Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 425

Thread: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

  1. #231
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Are you saying it's not "severe" if a woman is raped if she doesn't call the police? Do you believe women always call the police after they've been raped?
    are you saying that he raped her?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    from your link



    note the plural, meaning more than one

    sorry folks, just because you want it to be harassment doesn't make it so.

    I am not saying it was right, just that it doesn't meet the requirements to be considered harassment.
    Who knows how on Earth you missed this ...

    The conduct of the harasser must either be severe or it must be pervasive to be sexual harassment.

  3. #233
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Who knows how on Earth you missed this ...

    The conduct of the harasser must either be severe or it must be pervasive to be sexual harassment.
    well we know it wasn't pervasive and since he didn't go to jail and she didn't complain at the time it appears that it wasn't severe.


    why are you so afraid of Cain? afraid he would out-black your boy Obama in the general election?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    are you saying that he raped her?
    No, since "rape" was the example provided by the definition of sexual harassment as a "one-time" attack which qualifies as sexual harassment, how could you have meant anything other than "rape" when you suggested she may have felt it wasn't severe enough?

    Do you even realize what you responded do when you offered that suggestion?

  5. #235
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No, since "rape" was the example provided by the definition of sexual harassment as a "one-time" attack which qualifies as sexual harassment, how could you have meant anything other than "rape" when you suggested she may have felt it wasn't severe enough?

    Do you even realize what you responded do when you offered that suggestion?
    so IOW, you are trying to use an example that doesn't apply to this situation to prove that Cain harassed her
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    well we know it wasn't pervasive and since he didn't go to jail and she didn't complain at the time it appears that it wasn't severe.
    You must be psychic since none of the women who filed a complaint released the details of the sexual harassment. How do you know it wasn't pervasive?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    why are you so afraid of Cain? afraid he would out-black your boy Obama in the general election?
    Ahh, the old, "what are you afraid of," canard. Cute. What's to be afraid of a black man running in a political party which almost never elects blacks to federal offices? Especially at the state level where there's been 1 elected as Senator since Reconstruction.

  7. #237
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,892

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    from your link



    note the plural, meaning more than one

    sorry folks, just because you want it to be harassment doesn't make it so.

    I am not saying it was right, just that it doesn't meet the requirements to be considered harassment.
    That's stretching it a bit as the plural results from grammar and no where in that quote does it say a person must wait for it to happen multiple times. I don't know why you it would have to be explained to you that telling a woman she has nice tits is not appropriate in the work place. It's unprofessional and just plain bad manners.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  8. #238
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    the article itself states no one knew what she was saying to him. perhaps this woman wants her day to be a star, who knows? doesn't change anything, 3 other women have accused him, and two received financial settlements. don't you think you should treat cain the same way republicans treated clinton?
    Clinton's accusers came forward and put their accusations on the table......with evidence. Ken Starr documented, in detail, Clinton's perverted behavior. Clinton paid off Paula Jones $850,000.

    We don't know squat about the other three so there is a very different set of facts.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  9. #239
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    Clinton's accusers came forward and put their accusations on the table......with evidence. Ken Starr documented, in detail, Clinton's perverted behavior. Clinton paid off Paula Jones $850,000.

    We don't know squat about the other three so there is a very different set of facts.
    Um, Paula Jones didn't make any accusations until three years after the alleged rape, when Clinton was already in the WH. She never reported the alleged rape to the police. She scored a big settlement and then cashed in by posing for Penthouse. Not quite the demure church lady she presented herself as in the lawsuit.
    Last edited by AdamT; 11-08-11 at 12:31 PM.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    so IOW, you are trying to use an example that doesn't apply to this situation to prove that Cain harassed her
    You're spinning yourself in circles now. I hope you don't get dizzy.

    To recap ...

    I posted the example from the definition of sexual harassment to show you are wrong in claiming sexual harassment must be pervasive. That example described rape as being a "severe" attack which constitutes sexual harassment.

    You responded by suggesting maybe she felt rape severe enough.

    you've been spinning in circles ever since...

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •