Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 425

Thread: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

  1. #71
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonxe View Post
    If you have a sexual allegation charge leveled against you, don't blame your rivals or the media. Blame Yourself! *Tea Party Crowd Claps*
    Actually it doesn't cost too much to make allegations. False allegations are made all of the time so it doesn't always follow that you should blame yourself unless you are actually guilty.

  2. #72
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry, but the alleging party gave up her right to express her version when she cashed the check. If she wants to change her mind and talk now...give the money back.
    For 15 years she apparently has kept her part of the deal. She didnt out herself...she has been dragged into the public eye. Im no legal expert and i havent slept at a Holiday Inn recently, but I saw this episode of Law and Order (jk)...anyway...when one party violates the agreement it seems fair that the other party should be able to respond.

  3. #73
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry, but the alleging party gave up her right to express her version when she cashed the check. If she wants to change her mind and talk now...give the money back.
    both parties will have normally executed a provision to maintain confidentiality of the agreement being signed
    that ole raisin has breached that provision may enable the woman to now come forward and offer her version of the events

    another fubar instance by ole raisin
    another reason why he should be found to be unworthy of the office he is seeking
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #74
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Where are you getting your information that Cain signed a confidentiality agreement? I think we'll find that the NRA and the lady signed one. So. he has no confidentiality agreement to violate. Unless someone can provide a link showing that he signed one...
    as he was a complicit party to the agreement, it is unlikely that the woman making the allegations would be bound to confidentiality while ole raisin remained free to discuss the circumstances precipitating the need for the agreement
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #75
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    For 15 years she apparently has kept her part of the deal. She didnt out herself...she has been dragged into the public eye. Im no legal expert and i havent slept at a Holiday Inn recently, but I saw this episode of Law and Order (jk)...anyway...when one party violates the agreement it seems fair that the other party should be able to respond.
    She hasn't been "dragged into the public eye." No one even knows who she is!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #76
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    as he was a complicit party to the agreement, it is unlikely that the woman making the allegations would be bound to confidentiality while ole raisin remained free to discuss the circumstances precipitating the need for the agreement
    Nice fancy word "complicit." You can't be a party to a contract unless you've signed it. Period. No one else can bind a third party to anything.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #77
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Nice fancy word "complicit." You can't be a party to a contract unless you've signed it. Period. No one else can bind a third party to anything.
    while i have not seen it, i would not be surprised if the confidentiality agreement bound all parties
    ole raisin was an officer of the association at the time. that he is no longer would not then give him license to expose what had been formerly been found confidential

    but you will notice, it may very possibly be that he has now unilaterally breached such an agreement, providing the opportunity for the opposing party to do the same ... again noting my caveat above
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #78
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    while i have not seen it, i would not be surprised if the confidentiality agreement bound all parties
    ole raisin was an officer of the association at the time. that he is no longer would not then give him license to expose what had been formerly been found confidential

    but you will notice, it may very possibly be that he has now unilaterally breached such an agreement, providing the opportunity for the opposing party to do the same ... again noting my caveat above
    Ya' know, ya' can't just sue somebody. What are her damages? No one even knows who she is -- and won't unless she herself violates the agreement. (Or her attorney.) If what you're saying is right, which I don't believe for a minute it is, then why isn't she speaking out? One speaking out, by the way, doesn't mean Katy Bar the Door. Violating the contract does not necessarily negate it in its entirety. If this were black-and-white, she'd be screamin' from the rooftops.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #79
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Ya' know, ya' can't just sue somebody. What are her damages? No one even knows who she is -- and won't unless she herself violates the agreement. (Or her attorney.) If what you're saying is right, which I don't believe for a minute it is, then why isn't she speaking out? One speaking out, by the way, doesn't mean Katy Bar the Door. Violating the contract does not necessarily negate it in its entirety. If this were black-and-white, she'd be screamin' from the rooftops.

    you are assuming that her case, and the resulting agreement, is not being revisited by her attorney
    my understanding is that it is now under review
    we should soon see if she has the ability and inclination to make her version of this situation public
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #80
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    I see no reason why money would be a problem. If what she had to say was juicy enough I am sure some news organization could come up with enough money to make it worth the effort. She could pay the money back and have something left over. It may be in he best interest of Cain's enemies to keep the details hidden if they seem to be frivolous.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •