Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 629

Thread: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

  1. #141
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're not spending money, because of the threats of higher taxes and more government regulations. When Obama is voted out, things will improve by default of his absence.
    So all through the last decade when the rich weren't spending money in this country, it was because they were afraid Obama was going to be president some day???

    That's some logic you got going for you there!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba;1059918647A 5% surtax on millionaire's as proposed by Senate Democrats would generate an additional $447 billion dollars.
    [URL="http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/10/05/WP-Senate-Dems-Propose-Millionaire-Surtax.aspx#page1"
    Senate Democrats Propose Millionaire Surtax[/URL]
    The problem is that this $447b is proposed revenue from 2012-2021. The spending is proposed 2012-2014. Until the revenue is collected we will have to borrow to enable the spending. And what if these revenues do not materialize?

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You don't consider $540 billion significant?
    No. That's just what Barrack Obama spent on one useless solar company. Why would you want to take money earned by other people in order that Barrack Obama, someone with no business experience whatsoever, can use it as venture capital to buy useless stock that the smart money won't touch?


    It took 30 years to accumulate our massive debt. $540 billion dollars x 30 years = $16.2 trillion dollars. And that's without the spending cuts that need to be made for the military industrial complex, and in health care costs.
    It's too late. That money is not going to make any difference now. It will just encourage more people to leave rather than see their money going down some federal sinkhole.
    By contrast, how much were the spending cuts by the GOP on public radio?
    It doesn't matter. You're still looking for fault rather than looking to the future. Lashing out, blaming this person or that, this partyor that. It's too late. It doesn't matter anymore.

    Who are you talking about suffering from eliminating some of the tax breaks for the rich?
    The rich don't have enough money to get the country out of this massive debt but even if they did, unless attitudes change, the US will just go back in debt again. They simply cannot carry their weight.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So all through the last decade when the rich weren't spending money in this country, it was because they were afraid Obama was going to be president some day???

    That's some logic you got going for you there!
    it's amazing that so many people are complaining that jobs are leaving America and yet you haven't even noticed, or don't know why.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you even know what your point is?
    Sure I do...to counter your arguments.

    EDIT: First, you claimed that the only way the fed generated revenue was through taxes from the private sector. I reminded you that there are other ways the government makes money, i.e., via the sell of bonds and other financial instuments.

    Second, you claimed government employees don't pay taxes. My own experience proves you wrong there.

    Third, you questioned whose tax policies where costing the country. I reminded you we're still under the Bush tax cut policies (as extended by Pres. Obama).

    And before you say it, I also corrected myself concerning Clinton raising taxes.

    So, yes, I know what my points were. Problem is, you'll continue to deny your claims.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 10-31-11 at 06:56 PM.

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So all through the last decade when the rich weren't spending money in this country, it was because they were afraid Obama was going to be president some day???

    That's some logic you got going for you there!
    Um, I don't know if you were sleeping for a few years, but do you remember the 5% unemployment rate for the better part of the decade?

    Somebody was spending money, because people were working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Sure I do...to counter your arguments.

    First, you claimed that the only way the fed generated revenue was through taxes. I reminded you that there are other ways the government makes money, i.e., via the sell of bonds and other financial instuments.
    Well, I never said that, but whatever.

    Second, you claimed government employees don't pay taxes. My own experience proves you wrong there.
    They don't. They simply give part of their salary back to their employer. Call what you want, but that's not, "tax revenue". That would be like me charging my employees a fee to work at my company and then calling it profit.

    Third, you questioned whose tax policies where costing the country. I reminded you we're still under the Bush tax cut policies (as extended by Pres. Obama).
    I never said that, either. But hey, spin it how you want, I reckon.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-31-11 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059920278]

    No. That's just what Barrack Obama spent on one useless solar company. Why would you want to take money earned by other people in order that Barrack Obama, someone with no business experience whatsoever, can use it as venture capital to buy useless stock that the smart money won't touch?
    NOT QUITE, the Solyndra loan was $535 MILLION...not billion

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post

    NOT QUITE, the Solyndra loan was $535 MILLION...not billion
    That makes it ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: ABC's "20/20 - Lessons from Billionaires: Tax ME to create jobs IN AMERICA!"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That makes it ok?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT! But I believe it to be disingenuous to compare $535m to $547b making invalid points and detracting from the essence of the debate.

Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •