Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    "freely trading" inherently includes the right of one party NOT to "trade" with another... so you are incorrect, a real libertarian would not support what your narrow understanding provides for.


    having held security clearances for most of my adult life, including top secret, I can attest to abuses of classifications... and in the same breath, I can attest to the importance of having and keeping classified information.
    in the idiot world of wikileaks,and their ardent supporters, my perspective will not be understood... as you have shown us.

  2. #42
    Advisor BamaBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    510
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The guy who stole the information, I hope he never steps free again. What he did was inexcusable in any way. When I joined the service, and when I got my clearance, giving my word meant something to me. He apparently had no honor.
    exactly.... What the guy who stole the info did was straight up treason. Honor is something that is sorely missing in our society today.

  3. #43
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

    having held security clearances for most of my adult life, including top secret, I can attest to abuses of classifications... and in the same breath, I can attest to the importance of having and keeping classified information.
    Me too. And though I left the service I still believe in the importance of security. Compartmentalization of information is important. There are many facts that civilians do not "need to know."
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Seriously, it can't be that expensive to spoof multiple servers so that highly confidential information that can get people fired, arrested, or murdered can be stored on servers thousands of miles away without anyone being able to track down the sender.
    Can we get our stories straight here. You say this is how they got their info while others say they get it leaked from the inside.

    Yes because, as we all know, video of troops firing on unarmed civilians evacuating wounded reporters and oil companies literally controlling African governments while its kids are swimming in petroleum is nowhere near as significant as some diplomat talking about the Italian president's wild parties.
    They've released video's of kids swimming in oil? I'm interested, have a link?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Apparently a ton of stuff you don't know because the mainstream media isn't spoon feeding it to you.
    Please, enlighten me then.

  6. #46
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I think wiki has nothing and is using this as an excuse for it. It doesn't cost anything to release information.

    If they actually had anything worth a darn sure someone might try and shut them down but if they had it they would have released it by now. Gossip is about all they had.
    Wikileaks' 10 greatest stories - Telegraph


    Without them, likely none of this would have come to light, at least not in THIS, or the next couple of decades. It takes the freedom of information act about....30 years, typically, to release classified information.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #47
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    It's a murky line between what we, the people, have a right to know, what we probably shouldn't know. It's always going to be a problem. But I'll say this about it. I am ashamed of some of you, who supposedly served, and thus blindly followed orders to "not tell anyone". The oath you swore was my, our, constitution. You swore to bare true faith and allegiance to it, and as such, are no less bound to it's laws as the rest of us. Think about that for a minute, then look back over some of the **** that has come to light due to people you hope rot in jail. Courage is more than the ability to run into battle with a gun, it's the ability to be true to oneself in the face of danger and opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #48
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,623
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It's a murky line between what we, the people, have a right to know, what we probably shouldn't know. It's always going to be a problem. But I'll say this about it. I am ashamed of some of you, who supposedly served, and thus blindly followed orders to "not tell anyone". The oath you swore was my, our, constitution. You swore to bare true faith and allegiance to it, and as such, are no less bound to it's laws as the rest of us. Think about that for a minute, then look back over some of the **** that has come to light due to people you hope rot in jail. Courage is more than the ability to run into battle with a gun, it's the ability to be true to oneself in the face of danger and opposition.
    The treasonous little weasle that copied down the entire harddrive of classified information for Wikileaks had no clue what was on it, what informants might be put at risk, which collaborators might be murdered as a result, which villages might be destroyed for helping NATO troops. The prickhead didn't care. That's not courage. That's a case of "the military didn't give me what I wanted, so I'll **** them up, hahaha".

    Believe me, it never crossed his mind that he would be caught, let alone imprisoned. When he was found out, the cowardly rat probably peed his pants... not because he realized how damned many innocent civilian lives he put at risk, but because he finally realized that he had actually put himself at risk. I hope he never sees the light of day again.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Wikileaks' 10 greatest stories - Telegraph


    Without them, likely none of this would have come to light, at least not in THIS, or the next couple of decades. It takes the freedom of information act about....30 years, typically, to release classified information.
    Iraq Apache helicopter attack

    Friendly fire happens in a war zone. Yeah, no kidding.

    Human rights groups were concerned to discover that according to official guidelines, prisoners could be denied access to the Red Cross for up to four weeks. It also showed that inmates could earn "special rewards" for good behaviour and cooperation - and that one such "reward" was a roll of toilet paper.

    I'm not exactly shocked nor upset.

    Scientology

    On no, an exposure of Scientology.

    Climate Research Unit emails

    This could have been and would have been posted with or without wiki.

    Australian internet blacklist

    I imagine this is important to Aussie's but it's nowhere near the type of things wiki said they were going to release.

    Trafigura's Minton Report

    As noted the Telegraph had this information. The Telegraph being the far more influential source.

    BNP membership



    Sarah Palin's email account

    Again, oh no, what would we do without these?

    9/11 pager data

    XoXOXo Love you.

    Sorry, they said they had all these incredible secrets concerning investment bankers and other claims. The arguement was over risked lives and jobs. We got nothing of the sort. Pffft, Assange turned out to be nothing more than a publicity whore.

  10. #50
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: WikiLeaks Suspends Operations, May Have To Close

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Can we get our stories straight here. You say this is how they got their info while others say they get it leaked from the inside.
    I am saying that to conceal who is leaking information they need to employ these tactics and that kind of concealment is not cheap.

    They've released video's of kids swimming in oil? I'm interested, have a link?
    I wasn't saying there was a video of that, just the first thing I mentioned. However, Nigerian kids swimming in oil was one of the revelations:

    BBC News - Anger as Wikileaks releases all US cables unredacted
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •