Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is only moving in the right direction if you believe, and latch on to the first numbers put out there. We have seen over this term, the Obama administration releasing good numbers only to have them revised later to damn near nothing. Some would even begin to say that these numbers are a lie.

    j-mac
    and that 'some' would include you, i'm sure....so tell me j, do you hate obama so much that you want the economy to tank, just so you can get a republican in the white house? would you really see your fellow Americans struggle for longer than necessary, just to get someone of your liking into office?

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    me thinks you don't understand what a personal insult is.....
    Help me to understand.

  3. #63
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When it is an actual Jobs plan without payoffs to unions and other friendly donors, and looks out for the bulk of the American people then I am sure you would see something different than the scam Obama is trying to pass off as something new...Hell, he can't even get away from using the same language as he did with the first stimulus that failed.

    j-mac
    The first stimulus was a success, but too small to generate momentum. This second round might have put us over the top ... but is still probably too small.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #64
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and that 'some' would include you, i'm sure....so tell me j, do you hate obama so much that you want the economy to tank, just so you can get a republican in the white house? would you really see your fellow Americans struggle for longer than necessary, just to get someone of your liking into office?

    Who said anything close to that? You know, Strawman arguments only serve to show that you really don't believe in the argument you are promoting here.

    I tell ya, I don't like at all seeing the struggle that people are going through, and in my own household am feeling the effects of this as well. My wife has not worked in here field of career for three years.

    Regardless of playing the blame game, we have to look at the trends, an numbers, and patterns that have shown the record of this administration over the term, and so far it has all been excuse after excuse, and finger pointing like what you provided in your post.

    No, I don't want this country to fail for a political gain, but it is what it is.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The first stimulus was a success, but too small to generate momentum. This second round might have put us over the top ... but is still probably too small.
    You really consider a rise in unemployment, and a stagnant economy a success? Well, as long as pet projects, and big donors get paid off right?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,010

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Thank your for your permission... OH, Lord of the forum...I will work on my sensitivity...just as a reminder, you started the one-liners...please don't hurt me...Lord of the forum.
    If that is your idea of a reasonable substitute for actual presentation evidence in debate, you need much much more than my permission or working on your sensitivity. You badly need education. I would urge you to look at a local community college debate class where you will learn the wonders of building an evidence file and its uses to bolster your case.

    You may want to begin with your comment about government debt and Greece in which you presented no evidence of any kind. That is what started this exchange back in post 26

    from myself - haymarket
    The major problem facing the nation today is not the level of debt but the stagnation of the economy and the problems that are associated with it like unemployment, under employment, the decline of the middle class, the disparity in wealth and its increasing divide, and other things all which spell very bad things for a democratic republic.


    and your response introducing Greece to the discussion

    Wonder if Greece (etal) feel the same?.
    In no way, shape or form did you ever take ever so much as a one inch baby step to offer any evidence for this inclusion of a foreign nation into a discussion about American policies. You may as well said

    I wonder if Nigeria feels the same.... or
    I wonder if Greenland feels the same... or
    I wonder if Narnia feels the same.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-28-11 at 02:47 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You badly need education. I would urge you to look at a local community college debate class where you will learn the wonders of building an evidence file and its uses to bolster your case.
    AGAIN, thank you oh Lord of the Forum...your continued condescension is so helpful.

  8. #68
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You really consider a rise in unemployment, and a stagnant economy a success? Well, as long as pet projects, and big donors get paid off right?

    j-mac
    Stagnant is better than freefall.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #69
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Stagnant is better than freefall.
    At least freefall has a bottom, where rebuilding can take place....This putting off the tough medicine is only going to result in more pain...

    Let it bottom, and we can rise for real instead of this fake propaganda being lapped up by the masses.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Economy expanded at fastest pace in a year as summer waned

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If that is your idea of a reasonable substitute for actual presentation evidence in debate, you need much much more than my permission or working on your sensitivity. You badly need education. I would urge you to look at a local community college debate class where you will learn the wonders of building an evidence file and its uses to bolster your case.
    I’m done with the pissin match.

    You may want to begin with your comment about government debt and Greece in which you presented no evidence of any kind. That is what started this exchange back in post 26
    I was merely responding to your post (as you stated succinctly above):

    from myself – haymarket
    The major problem facing the nation today is not the level of debt but the stagnation of the economy and the problems that are associated with it like unemployment, under employment, the decline of the middle class, the disparity in wealth and its increasing divide, and other things all which spell very bad things for a democratic republic.
    For which you provided no evidence. I felt that since you began this debate thusly I needed no validation for my post.

    In no way, shape or form did you ever take ever so much as a one inch baby step to offer any evidence for this inclusion of a foreign nation into a discussion about American policies.
    But again, neither did you for you opinion.
    Last edited by Dickieboy; 10-30-11 at 11:39 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •