Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 425

Thread: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post

    No, he never settled anything. The NRA settled with the women AFTER Cain left the organization and Cain never signed anything. Everything was done out of court since there was never a case to begin with.
    The news is reporting otherwise ...


    Bennett said he would not disclose the amount of the monetary settlement his client was awarded by the National Restaurant Association. He also noted that Cain--who was then president of the NRA--did not sign settlement documents. Cain has stated he has no knowledge of a settlement involving this accuser--or with any other women who had lodged sexual harassment allegations against him.

    Herman Cain accuser stands by 1999 harassment claims, won’t reveal details; NRA confirms complaint

  2. #302
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The news is reporting otherwise ...
    Bennett said he would not disclose the amount of the monetary settlement his client was awarded by the National Restaurant Association. He also noted that Cain--who was then president of the NRA--did not sign settlement documents. Cain has stated he has no knowledge of a settlement involving this accuser--or with any other women who had lodged sexual harassment allegations against him.

    Herman Cain accuser stands by 1999 harassment claims, won’t reveal details; NRA confirms complaint
    perhaps you are confused? your own link says that Cain did not sign the settlement
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-08-11 at 02:07 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    he paid her to go away because the lawyers were afraid she would win her appeal and the lawsuit would be reinstated. such fears would be unjustified if her accusations were meritless

    $850K is an awful ot of money to pay to make a meritless case that had already been dismissed go away
    Like most of everything you've been posting today, you have no evidence of that other than your overactive imagination.

    Like it or not, based on the evidence she provided in court, her case was found to be "meritless." Your fantasies of why Clinton paid her to go away notwithstanding.

  4. #304
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Like most of everything you've been posting today, you have no evidence of that other than your overactive imagination.

    Like it or not, based on the evidence she provided in court, her case was found to be "meritless." Your fantasies of why Clinton paid her to go away notwithstanding.
    and apparently the overactive imaginations of Clinton's lawyers who advised him to pay nearly a million dollars rather than take the chance of an appeal. yeah, that sounds like the charges were meritless

    and if the case was so meritless...why did he pay her $150K MORE than what she asked for? out of the goodness of his heart?
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-08-11 at 02:11 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    perhaps you are confused? your own link says that Cain did not sign the settlement
    Holy ****, are you going to gnaw at my ankles all day?

    Conservativeguy posted the settlements came after Cain left the NRA. I even highlighted that in his quote to avoid confusion, yet it didn't help you apparently because you are still confused.

    Your confusion aside, the part I highlighted was the part I was responding to. Conservativeguy claimed the settlements came after Cain left the NRA and the part of the article I posted was, in at least 1 of the 2 cases, the settlement occurred while Cain was still the president of the NRA.

    Gnaw away . . .



  6. #306
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Like most of everything you've been posting today, you have no evidence of that other than your overactive imagination.

    Like it or not, based on the evidence she provided in court, her case was found to be "meritless." Your fantasies of why Clinton paid her to go away notwithstanding.
    Actually the dismissal wasn't based on the veracity of her claims, but rather on the fact that she failed to prove damages even if the claims were true. You'd think she could prove mental distress, at minimum, but maybe she didn't put on any evidence to support it.

    Remember this was a civil trial; she never filed a criminal complaint.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    and apparently the overactive imaginations of Clinton's lawyers who advised him to pay nearly a million dollars rather than take the chance of an appeal. yeah, that sounds like the charges were meritless
    Well they were found to be meritless by the presiding judge while all you have is your overactive imagination.

  8. #308
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Holy ****, are you going to gnaw at my ankles all day?

    Conservativeguy posted the settlements came after Cain left the NRA. I even highlighted that in his quote to avoid confusion, yet it didn't help you apparently because you are still confused.

    Your confusion aside, the part I highlighted was the part I was responding to. Conservativeguy claimed the settlements came after Cain left the NRA and the part of the article I posted was, in at least 1 of the 2 cases, the settlement occurred while Cain was still the president of the NRA.

    Gnaw away . . .


    spin away, you claimed Cain settled, your own link shows otherwise, but hey...thanks for playing
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #309
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well they were found to be meritless by the presiding judge while all you have is your overactive imagination.
    see the post above yours. even the lawyer who disagrees with me on everything thinks you are wrong
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    spin away, you claimed Cain settled, your own link shows otherwise, but hey...thanks for playing
    That's funny ... you post, "thanks for playing" as though you won the argument ... but the argument you're claiming victory over is a strawman argument as I never said Cain settled with those women.



    Try harder!

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •