Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 385

Thread: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    I prefer congress declare war, but congress did sign agreements with the UN, so the question is does the president need approval each time they keep the agreement iwht the UN? I for one would like the president to, but I'm not sure there isn't a legal point that that says it isn't needed. however, for OUR purpose, I don't argue that Obama shouldn't have had to go before congress. i prefer a declaration of war before we start killing folks.
    Yes, that would be the usual route but now he is killing people in a more whimsical fashion and without a glance to the future


    Yep, but that doesn't answer what I asked you. Are you trying to divert away frm the question?
    If you know you have enemies in the area, why do you ask the question?

    Perhaps its to keep up on what they are saying and doing? Spying for example? Why does this have to be explained?

  2. #372
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, that would be the usual route but now he is killing people in a more whimsical fashion and without a glance to the future
    That's just your partisanship talking. Again, there is a timeline of events. nothing whimiscal about it.


    If you know you have enemies in the area, why do you ask the question?

    Perhaps its to keep up on what they are saying and doing? Spying for example? Why does this have to be explained?
    You can read the question can't you? You do see it linked to your comment, right?

    Now spying would be an answer, but is that what we're doing there? Can you support that? Spying on Iran? Pakistan? SA? All the above? Would you say that makes the thousands of deaths worth losing?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's just your partisanship talking. Again, there is a timeline of events. nothing whimiscal about it.
    A timeline is not a reason, nor is it an explanation for taking out the legitimate leader of a UN Member, nor should he be get his permission to attack another country from France. And now he has troops in Central Africa, murdering more people. Where is the US government in any of this?



    You can read the question can't you? You do see it linked to your comment, right?

    Now spying would be an answer, but is that what we're doing there? Can you support that? Spying on Iran? Pakistan? SA? All the above? Would you say that makes the thousands of deaths worth losing?

    Of course that's what's happening there! I cannot take your questions seriously because I have no idea whether you are joking or serious or what. Why not read about that Iraqi Embassy before you start asking silly questions?

    I think its very useful to be there because it makes it more difficult for ME terrorists. Do you feel otherwise? Do you trust the Middle Eastern leaders and feel everyone should pack up their troubles in their old kit bag?

  4. #374
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    A timeline is not a reason, nor is it an explanation for taking out the legitimate leader of a UN Member, nor should he be get his permission to attack another country from France. And now he has troops in Central Africa, murdering more people. Where is the US government in any of this?
    It gives you a good idea what happened. We did not take him out either. And france didn't give permission. Again you frame it dishonestly.




    Of course that's what's happening there! I cannot take your questions seriously because I have no idea whether you are joking or serious or what. Why not read about that Iraqi Embassy before you start asking silly questions?

    I think its very useful to be there because it makes it more difficult for ME terrorists. Do you feel otherwise? Do you trust the Middle Eastern leaders and feel everyone should pack up their troubles in their old kit bag?
    I wish you would take your answers seriously. We did not need to invade Iraq to spy on anyone. Our technology is good enough that killing thousands for a base should not be acceptable. And I don't have to trust anyone to believe we should not be in the business of agression without actual justification, without following rule of law, and without being honest about why we're putting Aemricans in ahrms way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It gives you a good idea what happened. We did not take him out either. And france didn't give permission. Again you frame it dishonestly.
    The US was involved in taking him out, Read the reports. So Barrack Obama led from the rear for several months, with France pushing somehow, and all without anyone's approval, even that of the US Congress. Just his own whimsical idea, huh?

    I wish you would take your answers seriously. We did not need to invade Iraq to spy on anyone
    .

    You've forgetten the quote system already. Where did I say the US had to invade Iraq to spy on anyone?

    Our technology is good enough that killing thousands for a base should not be acceptable. And I don't have to trust anyone to believe we should not be in the business of agression without actual justification, without following rule of law, and without being honest about why we're putting Aemricans in ahrms way.
    Good for you.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The US was involved in taking him out, Read the reports. So Barrack Obama led from the rear for several months, with France pushing somehow, and all without anyone's approval, even that of the US Congress. Just his own whimsical idea, huh?
    .

    Involved? That seems as vague as Saddam's ties. Be more specific.

    You've forgetten the quote system already. Where did I say the US had to invade Iraq to spy on anyone?
    I haven't forgotten anything. We're speaking about the embassy we put in Iraq, to which we had to invade to put it there. Or do you think Saddam would have let us put a base there?

    Good for you.
    Nice diversion from actually answering the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    ... nor is it an explanation for taking out the legitimate leader of a UN Member ...
    Bush? Saddam Hussein?

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    .

    Involved? That seems as vague as Saddam's ties. Be more specific.
    You do not know what happened before Gadaffi was murdered? Why are you even debating this?


    I haven't forgotten anything. We're speaking about the embassy we put in Iraq, to which we had to invade to put it there. Or do you think Saddam would have let us put a base there?
    If you haven't forgotten the quote system then use it.

    Nice diversion from actually answering the point.
    There was a point?

  9. #379
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You do not know what happened before Gadaffi was murdered? Why are you even debating this?
    I'm not convinced you know, or that you even understand what is being said or asked of you. I ask that you be more specific so as to judge how far off you are.

    If you haven't forgotten the quote system then use it.
    Is this your way of saying you can't answer? You don't know what you said?

    There was a point?
    Yep. Try again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,735

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Fighting to win is the solution.
    But we tried that in two wars. Look at what happened.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •