Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

  1. #51
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So the police police the police? In certain degrees yes, so long as they don't all start acting out. Ultimately the ones who police the police are the same as the ones who govern the government...We the People.
    "We the People" in the sense of who would investigate the Occupy incident would NOT include ANYONE who is an "Occupier"

    I find it sufficient that we can't trust their word as people have been saying dude was shot in the head directly, yet the videos don't show that.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, they don't much take kindly to challenges in their authority and sadly many seemed to have forgotten as to where that authority ultimately comes from.
    THE PEOPLE.... not the Pissy, Moaning, Whiney Cry baby ass individual who thinks they have a right that they dont.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    "We the People" in the sense of who would investigate the Occupy incident would NOT include ANYONE who is an "Occupier"

    I find it sufficient that we can't trust their word as people have been saying dude was shot in the head directly, yet the videos don't show that.
    From my review of the video it would be easy to make that mistake. He went down HARD. An eye-witness could honestly conclude he was shot directly and still be mistaken.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #54
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    From my review of the video it would be easy to make that mistake. He went down HARD. An eye-witness could honestly conclude he was shot directly and still be mistaken.
    Like could be said for the police (but shouldn't), the protesters themselves didn't even notice he was hurt for several moments after he lay there on the ground, as evidenced from the same video where you can tell he didn't take a direct hit.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Last Seen
    02-21-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    309

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Well the f#$king morons in Oakland met all expectations and started destroying private property and the apologists all over the media are falling all over themselves to try and not report it.

    Any expectation that these are peaceful protestors and be treated as such should be gone and they should be seen and treated as a riotous mob.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Like could be said for the police (but shouldn't), the protesters themselves didn't even notice he was hurt for several moments after he lay there on the ground, as evidenced from the same video where you can tell he didn't take a direct hit.
    Well it looked luke they were moving in the direction the police were moving and then turned around and came back when they noticed someone had fallen behind them.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #57
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Well it looked luke they were moving in the direction the police were moving and then turned around and came back when they noticed someone had fallen behind them.
    The problem I have is that the police weren't moving at all, with a downed man 10 ft in front of them.

    Im not upset that the accidental injury occurred..... Im mad that none of them on the line bothered to move in to assist the injured man.

    One could say they didn't notice it... but I would find that hard to believe....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The problem I have is that the police weren't moving at all, with a downed man 10 ft in front of them.

    Im not upset that the accidental injury occurred..... Im mad that none of them on the line bothered to move in to assist the injured man.

    One could say they didn't notice it... but I would find that hard to believe....
    The officers on the right were behind a barricade. On station under orders I'm sure.

    It happened pretty fast. I don't really fault the officers who didn't throw a flashbang.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I didn't realize we were involved in a revolution to free ourselves from a tyrannical government. Silly me, I said the same things about the Tea Party Protests... they've got the absolute right to protest and if they break the law they'll have to accept the consequences. Now that I realize that we are trying to overthrow the government, I shall don my three-sided hat and load my musket and wait to see who the enemy really is.
    Didn't say we were, just said you would have make one hell of a Loyalist.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Occupy Oakland: City braces for general strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    THE PEOPLE.... not the Pissy, Moaning, Whiney Cry baby ass individual who thinks they have a right that they dont.
    They are of the People, and have the same rights as all the People. Including association and protest. The fact that some cheer government force against such rights I find saddening and dangerous.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •