Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 228

Thread: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

  1. #141
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,831

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    No worries... we all make mistakes...
    Not some people... we had evidence of that in this very thread just a couple pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is what I do as well... you will find me vehemently conservative on some issues and just as passionate and liberal on others. I judge each issue based on it's merit. I was only commenting on how I find liberals or conservatives that are a little more extreme. Most people are in the middle and can communicate clearly and calmly.
    Well, geeze louise, I hear San Francisco is the epicenter of liberal extremism. It'd be a nine days wonder if you hadn't found the cons out there to be more reasonable.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,831

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Well, geeze louise, I hear San Francisco is the epicenter of liberal extremism. It'd be a nine days wonder if you hadn't found the cons out there to be more reasonable.
    It was the liberals that were unreasonable. I would sit in a cafe or tea house and start talking politics with the 1985 volvo driving dred headed pot smoking and growing dead heads living on their parents 100 acres for free while not having a job (or working for trade in an organic garden for vegetables) kinda liberal that basically hates America and even what liberals are doing they were so extreme. I would start out fine and then when they started shouting I would needle them and start making fun of them... jack asses. I couldn't stand these wannabe hippy children of ex-60's hippies as they touted their utopian ideology all the while doing nothing productive and bashing everything about America and anybody that dared support something American or Western.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It was the liberals that were unreasonable. I would sit in a cafe or tea house and start talking politics with the 1985 volvo driving dred headed pot smoking and growing dead heads living on their parents 100 acres for free while not having a job (or working for trade in an organic garden for vegetables) kinda liberal that basically hates America and even what liberals are doing they were so extreme. I would start out fine and then when they started shouting I would needle them and start making fun of them... jack asses. I couldn't stand these wannabe hippy children of ex-60's hippies as they touted their utopian ideology all the while doing nothing productive and bashing everything about America and anybody that dared support something American or Western.
    I rather doubt I'd have had much more success. I'm not noted for my high bull**** tolerance.

  5. #145
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ha! The surprise to me would have been if I were right; I truely suck at geography. I can't read a map because to me, "north" means "go up".

    LOLOL.
    Don't feel bad; you aren't the only one who's directionally challenged. Isn't north directly in front of you while south is behind you, LOL?

  6. #146
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She has the right to refuse to do the assignment and her teacher has the right to fail her. It was an assignment for class not something students were being forced to do.
    Students aren't forced to do assignments? What?

  7. #147
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What if I give you a map without a compass on it?
    Ha. I understand directions without a compass. I just need to see it on a map to understand.


  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Don't feel bad; you aren't the only one who's directionally challenged. Isn't north directly in front of you while south is behind you, LOL?
    No, up and down.

    LOL.

  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Well, I'm not geography whiz, but I don't believe you are correct.

    If, by "largest" you mean highest population, I'd guess Spain is first. Spain is also the place where Spanish first developed and therefore, has the oldest "Spanish" culture.
    The first-year teacher, according to the student, is from Mexico and loves it. The student also objected to the assignment's being on the U.S.'s Constitution Day.

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,889

    Re: HS Student Refuses To Recite Mexican Pledge Of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    No, up and down.

    LOL.
    Note to self: Never take a road trip with Pinkie.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •