Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 141

Thread: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

  1. #41
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    When cops are getting paid to silence average citizenry (and even war veterans) with blood on the pavement, then ya... someone, somewhere is exploiting something alright.
    Did you miss the part where the group was attempting to storm the Capitol which is illegal? The police aren't trying to silence people - they're are trying to keep order. That's their job.


  2. #42
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    When cops are getting paid to silence average citizenry (and even war veterans) with blood on the pavement, then ya... someone, somewhere is exploiting something alright.
    This is why the libertarian movement never gets off the ground.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #43
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America) IAVA STATEMENT ON SCOTT OLSEN INCIDENT

    “Iraq and Afghanistan veterans come from varied backgrounds and represent diverse opinions. The strength of the new veterans community lies in our shared commitment to country, and veterans, like all Americans, should actively participate in the ongoing conversation about America’s future. And their safety is of paramount concern," said IAVA Founder and Executive Director Paul Rieckhoff.

    "The injury of any veteran is a serious concern to the broader veterans community—especially when it happens on American soil. Scott Olsen and his family are in our thoughts and prayers, and we hope for his speedy recovery. We expect to see a full and complete investigation into the circumstances of this incident. It’s what Scott, and all Americans, deserve.”

    IAVA Statement on Scott Olsen Incident | Iraq Veterans Against the War
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #44
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,106

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    And there is the face of the right wing movement. Comparing a sit-in with a war zone, primed to kill at the drop of a hat.
    You need to take that up with Megaprogman - since HE is the one who made that comparison, claiming that the response in Iraq would have been less violent than the response of the cops.




    woops, I'm sorry, did I just ruin your smear?

  5. #45
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,106

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Amazing how the OWS folks keep needing tear gas, rubber bullets and the like. Funny how that works out.
    I'm trying to think back to all the times those "Angry, Violent" tea party protests rioted and had to be driven back with tear gas and rubber bullets......

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm trying to think back to all the times those "Angry, Violent" tea party protests rioted and had to be driven back with tear gas and rubber bullets......
    LOL " I don't pay taxes "


  7. #47
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,106

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    I must have missed the part where he charged a police line, throwing rocks and explosives? and then the blogger was a friggin idiot at playing the race card. seriously, pbrauer is better than that.

    actually, this guy was pretty much on point. it's not his money - its his grandkids money. and the blogger was indeed an idiot.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I must have missed the part where he charged a police line, throwing rocks and explosives? and then the blogger was a friggin idiot at playing the race card. seriously, pbrauer is better than that.

    actually, this guy was pretty much on point. it's not his money - its his grandkids money. and the blogger was indeed an idiot.
    Hilarious.....Tax Enough Already people not paying taxes

    Wanna see the video where they beat up a disabled guy?

  9. #49
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,106

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hilarious.....Tax Enough Already people not paying taxes
    and one day, when I'm retired, I shall live off my Roth and pay no taxes as well. this guy is a retired vet. i thought this whole thread was undergirded with the assumption about about how having a veteran in a movement somehow gave it legitimacy?

    and isn't it interesting that you find the notion that someone should be concerned for the wellbeing of their grandchildren laughable...

  10. #50
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Injured Iraq veteran is face of Occupy movement

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    and one day, when I'm retired, I shall live off my Roth and pay no taxes as well. this guy is a retired vet. i thought this whole thread was undergirded with the assumption about about how having a veteran in a movement somehow gave it legitimacy?

    and isn't it interesting that you find the notion that someone should be concerned for the wellbeing of their grandchildren laughable...
    That would be your false assumption. The OWS movement has its own legitimacy with or without this guy, but a face will galvanize people like that neda person did in Iran.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •