Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 629

Thread: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

  1. #561
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No one including myself said that you don't have the right to think for yourself. More like questioning if that is the case. There is a difference.



    And according to liberal talking points, one could easily conclude that your statement that closely follows along with liberal anti war talking points during the Bush administration would be exactly falling for BS. Your line that I addressed is nothing new and quite interchangeable with 7 years of those spewed by that crowd. True thinking on your own I would think, bring much more thoughtful retrospect, rather than one liners.



    That was one facet of the mission yes.



    That is a whole different thread, however, the short answer is that OBL was not the only objective for going in.



    Again, different thread, and one that has been beat to death. If you need to re hash yet again, there is a search option, I am sure that there are at least 500 threads discussing the subject.



    I am no fan of 'nation building' either, however, situations are never static.



    I can only thank you for your service, and say that the feeling you have about not being able to complete the job, and the disgust you obviously display about pulling troops from VN negating the cost of life of your fellow soldiers there, should not be reason to repeat that retreat.



    I see, so if others don't agree with you that is an attack? Only you have the right to your opinion? Is that how it works? No one demeaned you, that is a sign of insecurity on your part.



    Obviously, considering the body of your post above, I do, otherwise in your eyes I am doing something wrong by challenging your words. Your argument, and or opinion is not infallible just because you think you are right. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.



    When you make a post speaking from the enemies POV, speaking like you have some insight into what OBL, or any other enemy of this country was thinking, all for the sake of undermining the mission of the troops sent on our behalf to do a difficult job under fire every day while you moan from your easy chair then yes I will question your motive. Service record or not. See I served too. And had family in harms way in Iraq.

    j-mac
    The parts of your reply that I have bolded above are nothing more then a lame rhetorical effort on your part to silence anyone who would question the legitiamacy of our need to go to war,putting american fighting men and women into harms way for any reason not related to protecting our country against an enemy should not be supported by any american who loves his/her country.

    To support your point of view please tell me what the end goals were and what we accomplished that could not have been accomplished without committing America's fighting men and women to war. Some people just blindly follow because they do not have the knowledge and or the capacity to think for thier selves, some do it because they are just to lazy, some do it to achieve other then thier stated intent in other words they lie to achieve a goal and in doing so sacrifice the lives of those who defend the country with thier blood.

    The problem I have with you and those like you is that you are intelligent enough to know when you are being lead by your nose and are willing to not only defend any action taken by our governement but have the gall to rhetorically attack the character of any one who disagrees with you.

    I do not hate any one or any thing, I will not be silenced by your rhetorical talking points. I am a true American I will fight any enemy foreign or domestic to protect America for my children and grand children.

  2. #562
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    What brought the soviets down was Osama Bin Laden
    Seriously? What mosque do you go to?

  3. #563
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Seriously? What mosque do you go to?
    What religion or whether or not I practice any religion is none of your business, are you familiar with the Bill of Rights? Let me help you with the first amendment

    The 1st Amendment protects the people's right to practice religion

    • to speak freely
    •to assemble (meet)
    • to address the government (petition)
    •the press to publish (newspapers, tv, radio, Internet)

    If you need to refresh your knowledge you can go to

    PowerPoint Presentation - The Bill of Rights The First 10 Amendments to the Constitution

  4. #564
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,393

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    In case you have forgotten...Afghanistan milked the Russian empire of whatever treasure they had left...they were quagmired there for years and lost miserably and were weakened financially and militarily considerably...kinda like we are...only were not losing like they were...its just costing us alot more
    No, the Mujas--trained and funded by the United States and were never lead by UBL--along with the natural flaws of communism brought down the Soviet Union.

    At no time did UBL bring down the Soviets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #565
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    The parts of your reply that I have bolded above are nothing more then a lame rhetorical effort on your part to silence anyone who would question the legitiamacy of our need to go to war,putting american fighting men and women into harms way for any reason not related to protecting our country against an enemy should not be supported by any american who loves his/her country.

    To support your point of view please tell me what the end goals were and what we accomplished that could not have been accomplished without committing America's fighting men and women to war. Some people just blindly follow because they do not have the knowledge and or the capacity to think for thier selves, some do it because they are just to lazy, some do it to achieve other then thier stated intent in other words they lie to achieve a goal and in doing so sacrifice the lives of those who defend the country with thier blood.

    The problem I have with you and those like you is that you are intelligent enough to know when you are being lead by your nose and are willing to not only defend any action taken by our governement but have the gall to rhetorically attack the character of any one who disagrees with you.

    I do not hate any one or any thing, I will not be silenced by your rhetorical talking points. I am a true American I will fight any enemy foreign or domestic to protect America for my children and grand children.
    So, anyone that doesn't fall in line with what you believe are "enemies" in your own words. I am not here to change your mind, and I certainly hope that you don't think that through innuendo, and insult that you will change mine on the subject of wars that we have been involved in now for more than ten years. Anyhow, this thread is not in the slightest about Iraq, or Afghanistan, it is however about taxing one segment of this society more so than others out of sheer self indulgence of jealous greed, and it is IMHO, unjust. So what do you say we get back on topic before either of us ends up with dings.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #566
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, anyone that doesn't fall in line with what you believe are "enemies" in your own words. I am not here to change your mind, and I certainly hope that you don't think that through innuendo, and insult that you will change mine on the subject of wars that we have been involved in now for more than ten years. Anyhow, this thread is not in the slightest about Iraq, or Afghanistan, it is however about taxing one segment of this society more so than others out of sheer self indulgence of jealous greed, and it is IMHO, unjust. So what do you say we get back on topic before either of us ends up with dings.

    j-mac
    When you make a post speaking from the enemies POV
    ,

    Was that you above accusing me of supporting the enemies point of view?

    speaking like you have some insight into what OBL, or any other enemy of this country was thinking
    I did n't know What OBL was trying to accomplish when he brought down the twin towers but you did right?

    all for the sake of undermining the mission of the troops sent on our behalf to do a difficult job under fire every day while you moan from your easy chair then yes I will question your motive.
    The mission of any soldier is to carry out the orders of his commander having served I am sure you are aware of that, the mission of every US citizen is to ensure that our military is not used to settle private disputes or to be put in harms way without a clear objective, my motive is to up hold the oath I took when I enetered the service and that is to protect my country from any enemy domestic or foreign.

    Service record or not. See I served too. And had family in harms way in Iraq
    .

    Thank you and your family for serving OUR country. My time protecting what I think is the the best course of action for OUR country did not end with my discharge, I have a grandson I want to do what ever I can to make sure that he will only be put in harms way to protect America. By speaking out I use my first amendment rights to express my opinion based on the facts available and common sense

    Back to the thread at hand I think taxes should be raised across the board why? The poor will still not pay, the working poor will still not pay, those earning minimum wage will still not pay, in fact most of those not paying or paying very little will see no change in taxes. An across the board raise in taxes may actually help the poorest in our country by keeping existing programs for the poor intact

  7. #567
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    ,

    Was that you above accusing me of supporting the enemies point of view?



    I did n't know What OBL was trying to accomplish when he brought down the twin towers but you did right?



    The mission of any soldier is to carry out the orders of his commander having served I am sure you are aware of that, the mission of every US citizen is to ensure that our military is not used to settle private disputes or to be put in harms way without a clear objective, my motive is to up hold the oath I took when I enetered the service and that is to protect my country from any enemy domestic or foreign.

    .

    Thank you and your family for serving OUR country. My time protecting what I think is the the best course of action for OUR country did not end with my discharge, I have a grandson I want to do what ever I can to make sure that he will only be put in harms way to protect America. By speaking out I use my first amendment rights to express my opinion based on the facts available and common sense

    Back to the thread at hand I think taxes should be raised across the board why? The poor will still not pay, the working poor will still not pay, those earning minimum wage will still not pay, in fact most of those not paying or paying very little will see no change in taxes. An across the board raise in taxes may actually help the poorest in our country by keeping existing programs for the poor intact

    Flat or fair tax?

    J-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #568
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Flat or fair tax?

    J-mac
    I don't think a flat tax would work, I I like the fair tax concept but would have to see what items would be considered essential.

  9. #569
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,972
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    I don't think a flat tax would work, I I like the fair tax concept but would have to see what items would be considered essential.
    Food, shelter, and clothing.


    In my opinion, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  10. #570
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Essential items are the things purchased for the first 12k one spends (the poverty line) on retail items. Each person can decide that for themselves; each person gets a rebate for the retail sales tax on that amount, even if they buy nothing retail or do not even spend that amount total for the year. There is no tax on used items.

    So, when we speak of essential items in the fair tax, we speak of the first 12k spent on retail goods... not exactly essentials, as there is no property tax.



    ps. Never heard of the 1st Amendment;tl;dr

    And anyone who thinks OBL brought down the USSR is:
    a. Anti-war to the point of certifiable delusion.
    b. Crazy.
    c. Brainwashed.
    d. Muslim and c.
    e. d. and b.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 12-04-11 at 04:11 PM.

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •