I love how all the cheerleaders are stuttering in this thread...
what is sucking the life out of this country are several factors
1) economic reality-a guy doing manual factory labor in Ohio cannot expect to make wages ten times higher than some guy in Brazil or India who does the same job at the same level of skill
2) A government that constantly expands because our tax system encourages the many to vote for more and more government paid for by a small voting bloc
3) 75 years of encouraging people to look to the government for all the answers in order to create a permanent class of dependent voters beholden to the party of handouts
4) a REpublican party that is afraid of cutting back all this crap because they would never win another election
5) Judges-starting with FDR-who didn't have the backbone to stand up to the FDR administration than followed by judges who rubber stamped idiotic precedent
6) the fact that other countries are catching up to us or have caught up to us-50 years ago we had no real competition
7) the least able in our country are breeding at far higher rates than the most talented and gifted
as I noted in a recent other post-in Euro socialist societies, the rich pay a bit more but they pay the same share of the tax burden as their share of the income. In the USA the richest few percent pay far more of the tax burden than their share of the income and EVERYONE ELSE PAYS FAR LESS.
Of course, which is part of the reason the founders were against a direct democracy and chose to insitute a more representative form of government. You propose going a step futher and limiting those that are represented.I think its wrong that 10 people who are receiving welfare can vote up their welfare payments as much as they want from 3 guys who are paying net taxes.
Of course, I would argue....the moment 70% of voters are on welfare there's major issues and maybe there needs to be some drastic change.
Once again, I would ask this. A huge majority of Americans support a tax increase on the rich. How much have their taxes gone up? You make it seem as if the founders didn't ever consider this at all. I would argue they were elitists. When they spoke of protecting the "minority" a lot of times they meant the land owners and large plantation owners.I want a tax system that prevents anyone from being able to increase the taxes on others without also paying a proportionately equal tax hike themselves
“Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes
The five great lies of the
We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.