And yes, it would only happen if "people get stupid" and say, voted to keep the government from restricting corporate power. That's kinda what your party is trying to do. And if the 1% isn't going to pay for it, who is? the rest of us 99% can barely afford our houses. And cleaning up a mess you didn't make? kinda like the Iraq war?
Also, I didn't say we'd be working for 2 cents an hour. I used that as an example. You ever heard the phrase "Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" before? Also, taking inflation into account, we'd get $0.46 an hour. I'd like to see you try to live off of a wage like that.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to bed now.