Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

  1. #11
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Um, no. No government in the middle east wants your crap in their country.
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a few more words... what do you mean?
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  2. #12
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    Borders are as antiquated as the whole concept of nation-states.
    Borders are evidence of boundaries.

    Every entity has boundaries -- a biological cell has a boundary, so does an assemblage of those cells that we know as an individual have its own boundary, as does an interpersonal relationship of two people, a family, an extended social group .. and a nation. Even our planet has its boundary in space.

    Last I looked, there's a ton of law specifying conditions and penalties for violating the boundaries of another.

    Yes, boundaries as a phenomenon are quite ancient.

    But our awareness and respect of boundaries is rather recent within the time frame of evolving human awareness.

    Why romance itself is the pleasureable dance we do in mutually inviting another to enter through our boundaries to become an interpersonal entity.

    You may think boundaries are passe and that respect for them all in every form is old hat ..

    .. But I contend that it's the very latest in civilized haberdashery.

  3. #13
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Borders are evidence of boundaries.

    Every entity has boundaries -- a biological cell has a boundary, so does an assemblage of those cells that we know as an individual have its own boundary, as does an interpersonal relationship of two people, a family, an extended social group .. and a nation. Even our planet has its boundary in space.

    Last I looked, there's a ton of law specifying conditions and penalties for violating the boundaries of another.

    Yes, boundaries as a phenomenon are quite ancient.

    But our awareness and respect of boundaries is rather recent within the time frame of evolving human awareness.

    Why romance itself is the pleasureable dance we do in mutually inviting another to enter through our boundaries to become an interpersonal entity.

    You may think boundaries are passe and that respect for them all in every form is old hat ..

    .. But I contend that it's the very latest in civilized haberdashery.
    What lovely prose does present itself as a counter-argument to my thoughts! I do contend that nation-states and their obligate boundaries are waning... but you did mention a more realistic boundary: Earth. The human population is the unit of my consideration.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  4. #14
    Educator Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 01:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    987

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    World goverment = good.

    Multinational corporations = bad.

  5. #15
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    World goverment = good.

    Multinational corporations = bad.
    Or... world government = necessary evil of globalized 21st century economy (as a federal government was of the 18th).

    Multinational corporations = ... need to be folded into a sustainable system of coherent regulation and governance.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    When the economy takes a turn, immigrants always feel the brunt of the times. This is historical fact. Tossing out illegals may seem productive, but it's just a bait and switch from the real source of our economic drain. See the thread about $16 trillion in Federal Reserve funds loaned out globally.

    We should be deporting the crooks and fraudsters of Wallstreet and the Federal Reserve.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Hopefully all those illegals served their full prison or jail sentences for their offenses before being deported back to their countries. The one thing we don't need is to be sending a message to illegals that you can commit crimes other than illegal immigration and just be given a ticket home.
    You do realize that it costs tens of thousands of dollars to house inmates yearly, right? And you do realize that those funds come from tax payers?

    I would rather see them shipped off a.s.a.p, if anything. But the government is not willing to crack down on the corporations who are hiring these illegals, so the real source of the problem remains unaddressed. Corporations have too much immunity in modern America.

  7. #17
    Educator Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 01:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    987

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by nijato View Post
    Or... world government = necessary evil of globalized 21st century economy (as a federal government was of the 18th).

    Multinational corporations = ... need to be folded into a sustainable system of coherent regulation and governance.
    Big corporations = untrustworthy.

    Big government = benevolent.

  8. #18
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    What if both government AND corporations suck, and both need to be watched and closely regulated? That's where I'm at.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

  9. #19
    Educator Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 01:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    987

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    It means you voted for the party of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank and Dick Durbin because they told you they reformed banks, and you got suckered.

  10. #20
    Advisor nijato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charm City, USA
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    417
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. deportations reach historic levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It means you voted for the party of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank and Dick Durbin because they told you they reformed banks, and you got suckered.
    HA! I voted for Bob Barr... put that in your LIBERTARIAN PARTY pipe and smoke it.
    "A witty saying proves nothing." Voltaire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •