Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 385

Thread: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

  1. #201
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,743

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You know what I think is REALLY going on?

    Conservatives are FURIOUS that Bush started the war, while Obama finished it.

    They hate Obama's guts for killing Osama Bin Laden, presiding over the over-throw & death of Qhaddafi, and now the end of America's involvement in Iraq.

    They loath him for this, and they go home every night cursing Obama's name...for stealing their victories.
    In other words...politics as usual. Dems consistently took the opposition view to anything Bush did. It is ridiculous but certainly very clearly explains why the country is so screwed up.

    It IS mind bending that the GOP doesnt jump and shout "hurrah!" every time Obama agressively pursues terrorists. It vindicates the war on terror that so many of those hypocrites stood FOR for the 8 years of the Bush presidency. They are today doing the same thing dems did...in their opposition to the opposition they give comfort aid and hope to those that would harm the country. They are laughing at us. They SHOULD be.

  2. #202
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    In other words...politics as usual. Dems consistently took the opposition view to anything Bush did. It is ridiculous but certainly very clearly explains why the country is so screwed up.

    It IS mind bending that the GOP doesnt jump and shout "hurrah!" every time Obama agressively pursues terrorists. It vindicates the war on terror that so many of those hypocrites stood FOR for the 8 years of the Bush presidency. They are today doing the same thing dems did...in their opposition to the opposition they give comfort aid and hope to those that would harm the country. They are laughing at us. They SHOULD be.
    I'm a liberal and I don't support the war in Iraq now, nor did I support it then.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #203
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,313
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Zona View Post
    Every single time I ask who will defeat Obama in 2012, I get responses like this or they will say "Mickey mouse could beat him".

    Its kind of funny really. I am being as specific as I can when I ask who can beat him and why. The right never seems to have a name to throw out. Why is this?
    Because, in my mind, their only candidate that isn't a complete scumbag, and that everyone KNOW'S is a complete scumbag, is...GASP....Ron Paul...and it would absolutely KILL most republicans, more so than if Obama were kept in office, to see Paul make it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #204
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Because, in my mind, their only candidate that isn't a complete scumbag, and that everyone KNOW'S is a complete scumbag, is...GASP....Ron Paul...and it would absolutely KILL most republicans, more so than if Obama were kept in office, to see Paul make it in.
    One of the big problems I see with Ron Paul is his stance on legalizing drugs. He wants to legalize all drugs, which I personally don't have anything against it. Although, I would prefer to keep stuff like heroine illegal so we can still send people to rehab court mandated. That is besides the point though. He wants to legalize ONLY so corporations can take it over as a business. Someone told me on another forum that he would have it illegal for you to say grow pot in your house.

    So yes, to answer your question, he is a corporate scum bag imho.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Zona View Post


    Church....
    I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,743

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I'm a liberal and I don't support the war in Iraq now, nor did I support it then.
    Most did. Glad you dont. You should picket...carry signs and stuff. We havent had nearly enough of those anti-war demonstrations from liberals since Obama took over.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Most did. Glad you dont. You should picket...carry signs and stuff. We havent had nearly enough of those anti-war demonstrations from liberals since Obama took over.
    Now, that's not true. Most liberals did not support invading Iraq.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #208
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Most did. Glad you dont. You should picket...carry signs and stuff. We havent had nearly enough of those anti-war demonstrations from liberals since Obama took over.
    The reason I would never attend something like that, as much as I despise the war, is because it can quickly turn into hate on the US troops. Honestly, we don't need to disown our troops like we did in Vietnam. I think it was sick what we did to those veterans. But yeah, in general I do think it is a double standard to only hate the war because your presidential choice wasn't running the country. If you hate that we got into Iraq then, logic would dictate that you hate that we ARE in Iraq now.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #209
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,743

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The reason I would never attend something like that, as much as I despise the war, is because it can quickly turn into hate on the US troops. Honestly, we don't need to disown our troops like we did in Vietnam. I think it was sick what we did to those veterans. But yeah, in general I do think it is a double standard to only hate the war because your presidential choice wasn't running the country. If you hate that we got into Iraq then, logic would dictate that you hate that we ARE in Iraq now.
    Frankly, I respect that opinion. Im fine with people that have ideological differences about war. Better be...my own mother-in-law would disown me. SHe is very much anti. Consistency is important. Most...they wait til their party says something (or the other party says something) to know what they are supposed to say. Its pathetic.

  10. #210
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    05-30-18 @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,954

    Re: Official: U.S. pulling out all troops from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Most did. Glad you dont. You should picket...carry signs and stuff. We havent had nearly enough of those anti-war demonstrations from liberals since Obama took over.
    You have any evidence of this?

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •