Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 228

Thread: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

  1. #81
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. The question was "Why should I care" about your opinion. "Because I say so". or "Because I am an American" is weak.

    You are wrong for a lot of reasons. The first is that you do not think very well.
    Aren't you the witty smug one. People like you never last long, the problem is that you never see it and never give up.

    We are talking about an assignment in an American classroom by American students in the United States of America. If being an American isn't relevant, then what is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not even close. Spain has something like 40 million people and Mexico has well over a hundred million people. The USA has more Spanish speakers than Spain.
    Well, told ya, I'm no geography whiz.


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. The question was "Why should I care" about your opinion. "Because I say so". or "Because I am an American" is weak.

    You are wrong for a lot of reasons. The first is that you do not think very well.
    Is there some reason you are so nasty to me personally, Deuce? I don't much care for it.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, she's only 15. Do we know if this is an introductory Spanish class? I took 2 years of Spanish in high school and 2 semesters in college. There's no stinkin' way I could write even one intelligent, coherent paragraph in Spanish even after all that.
    Really? I took French and was by no means the best and we wrote in French all the time... in fact I still can after thinking about it (in French) for a bit, now 20 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Aren't you the witty smug one. People like you never last long, the problem is that you never see it and never give up.

    We are talking about an assignment in an American classroom by American students in the United States of America. If being an American isn't relevant, then what is?
    So I am the "witty smug" one ? You are half right. I am witty.

    Again, my slow learning friend, the question was not about "relevence". Someone asked why they should care about the opinion of another. To be frank, the implication was that the argument lacked merit and substance, so where was its foundation ? As we see, there was none.

    Now Grasshopper. It'll be a cold day in hell before you can even imagine being able to even eat my dust intellectually, much less compete.

    But do keep trying

  6. #86
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Is there some reason you are so nasty to me personally, Deuce? I don't much care for it.
    He is going to tell you you are wrong since he was being nasty to me in that post... and that is the post that you addressed, so there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Is there some reason you are so nasty to me personally, Deuce? I don't much care for it.
    Go back and look Pinkie. You are as the typical liberal. In every case, I was minding my own business, responding to topic, and you came at me personally.

    I am not nasty. I am just painfully true when I am pushed to respond to such malicious liberal nonsense.

    Not bragging. Just fact.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    So I am the "witty smug" one ? You are half right. I am witty.

    Again, my slow learning friend, the question was not about "relevence". Someone asked why they should care about the opinion of another. To be frank, the implication was that the argument lacked merit and substance, so where was its foundation ? As we see, there was none.

    Now Grasshopper. It'll be a cold day in hell before you can even imagine being able to even eat my dust intellectually, much less compete.

    But do keep trying
    Good grief, what a loss to the greeting card industry this post is.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Go back and look Pinkie. You are as the typical liberal. In every case, I was minding my own business, responding to topic, and you came at me personally.

    I am not nasty. I am just painfully true when I am pushed to respond to such malicious liberal nonsense.

    Not bragging. Just fact.
    Who's at your house, pushing you to post here?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Good grief, what a loss to the greeting card industry this post is.
    Well, change a couple words and sell it to Hallmark ! Liberals are known to see the light on occasion, and become God-fearing rich capitalists/ Go for it !

    In the meantime, I am OK with the student refusing to recite the peso national anthem. As I noted, she could have found other worthy things to translate.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •