Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 249

Thread: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

  1. #141
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I uphold any American's constitutional rights, Ikari, even those of the most odious. This difference of opinion we're having isn't about which of us is more patriotic.
    I never brought patriotism into the equation. I merely said that I certainly will defend and uphold their right to protest and assemble to its maximum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    You say you "don't know if it will work or not". I say "there's no basis for believing OWS protests could succeed in achieving any goal of mine bearing on the issues they seem to be raising".[/COLOR]
    I say I don't know if it will work in terms of their goals which is to try to motivate more people to stand up and take stock. They have no obligation towards achieving your goals and your goals are most likely not part of their current strategy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #142
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How about if I go play basketball after hours in order to protest allowing protest on park grounds after hours but not basketball???


    Its a re-tah-ded slippery slope.
    If there were true cause to protest. Say the cops were running around beating people playing basketball because they...well cops do that sort of thing for the fun of it. Yeah, I'd allow it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #143
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In protest being force to abdicate the protest for a few weeks is irreparable harm. From what you percieved as "a snowball's chance in hell", others apparently (and those who apparently have careers in law and are judges and such) thought there was at least enough merit to consider the arguments. The people must always be able to redress the government.

    This all seemed nice and open in our system as a proper check on law being executed against the rights of the individual. They even ruled the way you wanted. You can arbitrarily set times in a park and claim no one can be there during said times (with no constraint on how one defines those times) to infringe upon assembly and protest rights. I don't see what the big deal here is other than the fact that so many people are blindly against OWS that they are near the mouth foaming stage perpetually. It's protest, protest is good for a healthy Republic. We must protect it and uphold it to its maximum.
    Regularly closing the park at dark is "Arbitrary" to you?

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If there were true cause to protest. Say the cops were running around beating people playing basketball because they...well cops do that sort of thing for the fun of it. Yeah, I'd allow it.
    I see... trying to make it personal....

    Its re-tah-ded.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Regularly closing the park at dark is "Arbitrary" to you?

    There's nothing that prevents them from changing those hours, is there?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #146
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I see... trying to make it personal....

    Its re-tah-ded.
    No, just showing that there are many situations in which I would endorse the use of public land for the securement of our right to assemble and protest.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #147
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There's nothing that prevents them from changing those hours, is there?
    Changing those hours just to accommodate people protesting would be arbitrary...

    NOT changing the hours would be a "standard" .
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #148
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There's nothing that prevents them from changing those hours, is there?
    why should they. I work a few blocks from that place. These people are making a nuisance out of themselves. Why should the law be changed to accommodate a bunch of whining assholes?



  9. #149
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Changing those hours just to accommodate people protesting would be arbitrary...

    NOT changing the hours would be a "standard" .
    Yes, or changing the hours to prevent protesting. There's no restriction on that restriction and they can do as they like.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #150
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal Judge Orders Cincinnati Not To Ticket OWS'ers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should they. I work a few blocks from that place. These people are making a nuisance out of themselves. Why should the law be changed to accommodate a bunch of whining assholes?
    So what? You ain't got a right to not see every asshole out there. In fact, in any given day you're going to come across numerous nuisances and assholes. Just because these guys have gathered doesn't mean that we should try to find as many ways as possible to prevent them from gathering.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •