Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85

Thread: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

  1. #71
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As pointed out, that which I said you wouldn't likely care about, the study that was cherry picked was the one YOU support. You're the one who makes excessive excuses for anything that doesn't affirm your beliefs. Link after link has been provided, to which you look for something insignificant to try and dismiss it over.

    And when we divert, together, from the original post, you can't be honest and pretend we didn't. Nor can you blame unions for every problem under the sun. That is whay we're left to conclude that it is really teachers and not unions, working people and not unions that is really at the core of the distain. This can be said because the complaint is always about things unions don't have any control over.
    that's a good one Joe...I a true working class truck driver, non union, have disdain for 'working people'.....heh, heh....What a joke....Get back on topic will you?

    Do you denounce what the two union hacks did, and how much of that graft do you think exists in unions today?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #72
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well, speaking of strawmen, just wanted to highlight that as a classic example.
    Well considering that an entire conversation was going on and you focused on a part of that which I am trying to steer back to the original topic, no strawman exists, and reading comprehension is in order on your part, but I think that the real highlight here is in your use of the strawman accusation, one has to wonder if you are yourself a product of the public schools systems, and that would be strong guess considering your lack of understanding of what exactly a strawman argument is.

    Bottom line, a rational analysis would be that scholastic issues in general are representative of societal issues in general, such as the breakdown in the family unit over the past several decades.
    Yes, please do tell us which political ideology laid the foundation that the father was not needed in the household.....

    Troubled kids from meager income single-parent homes is hardly a recipe for scholastic success.
    Neither are popular Charters in DC that were showing remarkable success, and the letting go of the successful School board President, in favor of a lib hack while they destroyed the system in DC as a payoff to the unions...Yeah, that helps the kids....

    A re-segregation, which I suspect is the main reason the right are such charter school fans, is hardly the solution to that issue.
    Great, so now people that want a better education system, but disagree with progressives race to the bottom are just racists, is that right? What a joke progressivism is.

    As to hacks, they will always be working the margins; no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    Always the call of the crooks, 'nothing to see here, move along folks.'


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #73
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    that's a good one Joe...I a true working class truck driver, non union, have disdain for 'working people'.....heh, heh....What a joke....Get back on topic will you?

    Do you denounce what the two union hacks did, and how much of that graft do you think exists in unions today?

    j-mac
    It's not usual j. There's a fellow in Mississippi, a black man, who favors the KKK. It happens. Often the oppressed adopt the views of the oppressor. now, you're not exactly being oppressed, but you have adopted the views of those taking most advantage of you, benefitting from your distain for those who aren't wealthy, which includes working folk.

    As for the hacks, of course. Unlike you though, I don't leap to denouncing all teachers, all union memebers, all people not wealthy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #74
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not usual j. There's a fellow in Mississippi, a black man, who favors the KKK. It happens. Often the oppressed adopt the views of the oppressor. now, you're not exactly being oppressed, but you have adopted the views of those taking most advantage of you, benefitting from your distain for those who aren't wealthy, which includes working folk.

    hmmmmm...I see, so I suffer from Stockholm syndrome of sorts eh? heh, heh....And how do you come to that conclusion?

    As for the hacks, of course. Unlike you though, I don't leap to denouncing all teachers, all union memebers, all people not wealthy.
    Ok, so you only attack wealthy people?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #75
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    hmmmmm...I see, so I suffer from Stockholm syndrome of sorts eh? heh, heh....And how do you come to that conclusion?
    I don't think that is the term for it, but you do support thingsagainst your own interests.

    Ok, so you only attack wealthy people?

    j-mac
    Attack? No. I don't think I've ever done that. I just support workers and vote for things that are in their interests and against things that are not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #76
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think that is the term for it, but you do support thingsagainst your own interests.

    Is it against my interest to want to see a healthy economy? Is it against my interest to want to see an employer that is not under the thumb of regulation to the point of closing down my income source? Is it against my interest to want to have a government that doesn't constantly want to control my life? I think not.

    Attack? No. I don't think I've ever done that. I just support workers and vote for things that are in their interests and against things that are not.
    Unions are not the only people that are pinched by the economy there boo. Let me tell ya, If you truly were in support of the working middle class, of which unions only make up less than 10% of you'd be championing things that won't end up costing us more in a daily basis, ie: health care, energy, food....etc.

    but those like you will always say the bumper sticker, with no substance and expect it to close down the debate, instead it only makes me wonder if there are any truly independent, critical thinkers at all among the liberal ranks.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #77
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is it against my interest to want to see a healthy economy? Is it against my interest to want to see an employer that is not under the thumb of regulation to the point of closing down my income source? Is it against my interest to want to have a government that doesn't constantly want to control my life? I think not.
    j, everything we know you supported contributed to an unhealthy economy. The division growing between rich and poor, and the shrinking middle class is caused by policy that favors business and the wealthy. So, you have not voted in your interests. What was that book? What's the matter with Kansas? It explores this mindset and result reasonably well.

    Also, regulations are another issue. But in fact, the question should be is any particular regulatin necessary and proper. If the reason for it is valid, then the regulation is valid. each has to be handled individually, and not some overreaching comment that we have too many.

    Unions are not the only people that are pinched by the economy there boo. Let me tell ya, If you truly were in support of the working middle class, of which unions only make up less than 10% of you'd be championing things that won't end up costing us more in a daily basis, ie: health care, energy, food....etc.

    but those like you will always say the bumper sticker, with no substance and expect it to close down the debate, instead it only makes me wonder if there are any truly independent, critical thinkers at all among the liberal ranks.

    j-mac
    No where did I say union member were the only people pinched. So, that strawman can be put to bed.

    And I do champion health care, for example. Take it out of the work place, thus eliminating not only their premimum that they see, but the hidden cost the employer puts out that too few working people think about, thus allowing business to better compete with the rest of the world where citizens have UHC. Tax dollrs to support such a system would not come close to what is being put out presently by employers and employees, and all for an expensive and ineffective system that has problematic access issues.

    Your last paragrapgh makes no sense. Few merely repeat mindless partisan nonsense as often as you do. You've divided the world in to two polar opposite sides, liberals and real Americans. This prevents you too often from actually looking at issues. You can't get beyond the "liberal" you see everywhere.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #78
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    j, everything we know you supported contributed to an unhealthy economy. The division growing between rich and poor, and the shrinking middle class is caused by policy that favors business and the wealthy. So, you have not voted in your interests. What was that book? What's the matter with Kansas? It explores this mindset and result reasonably well.
    I wouldn't say that at all. "Everything"? that is a pretty absolute statement I think meant more to divide, and promote that only one sides thinking on the issue is the only correct path. Maybe instead of putting forth such absolutes would go a long way to actually solving these problems, and not just offering such as lip service to the notion but actually seeing some real compromise from this administration.

    Also, regulations are another issue. But in fact, the question should be is any particular regulatin necessary and proper. If the reason for it is valid, then the regulation is valid. each has to be handled individually, and not some overreaching comment that we have too many.
    I heard somewhere that there were some 66,000 pages of new regulation this year alone designed to end run congressional authority in matters that directly effect job sectors that were not supportive of current administration goals, and initiatives. Is this the 'new way' for the progressive movement? Can't get popular support in the legal, constitutional way so just end run the system anyway?

    No where did I say union member were the only people pinched. So, that strawman can be put to bed.
    Ok, admittedly I did extrapolate a little on your use of "worker" language, but the sentiment remains that nothing being proposed at least in this current day and age under this administration leads observation to conclude that anything other than core constituencies like Unions are being discussed when these meme's are most likely speaking to that subset.

    And I do champion health care, for example. Take it out of the work place, thus eliminating not only their premimum that they see, but the hidden cost the employer puts out that too few working people think about, thus allowing business to better compete with the rest of the world where citizens have UHC. Tax dollrs to support such a system would not come close to what is being put out presently by employers and employees, and all for an expensive and ineffective system that has problematic access issues.
    One size fits all fixes are usually doomed to failure.

    Your last paragrapgh makes no sense. Few merely repeat mindless partisan nonsense as often as you do. You've divided the world in to two polar opposite sides, liberals and real Americans. This prevents you too often from actually looking at issues. You can't get beyond the "liberal" you see everywhere.
    Nonsense, I think that liberals are real Americans as well, just wrong.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. "Everything"? that is a pretty absolute statement I think meant more to divide, and promote that only one sides thinking on the issue is the only correct path. Maybe instead of putting forth such absolutes would go a long way to actually solving these problems, and not just offering such as lip service to the notion but actually seeing some real compromise from this administration.
    you're right, you may have an exception here and there, but on the whole, you do in fact vote against your interests.

    I heard somewhere that there were some 66,000 pages of new regulation this year alone designed to end run congressional authority in matters that directly effect job sectors that were not supportive of current administration goals, and initiatives. Is this the 'new way' for the progressive movement? Can't get popular support in the legal, constitutional way so just end run the system anyway?
    The truth is just something we've heard?

    Well, if such comes about, the point is, each regulation has to be evaluated on whether it is needed or not. I doubt very seriously all would be needed, but until we look, we can't make a blanket statement. We have to actually look.

    The rest of what you say is more partisan nonsense.

    Ok, admittedly I did extrapolate a little on your use of "worker" language, but the sentiment remains that nothing being proposed at least in this current day and age under this administration leads observation to conclude that anything other than core constituencies like Unions are being discussed when these meme's are most likely speaking to that subset.
    Only if you look at it through a skewed lens. When you feed yourself partisan nonsense, you see such everywhere, and just know it. A lot harder to actually prove such assertions.


    One size fits all fixes are usually doomed to failure.
    Not sure what you're saying or what you think you're addressing, but no where do I suggest a one size fits all answer. I've often spoke on this subject and explained that it would have to be two teired, and that those who can afford more can get more. i think you're still debating your misperceptions and not me.

    Nonsense, I think that liberals are real Americans as well, just wrong.

    j-mac
    Well, that's a start. As I'm in no mood to look up old posts of yours. I'll accept that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 2 teachers union lobbyists teach for a day to qualify for hefty pensions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you're right, you may have an exception here and there, but on the whole, you do in fact vote against your interests.



    The truth is just something we've heard?

    Well, if such comes about, the point is, each regulation has to be evaluated on whether it is needed or not. I doubt very seriously all would be needed, but until we look, we can't make a blanket statement. We have to actually look.

    The rest of what you say is more partisan nonsense.



    Only if you look at it through a skewed lens. When you feed yourself partisan nonsense, you see such everywhere, and just know it. A lot harder to actually prove such assertions.




    Not sure what you're saying or what you think you're addressing, but no where do I suggest a one size fits all answer. I've often spoke on this subject and explained that it would have to be two teired, and that those who can afford more can get more. i think you're still debating your misperceptions and not me.



    Well, that's a start. As I'm in no mood to look up old posts of yours. I'll accept that.

    uh geeze! You are exhausting Joe. Look, you and I will probably never fully agree on much, but I find it amusing for a time to banter back and forth with you, however when you start just dismissing everything you don't want to debate by simply calling it partisan, then I think we are done here.

    Good day.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •