Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommittee’

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess that's why the Dems won so big in the midterms. Oh, wait...
    Fox News Poll conducted by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). Oct. 23-25, 2011. N=904 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 3. 2010 & earlier: Conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corp. LV = likely voters. Except where noted, results below are among registered voters.
    .
    "Do you approve or disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing?"
    .
    Approve Disapprove
    Unsure
    % % %
    10/23-25/11 22 69 9
    4/3-5/11 35 58 7
    .
    5/4-5/10 31 57 12
    10/27-28/09 29 59 12
    4/22-23/09 36 52 12
    2/17-18/09 34 56 10
    6/26-27/07 30 56 14
    10/24-25/06 LV
    34 55 11
    9/26-27/06 LV
    34 55 11
    5/2-3/06 35 53 12
    4/4-5/06 29 53 18
    2/28 - 3/1/06 34 53 13
    1/10-11/06 37 49 14
    11/8-9/05
    34 50 16


    The approval rating for Republ

    http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm
    Rhe approval record for Republicans in Congress have been steadily going down. I wonder how this will affect the up coming elections.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Fox News Poll conducted by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). Oct. 23-25, 2011. N=904 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 3. 2010 & earlier: Conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corp. LV = likely voters. Except where noted, results below are among registered voters.
    .
    "Do you approve or disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing?"
    .
    Approve Disapprove
    Unsure
    % % %
    10/23-25/11 22 69 9
    4/3-5/11 35 58 7
    .
    5/4-5/10 31 57 12
    10/27-28/09 29 59 12
    4/22-23/09 36 52 12
    2/17-18/09 34 56 10
    6/26-27/07 30 56 14
    10/24-25/06 LV
    34 55 11
    9/26-27/06 LV
    34 55 11
    5/2-3/06 35 53 12
    4/4-5/06 29 53 18
    2/28 - 3/1/06 34 53 13
    1/10-11/06 37 49 14
    11/8-9/05
    34 50 16


    The approval rating for Republ

    Congress: Republicans
    Rhe approval record for Republicans in Congress have been steadily going down. I wonder how this will affect the up coming elections.
    The only reason Republican could bad numbers, now, is because they're not working hard enough to stop the silly **** the Dems are pulling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only reason Republican could bad numbers, now, is because they're not working hard enough to stop the silly **** the Dems are pulling.
    If you say so but recent events and polling seem to indicate otherwise.

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If you say so but recent events and polling seem to indicate otherwise.
    The only poll that counts, was last fall and we see how that turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Student Whoppletraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-25-13 @ 04:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    264

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    any real budget solution is going to include both spending cuts and tax increases. it's as simple as that.
    So if the government can't get it's s**t together and screws everything up then it should rob the people to pay for it? Collecting more revenue just enables the government to spend more and take us deeper into this economic s**thole.

    We don't need taxes we need major spending cuts.
    Last edited by Whoppletraps; 10-29-11 at 03:51 AM.
    A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul

  6. #26
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    I've been hearing a lot lately about how if we imposed a 100% income tax on the top 1% (a ridiculous idea), it would only raise 1.4 trillion, enough fund the government for 5 months. Well, if you cut 100% of our welfare spending (an equally ridiculous idea) you get about 2/3rds of that number. We have a deficit problem that goes far beyond spending issues. Tax reform is going to have to be part of the solution.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  7. #27
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only reason Republican could bad numbers, now, is because they're not working hard enough to stop the silly **** the Dems are pulling.
    ROFLMAOooooooooooo......uhhh NO....their numbers are bad because america sees who the republicans are protecting at the expense of everyone else....its the GOP that has this country at a standstill...

  8. #28
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    any real budget solution is going to include both spending cuts and tax increases. it's as simple as that.
    and the tax increases will be effective ones, not nominal ones. everyone up there knows this - Democrats are just playing to their base.

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Boehner rejects Democrats’ $3 trillion deficit reduction proposal to ‘supercommit

    Most of you have no real understanding of the economy. And that includes basically everyone here saying that cuts are the answer.

    If we went with cuts, contrary to your asinine baseless beliefs, we WILL see another recession. The US is growing at barely 1%. You start reducing aggregate demand and the associated spending multipliers that stem from it and we are likely to see another recession. Growth is a partial reason why tax revenues are keeping the deficit from getting bigger. You inflict an artificial recession and the deficit will expand especially as automatic stabilizers kick in as unemployment rises. Revenues will fall and outflows will increase resulting in a bigger debt problem. You say you want to fix the economy, but your solution makes it far worse. Monetary policy right now is at one of the all time lows, removing that as a primer to the pump. And before Cpwill posts that twice refuted bull**** study again about how cuts actually fix the economy, his article ignores all impacts other than fiscal policy which effectively argues that economic data exists in isolated boxes which is patently retarded.

    As much as you complain about high taxes, the US actually has one of the lower effective marginal rates in the Industrial World. Furthermore, Corporate tax rates, effective are lower than many places in Europe. If you don't know what effective verse statutory rates are, don't reply because I'm going to be a total asshole to you if you screw it up.

    Considering how the rest of the world is still lending to the US at abnormally low rates DESPITE a ratings cut, the debt isn't an immediate issue. The lackluster growth is. No one ever grew their business by destroying it. That said, any spending MUST be targeted in growth areas.

    You people are demanding a recession as the cure to a deficit problem. That is completely idiotic.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Any proposal with more spending will be rejected as it should.
    In a budget wher 40% of spending is with borrowed money, increased taxes do not mean increased spending. If you're refering to the "baseline" projections as a growth in spending, that is a fair point, as it should be indexed to inflation, but otherwise remain constant. Are you with the GOP candikdates who have stated that they would refuse a 10:1 cut:tax ratio in a hypothetical plan?
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •