didn't give the government permit powers, the government invented those powers. In other words, the powers aren't real and sanctioned by the people. When did anyone vote on the First Amendment requiring a permit or a special protest zone to be exercised?
    They didn't. The supreme court interpreted that into the constitution, like they have with alot of things, even things you agree with. So if the supreme court interprets something that you don't agree with its wrong... but what about the stuff you do?

    I agree with Ikari that some violence may be necessary at this point, since the government is not respecting the rights of the People.
    I think you stand alone on that one.

    What part of "freedom of assembly" do they not understand? If that means 10,000 people are blocking a major part of the city, then guess what? So be it. That doesn't mean city hall gets the right to disband or relocate these people.
    What part of regulating the time place and manner do you not understand? What part of not having the right to infringe upon other people's rights do you not understand?

    I believe we are going to see more violent protesting in the coming year, as government becomes increasingly violent in its oppression of protests.[/QUOTE]
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #139
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, still not responding to the substance of the Boston issue you brought up with half-truths.....

    You are asking me to awnser something that I already have. Police using green grass as a pretext to silence a crowd isn't valid to me. But keep stuffing that straw with "You wont awnser me." even though I awnsered it before you even asked your question. Its not my fault you see what you want and dont grasp my context.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #140
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland protesters remove barricade at port entrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    You are asking me to awnser something that I already have. Police using green grass as a pretext to silence a crowd isn't valid to me. But keep stuffing that straw with "You wont awnser me." even though I awnsered it before you even asked your question. Its not my fault you see what you want and dont grasp my context.
    If they told the protesters they can protest across the street or around the corner from where they were.... that isn't silencing them...........

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •