Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 425

Thread: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

  1. #111
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah...I'd feel so much better about their altruistic intentions if they hadn't asked for money to keep quiet.

    no way would innocent career women deserve any consideration for the disruption of their careers caused by an abusive boss seeking sexual favors
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #112
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Can't breech anything you are not a signatory to. Anyway, why should he have to prove his innocence against baseless charges? Is that how America works now?

    j-mac
    why do you say the charges are baseless?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #113
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no way would innocent career women deserve any consideration for the disruption of their careers caused by an abusive boss seeking sexual favors
    and if they agreed to keep their mouth shut in exchange for $$$...then they should keep their mouth shut. Otherwise take him to court instead of settling.

    lots of people make BS claims against companies and rich folks because they know they can force a settlement because it is cheaper to settle than to go to court. and the accuser can always find some sleazy lawyer to represent them for a piece of the pie.

    how many commercials have you seen where the lawyer states "we don't get paid unless you collect"?


    when I was teaching, there was a lady who got her daughter to accuse a teacher of "touching her" just so that she could sue the school system. school system settled and an innocent man's reputation was ruined.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-04-11 at 01:48 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #114
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and if they agreed to keep their mouth shut in exchange for $$$...then they should keep their mouth shut. Otherwise take him to court instead of settling.
    and so far, 12 years later, they have

    but has the other party to the events done so? nope. ole raisin is out there giving his self serving version of events knowing those women are bound to a confidentiality agreement he is quite possibly violating

    lots of people make BS claims against companies and rich folks because they know they can force a settlement because it is cheaper to settle than to go to court. and the accuser can always find some sleazy lawyer to represent them for a piece of the pie.

    how many commercials have you seen where the lawyer states "we don't get paid unless you collect"?
    and an innocent man, who wants to prove his innocence to an American electorate would welcome those women to join him on the public stage and express their own version of events
    but he will not do that. i suspect it is because he is both a perpetrator and a coward
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #115
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and so far, 12 years later, they have

    but has the other party to the events done so? nope. ole raisin is out there giving his self serving version of events knowing those women are bound to a confidentiality agreement he is quite possibly violating
    yeah...they probably should've considered that possibility BEFORE they took the hush money.

    and an innocent man, who wants to prove his innocence to an American electorate would welcome those women to join him on the public stage and express their own version of events
    and if they were lying then...what's to stop them from lying now?


    but he will not do that. i suspect it is because he is both a perpetrator and a coward
    you're just saying that because he is black
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post

    why do you say the charges are baseless?
    We'll possibly never know if the charges are baseless or not but the charges are pretty irrelevant to Cain's ability to be president and are likely to be the accusers' feeling uncomfortable with something Cain said and interpreted it as "sexual harassment", hoping for a big pay day. That may be the case for at least the ones after the first one who saw how the NRAEF handled such accusations.

    Cain's problem isn't the accusations -- it's the inept manner in whcih he's choosing to handle it. Had he just come forth from the very beginning, saying yes, there were a couple of accusations, the women accepted a year's severance to sign a confidentiality agreement, which was far cheaper than litigating -- I think that would have been that. But that his story keeps changing I think gives off the impression that he's not prepared and that he folds under pressure. I see his stock going down, not because of the accusations which may entirely be baseless, but because of the way he's handling it.

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but his expressed willingness not to pursue litigation against those who came forward to share their version of events would demonstrate his desire to have the truth emerge that he does not indicates otherwise

    Nonsense, We don't live in a country where someone can just make a charge, and it is up to that person charged to prove innocence.

    If the woman making the charge is confident that her charge has merit, then let her come forward, but if she defames, or slanders then that is her risk.

    Other than that it looks to be as Cain says without merit.

    seems odd that one's employer would be willing to pay the at least $80,000 that we now know about for actions that its employee did not commit. but again, end the cloak of confidentiality and allow the nation to see what happened for themselves.
    Not odd at all. In fact I'd wager that every day in this country there is a suit with a company where the legal dept decides that it is financially advantageous to settle rather than go through a protracted legal battle that cost a lot of money.

    release these women from their confidentiality agreements. only the guilty would oppose such a notion
    Sorry, you are turning that on its head. Just because someone makes a claim, doesn't mean that you are instantly guilty of anything. They must prove that claim, and a settlement doesn't mean squat either.

    Put it in terms like this, When Bush wanted warrantless wiretaps, I think I would be safe in saying that you were within the crowd that objected due to the fact that nothing had to be proven in order to get these wiretaps going, it could be instituted merely on a claim. What's different?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    We'll possibly never know if the charges are baseless or not but the charges are pretty irrelevant to Cain's ability to be president and are likely to be the accusers' feeling uncomfortable with something Cain said and interpreted it as "sexual harassment", hoping for a big pay day. That may be the case for at least the ones after the first one who saw how the NRAEF handled such accusations.

    Cain's problem isn't the accusations -- it's the inept manner in whcih he's choosing to handle it. Had he just come forth from the very beginning, saying yes, there were a couple of accusations, the women accepted a year's severance to sign a confidentiality agreement, which was far cheaper than litigating -- I think that would have been that. But that his story keeps changing I think gives off the impression that he's not prepared and that he folds under pressure. I see his stock going down, not because of the accusations which may entirely be baseless, but because of the way he's handling it.
    Ok, hold on to your hat here, and mark the day...I actually agree with some of what you are saying to a degree here. Cain's staff is horrible at this, and if he want's to continue in the top tier, he needs to get competent people around him.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    Ok, hold on to your hat here, and mark the day...I actually agree with some of what you are saying to a degree here. Cain's staff is horrible at this, and if he want's to continue in the top tier, he needs to get competent people around him.
    Umm, it's not just his staff. How many times has Cain changed his story??

    • "As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any sort of settlement."


    • "And yes, there was some sort of settlement of termination and I don't even know what the contents of that was."


    • "We ended up settling for what wopuld have been a termination settlement quite frankly ... maybe three months’ salary or something like that. I don’t remember. ..... It might have been two months."


    • "... was in the vicinity of 3 to 6 months of severance pay."


    And none of those were accurate ...

    Cain Accuser Got a Year’s Salary in Severance Pay

    Herman can't blame his staff for what comes out of his mouth.

  10. #120
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to tell her side of story

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Umm, it's not just his staff. How many times has Cain changed his story??

    • "As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any sort of settlement."


    • "And yes, there was some sort of settlement of termination and I don't even know what the contents of that was."


    • "We ended up settling for what wopuld have been a termination settlement quite frankly ... maybe three months’ salary or something like that. I don’t remember. ..... It might have been two months."


    • "... was in the vicinity of 3 to 6 months of severance pay."


    And none of those were accurate ...

    Cain Accuser Got a Year’s Salary in Severance Pay

    Herman can't blame his staff for what comes out of his mouth.
    Oh I think he can....See I think a polished candidate would have brushed it off, and basically said I have no comment on baseless issues like this, now can we move on to real issues? Instead his staff let him blather, and trip. In the end though it doesn't mean much.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •