If you have evidence that "that Bush did the same thing ... times 10" then please post it. But I think it's safe to assume that this is just more Leftist hyperbole.
What indication is there that Barrack Obama, or any of his "Czars", knows how to pick winners in areas of investment? He has had no experience whatsoever and now you think he can spend millions of dollars deciding which company he should open the public wallet to? Was that one of his campaign promises? I would never trust this guys "bets" at all. He is a lying machine.My point is that it is a good thing for our government to foster new and important technologies, even if all of the bets don't pay off.
if you think something is "the wave of the future" you should invest in it. You certainly have as much experience as Barrack Obama and it won't cost the taxpayer a nickel.I applaud Bush for what he did. Fuel cells have come a long way and I think they may in fact be the way of the future. Hybrid vehicle sales have grown immensely over the last 10 years.
And which businesses are those?Businesses are generally short sighted.
Again, which business are you referring to?They often won't invest in new technology unless there is a pay off right around the corner.
The Presidency is for eight years max and BHO is already campaigning. If he is re-elected do you have any idea what the American debt might be? Has he ever hinted, after he became President, at presenting a budget or even balancing one? this is one time the Americans have to put their country first and their ideology last, otherwise you can kiss it all goodbye.Government can take a longer view.
Solyndra performed no services whatsoever for the government yet their management were paid $535,000,000. Chump change? I think there are a lot of Americans, in fact American communities, who wouldn't mind having this "chump change" in their pockets.
Solyndra Went on a Spending Spree After Getting Loan
And many people say it shows how the government shouldnt be in the business of giving these kinds of companies loans and that it shows they're incapable of making good calls on investments.
There's evidence of cronyism involved in the deal, and that's something that'll have to be looked into. But the governments job is to look out for the well being of the people, and everyone agrees that the country needs to ween itself off foreign oil, but things like this have less to do with proving green technology doesn't work well, rather it's about attacking the administration.
Private companies make bad calls too, the private sector isn't perfect and not every invesment it makes becomes a flourishing business that changes the world.
Investments in the private sector oftentimes especially in R&D only succeeds around 5% of the time which if its an amazing idea makes up for the other 95%.
The investment in Solyndra is ultimately embarresing, why because Obama went to the damn factory and called it a success... yeah that's a bit of egg in his face, but the money was a drop in the bucket for the entire program...
Last edited by Jetboogieman; 11-02-11 at 12:20 PM.
This isn't about Halliburton, The Iraq War, or any of that nonsense
Its about an Energy Company....
7 pages of derailment, you people should be ashamed of yourselves.