Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

  1. #71
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She's bluffing.
    Just as I asked ED, you know this how?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #72
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She's bluffing.
    Why would she bluff? She won a $35,000 settlement. The NRA would not have paid that settlement if she had no case at all.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #73
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    I agree absolutely. Republicans should use this as a rallying cry to get behind Cain. Reject Romney....he is way too much of a moderate RINO for today's GOP. Cain is the only legitimate challenger in Romney's path and as true Republicans, you guys should do everything that you can to prevent Romney from getting the nomination. Cain much better represents the GOP values of today and hopefully these allegations will serve only to rally the Republican party behind Cain!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #74
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Why would she bluff? She won a $35,000 settlement. The NRA would not have paid that settlement if she had no case at all.
    That's not necessarily true and we all know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I agree absolutely. Republicans should use this as a rallying cry to get behind Cain. Reject Romney....he is way too much of a moderate RINO for today's GOP. Cain is the only legitimate challenger in Romney's path and as true Republicans, you guys should do everything that you can to prevent Romney from getting the nomination. Cain much better represents the GOP values of today and hopefully these allegations will serve only to rally the Republican party behind Cain!
    You're going to feel awful silly when Herman Cain spanks Obama's ass in the general election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's not necessarily true and we all know it.
    Agreed. But it doesn't mean he isn't guilty either. It also means there should be a record we could look at in order to help determine the truth.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #77
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Agreed. But it doesn't mean he isn't guilty either. It also means there should be a record we could look at in order to help determine the truth.
    We won't ever see it. The two women in question aren't going to agree to release all the information. And, if they do, I'm going to be that it's a piss poor case for sexual harassment. If had really been that big of a deal, she wouldn't have settled for 35 grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #78
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Why would she bluff? She won a $35,000 settlement. The NRA would not have paid that settlement if she had no case at all.
    Well, one hopes that they made a rational decisions about the costs of defending against her allegations vs the costs of buying her off.
    While that is related to the strength of her case, it's not necessarily an indication of the strength of her case. The NRA may have just had very expensive lawyers.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We won't ever see it. The two women in question aren't going to agree to release all the information. And, if they do, I'm going to be that it's a piss poor case for sexual harassment. If had really been that big of a deal, she wouldn't have settled for 35 grand.
    We'll see. But would you agree it's premature to jump to conclusions yet?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Supporting Cain, GOP base evokes Thomas hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Agreed. But it doesn't mean he isn't guilty either. It also means there should be a record we could look at in order to help determine the truth.
    Which means no one knows and there are no open records. So why is it even being discussed?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •