Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 148

Thread: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How much evidence is there of gun-totin', racist Tea Partiers compared to evidence of drug feinin' OWS'ers? Be honest, now!
    You know, the "my protest movement was better than your protest movement" argument has gotten old. Fact of the matter is both sides have valid reasons for protesting.

    I agree with the Tea Party movement in that the government has gotten way out of control with their spending, but I disagree with their position that this President is solely to blame for it.

    I agree with the Occupy movement that wealthy individuals have for far too long gotten too involved with our national politics and have too much influence, and as such their influence has begun to drown out the voice of the People.

    Both sides have valid positions.

    Both sides have questionable activists among them.

    Both sides have activists who have attempted to hijack each respective movement.

    Anyone who sees either movement in absolute "can't do no wrong" terms is just fooling themselves.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 10-24-11 at 10:41 PM.

  2. #82
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    And thus, my point is made. Sadly.

    I think the statistics would actually show him to be correct - even though from a political stand point both party's are to blame.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #83
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,614
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I think the statistics would actually show him to be correct - even though from a political stand point both party's are to blame.
    From where I stand, both parties are corrupted by deaf and blind hyper-partisian ****tards whose brains would explode if they even attempted to spark an objective, rational thought.

  4. #84
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    From where I stand, both parties are corrupted by deaf and blind hyper-partisian ****tards whose brains would explode if they even attempted to spark an objective, rational thought.
    I would agree. My only point is, and of course I do not have the statistic to back this up, and not just the Carol Ann Burger and James Blanning sorta stuff either During the Health Care debate, there were many low profile stories which turned out to be false. The Colorado break in of the Dem Office blamed on the GOP by Pat Waak (11 windows smashed), another Democrats office was burglarized (can't remember which one right now) and it turned out to be one of his former employees - but it was initially blamed on Republicans. I'm not saying it doesn't happen - sure it does. I'm just saying it seems to me (and I could be wrong) that when it does happen it's more likely to be a person's who's ideology is further left than center. I totally admit that may be my partisan view of it.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Maybe someone overfilled their bong and it exploded when someone tried to milk the sh!t out of it. It's easy to mistake bong water for a toxic chemical...

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    You know, the "my protest movement was better than your protest movement" argument has gotten old. Fact of the matter is both sides have valid reasons for protesting.

    I agree with the Tea Party movement in that the government has gotten way out of control with their spending, but I disagree with their position that this President is solely to blame for it.

    I agree with the Occupy movement that wealthy individuals have for far too long gotten too involved with our national politics and have too much influence, and as such their influence has begun to drown out the voice of the People.

    Both sides have valid positions.

    Both sides have questionable activists among them.

    Both sides have activists who have attempted to hijack each respective movement.

    Anyone who sees either movement in absolute "can't do no wrong" terms is just fooling themselves.
    Yeah, I imagine it has. Espeicially since your movement was proven to be crap by, um, yourself.

    Wanna talk about all those TP'ers that were arrested, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    And thus, my point is made. Sadly.

    Your point would be made, were I mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    I think we're all missing the point

    Pb apparently knows who perpetrated the act. He should really contact the police and let them know or he's simply helping out a terrorist. I mean, he MUST know who did it, otherwise why would someone say such a ****ing retarded statement trying to do nothing but dispicable partisanship blaming a terrorist act on an entire political ideology based on zero factual information?

    Please Pb, turn the individual into the cops. Its the only right thing to do since you have such a plethora of information on the situation.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    how do you know it was anyone from the right wing?

    File that under DUH...

  10. #90
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

    I agree with the Occupy movement that wealthy individuals have for far too long gotten too involved with our national politics and have too much influence, and as such their influence has begun to drown out the voice of the People.
    When you have apposing voices lets listen to the voice that produces wealth for our country and ignore the voice that is a little slurred by drugs and lack of sleep, who is wanting us to give them more drugs and not wake them up so early.


    Both sides have questionable activists among them.
    What would that be from the TEA Party people?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •