Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 85 of 85

Thread: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

  1. #81
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to another View Post
    that's a good one Joe...I a true working class truck driver, non union, have disdain for 'working people'.....heh, heh....What a joke....Get back on topic will you?
    Many or most right wing non-union types have a disdain for the 'working people'... because they are a) anti-union, and b) pro-rich.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to another View Post
    Do you denounce what the two union hacks did [...]
    Even the union involved has fairly well denounced the loop hole involved in this issue. Any particular reason that you didn't read the link in your own OP?

    A spokesman for the Illinois Federation of Teachers emphasized that the lobbyists' actions were legal and that they made "individual decisions." Even so, union President Dan Montgomery said the deal Preckwinkle and Piccioli landed "should never be allowed again."

    Illinois pension system: 2 teachers union lobbyists used loophole for fat pensions - Chicago Tribune

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059900018
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to another View Post
    [...] and how much of that graft do you think exists in unions today?
    Graft is relative in the (lack of) context you have employed above, and you have yet to provide a cogent argument that it is present in this case; nonetheless, how much do you graft do you think exists in corporate boardrooms and the government?

    graft

    noun

    1. the acquisition of money, gain, or advantage by dishonest, unfair, or illegal means, especially through the abuse of one's position or influence in politics, business, etc.

    graft. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. Graft | Define Graft at Dictionary.com (accessed: November 01, 2011).

  2. #82
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to Karl View Post
    Well considering that an entire conversation was going on and you focused on a part of that which I am trying to steer back to the original topic, no strawman exists, and reading comprehension is in order on your part, but I think that the real highlight here is in your use of the strawman accusation, one has to wonder if you are yourself a product of the public schools systems, and that would be strong guess considering your lack of understanding of what exactly a strawman argument is. [...]

  3. #83
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to another View Post
    Is it against my interest to want to see a healthy economy? [...]
    If you subscribe to the Tea Party/GOP extremist agenda (Obama must be made to fail), then yes, absolutely.

    There are people that cheer every time the stock market goes down. They want Obama to fail. At all costs. They are not Democrats. Nor liberals.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac, replying to another View Post
    Is it against my interest to want to see a healthy economy? [...]
    If you subscribe to the Tea Party/GOP extremist agenda (Obama must be made to fail), then yes, absolutely.

    There are people that cheer every time the stock market goes down, or unemployment goes up. They want Obama to fail. At all costs. Most likely they are Fox News and/or Rush Limbaugh fans. Or Mitch McConnell. Or Jim DeMint.
    Last edited by Karl; 11-02-11 at 12:12 AM.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1059922963]
    uh geeze! You are exhausting Joe. Look, you and I will probably never fully agree on much, but I find it amusing for a time to banter back and forth with you, however when you start just dismissing everything you don't want to debate by simply calling it partisan, then I think we are done here.

    Good day.

    j-mac
    J, I only call the partisan partisan. It is laziness to try and fight stereotypes and misinformation, passing of fixed ideaology as thought or issues. I'll discuss any ISSUE you have. But I expect you to debate me and not the misguided stereotype in your head.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •