Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 228

Thread: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

  1. #151
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    As a parent, I believe the assignment was inappropriate. So, teachers may assign ANYTHING they want, no matter how inappropriate and it is acceptable because the student can simply take an 'F'? That isn't acceptable.
    Pst, learn what a straw man is, you make them so often. The kid wasn't forced to do the assignment. She didn't do it? Great for her. She got an F. It's not as if she was then told to wear the Mexican uniform and parade around streets. She was told to recite something in Spanish. I don't really care about whether you're a parent or not. The teacher gave an assignment, the kid refused to do it on a bogus excuse, the kid got an F; nd of story. If she had been told to write an essay on the positive role of religion for a social studies class and refused, my answer would remain the same.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Was the student given an F? I thought she was given an alternative assignment.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,804

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Ha. I understand directions without a compass. I just need to see it on a map to understand.
    Did you have a different name because this is the first time I think that i have noticed you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,804

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Pst, learn what a straw man is, you make them so often. The kid wasn't forced to do the assignment. She didn't do it? Great for her. She got an F. It's not as if she was then told to wear the Mexican uniform and parade around streets. She was told to recite something in Spanish. I don't really care about whether you're a parent or not. The teacher gave an assignment, the kid refused to do it on a bogus excuse, the kid got an F; nd of story. If she had been told to write an essay on the positive role of religion for a social studies class and refused, my answer would remain the same.
    Giving an assignment about religion like that is even more inppropriate and would see the teacher fired... I have never even heard of such a thing in a public school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Was the student given an F? I thought she was given an alternative assignment.
    Oh she was given make up work? The horror. I thought she had failed. The kid is being told she didn't have to do it if she didn't want to? Those evil Mexicans need to start taking cues from Catholics on indoctrination. They should force kids to sit there for hours singing norteno music until they ****ing learn to be paisanos!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh she was given make up work? The horror. I thought she had failed. The kid is being told she didn't have to do it if she didn't want to? Those evil Mexicans need to start taking cues from Catholics on indoctrination. They should force kids to sit there for hours singing norteno music until they ****ing learn to be paisanos!
    Odd that you have such strong opinions when you don't have the facts.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Odd that you have such strong opinions when you don't have the facts.
    Facts about what? Parents forcing their kids to go to church? Lol, those are facts of life. Want to try me?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Pst, learn what a straw man is, you make them so often. The kid wasn't forced to do the assignment. She didn't do it? Great for her. She got an F. It's not as if she was then told to wear the Mexican uniform and parade around streets. She was told to recite something in Spanish. I don't really care about whether you're a parent or not. The teacher gave an assignment, the kid refused to do it on a bogus excuse, the kid got an F; nd of story. If she had been told to write an essay on the positive role of religion for a social studies class and refused, my answer would remain the same.
    I don't happen to agree that the kid's decision was for a bogus reason. In fact, I think the assignment was made for a bogus reason.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I don't happen to agree that the kid's decision was for a bogus reason. In fact, I think the assignment was made for a bogus reason.
    That's great for you. Who are you again? And why do you type in blue? That's Sheik's shtick.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #160
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,804

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Odd that you have such strong opinions when you don't have the facts.
    You have a smooth way about you... welcome to the forum.

    Bodi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •