Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 141

Thread: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

  1. #61
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yes. Nothing ignorant about the use of rubber bullets. I have a good idea you don't have a damned clue what they are, how they are used, how one is trained to used them.
    Such "kinetic impact munitions" are meant to cause pain but not serious injury. They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas.[6] However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of 90 patients in Northern Ireland, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets.[7]
    That right there is all I need to know. 17 permanent injuries and one death for a supposedly nonlethal method.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    That right there is all I need to know. 17 permanent injuries and one death for a supposedly nonlethal method.
    So... those statistics tell you the training and methods of deployment that folks are trained to use?

    Wow... statistics tell you everything don't they?
    Amazing!












    Not.

    Hell, its not even the same country, no freaking way they are trained the same as we are.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #63
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So... those statistics tell you the training and methods of deployment that folks are trained to use?

    Wow... statistics tell you everything don't they?
    Amazing!












    Not.

    Hell, its not even the same country, no freaking way they are trained the same as we are.
    Statistics are often a far better tool than anecdotal evidence.

    Sorry if you don't like data that doesn't support your view.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Statistics are often a far better tool than anecdotal evidence.

    Sorry if you don't like data that doesn't support your view.
    It doesn't support anything.

    If the statistics cannot be compared because the training and deployment methods of the statistical sample are unknown when trying to use them in comparison to the standards used by the Oakland PD than your statistical sample means N O T H I N G.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #65
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It doesn't support anything.

    If the statistics cannot be compared because the training and deployment methods of the statistical sample are unknown when trying to use them in comparison to the standards used by the Oakland PD than your statistical sample means N O T H I N G.
    I disagree, the fact is that this method has been shown to be harmful and to a degree that it is over and above any danger that the police were facing and thats all there is to it.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/marin...-zones-2011-10
    Last edited by tacomancer; 10-30-11 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I disagree, the fact is that this method has been shown to be harmful and to a degree that it is over and above any danger that the police were facing and thats all there is to it.

    Marine Says Oakland Used Crowd Control Methods That Are Prohibited In War Zones
    So, you know the extent of the danger the police were facing?

    Wow, know it all wizard you are!


    You are starting to look desperate using things like "that is all there is to it"

    and making HUGE leaps of logic like KNOWING what the police were facing without having been there.

    Just because they were wearing protective gear... its okay to throw **** at them... Cool.

    Next time I see a citizen riding his bicycle with helmet and elbow/knee pads. I'll make sure I throw something at him just because I can
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #67
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, you know the extent of the danger the police were facing?

    Wow, know it all wizard you are!


    You are starting to look desperate using things like "that is all there is to it"

    and making HUGE leaps of logic like KNOWING what the police were facing without having been there.

    Just because they were wearing protective gear... its okay to throw **** at them... Cool.

    Next time I see a citizen riding his bicycle with helmet and elbow/knee pads. I'll make sure I throw something at him just because I can
    Heh, you say I look desperate and then go back to using logic that I already told you was wrong and not my motivation.

    As far as my "thats all there is to it" thats pretty much how I see it. You are bringing in things that I do not consider relevant.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 10-30-11 at 08:59 AM.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    I find your link interesting.....

    This "Marine" that your link quoted, had wrong information... I wonder where he got it from....

    How did a cop who is supposed to have training on his weapon system accidentally SHOOT someone in the head with a 40mm gas canister? Simple. He was aiming at him.
    From the video linked on the main Oakland thread that has a great view, you can clearly see he is NOT directly shot with anything.......
    Before gas goes into a crowd shield bearers have to be making no progress moving a crowd or crowd must be assaulting the line. Not with sticks and stones but a no bull**** assault.
    Throwing firecrackers on police could cause their clothing to catch fire, fire is deadly....... Also, I wouldn't say that they were making ANY progress with the crowd from the videos I have seen.... What makes this marine think they were?
    He sent that round out with the intention of doing some serious damage to the protestors.
    Considering the guy wasn't hit with a grenade, this is also false.... Where does this jackass get his information? Probably from the folks who solicited him to speak.


    And While I disagree with the act of throwing a percussion grenade into the group that was surrounding the wounded man..... That doesn't make this incorrect statement somehow turn correct...

    Second, the officer threw a flash-bang directly into a group of people trying to carry him away for medical treatment. Here's the Military guidance on that decision:
    Umm... At the time the percussion grenade was thrown, there was nobody lifting the man off of the ground, therefore, there was ABSOLUTELY no way of determining this group's intent of tending to the wounded man, or just gathering around him screaming OMG ****ING PIGGGGGGGZ.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Heh, you say I look desperate and then go back to using logic that I already told you was wrong and not my motivation.

    As far as my "thats all there is to it" thats pretty much how I see it. You are bringing in things that I do not consider relevant.
    So.. how do you KNOW what the police were facing?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #70
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So.. how do you KNOW what the police were facing?
    There are multiple videos and articles on the subject.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •