Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 122

Thread: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

  1. #91
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Cult of Personality = Defending someone from lies.
    Your distinction is without difference.

    He doesn't need to.
    Whoa there, so Warren Buffet does all of his own taxes? You want to stick with that one?

    It's common knowledge that capital gains are taxed at much lower rates than personal income tax.
    Which is the exact reason that the analogy between Buffet and his secretary is beyond disingenuous.

    He also makes most of his money through capital gains, hence the lower tax rate.
    So do a lot of retirees in this country. Would you like to see their break go away too? There is a reason that capital gain is not taxed like regular income, one of which is that the money invested to make that gain has already been taxed.

    He's not gaming the system, the system was tailor made for him.
    And you, and I, and anyone that invests. Are you really that jealous of someone that has more than you that you would advocate taking it from them so you could have it?

    No, you don't pay less based on how many lawyers you hire. He pays less cause most of his money comes from capital gains and not personal income from his job.
    Which is a scam as well, but both have a ring of truth. It is a fact that the better people you hire the better result you will have. Just as it is a truth that Buffet takes a token salary to avoid taxation probably based on these persons advice.

    If you went out and made the same amount of money as him through personal gains and investing you'd pay very close to the same tax rate. He's not gaming he system.
    Glad to see you actually understand the system. It makes it all the more confusing that you would advocate destruction of that system over your jealousy of people that make more than yourself. Also, since you understand this, then one can only conclude that you are also being disingenuous in your argument by supporting Buffet's silly crap.

    If you think that him making money through capital gains is gaming the system then I would think you agree with me that we should tax capital gains income as personal income...
    If you shrink the reward for investing, and make it more expensive to invest, what is the logical outcome of that?

    They are not simply refusing to pay taxes. They are filing appeals on what they actually owe. The company thinks it was over taxed and they are following all the right moves to get it dealt with. Warren Buffett can't treat the company's money the same way he would treat his own money. That's not how the world works.
    Arguing for other wealthy people to pay more while he is connected with legal maneuvers to avoid paying more, and you don't see the conflict there? Really?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #92
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your distinction is without difference.



    Whoa there, so Warren Buffet does all of his own taxes? You want to stick with that one?



    Which is the exact reason that the analogy between Buffet and his secretary is beyond disingenuous.



    So do a lot of retirees in this country. Would you like to see their break go away too? There is a reason that capital gain is not taxed like regular income, one of which is that the money invested to make that gain has already been taxed.



    And you, and I, and anyone that invests. Are you really that jealous of someone that has more than you that you would advocate taking it from them so you could have it?



    Which is a scam as well, but both have a ring of truth. It is a fact that the better people you hire the better result you will have. Just as it is a truth that Buffet takes a token salary to avoid taxation probably based on these persons advice.



    Glad to see you actually understand the system. It makes it all the more confusing that you would advocate destruction of that system over your jealousy of people that make more than yourself. Also, since you understand this, then one can only conclude that you are also being disingenuous in your argument by supporting Buffet's silly crap.



    If you shrink the reward for investing, and make it more expensive to invest, what is the logical outcome of that?



    Arguing for other wealthy people to pay more while he is connected with legal maneuvers to avoid paying more, and you don't see the conflict there? Really?

    j-mac
    I'm not arguing this out of jealousy dude. That's one of the very many mistakes you make in your post. If you were to skip over that bull**** and actually talk specifics and not keep coming back to how I must just be jealous then we can have a discussion. If you can't manage that then I'll continue to glance over your posts with a snicker.

    BTW, is Warren Buffett also jealous of himself? Think before you type dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #93
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm not arguing this out of jealousy dude. That's one of the very many mistakes you make in your post. If you were to skip over that bull**** and actually talk specifics and not keep coming back to how I must just be jealous then we can have a discussion. If you can't manage that then I'll continue to glance over your posts with a snicker.
    It is up to you whether or not you reply to any posting. However, I am trying to understand why it is that many on the liberal side of the argument seem to want to go after this class war argument crap, when in this country everyone has the same opportunity to better themselves.

    I am not avoiding specifics, just lay them out and I'll be more than happy to address them. Unless ofcourse, it is just easier to continue to show arrogance, and insult those that don't agree with your point of view.

    BTW, is Warren Buffett also jealous of himself? Think before you type dude.
    No, Buffet is just another in a long line of what Stalin called "Useful idiots".... If Buffet, or any other liberal, including those in Hollywood that are in the end dumb as a box of rocks, want to pay more, they can. But, when it comes to others, and how they manage their own finances, they should STFU!

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #94
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm not arguing this out of jealousy dude. That's one of the very many mistakes you make in your post. If you were to skip over that bull**** and actually talk specifics and not keep coming back to how I must just be jealous then we can have a discussion. If you can't manage that then I'll continue to glance over your posts with a snicker.

    BTW, is Warren Buffett also jealous of himself? Think before you type dude.
    Just save yourself the agitation. I've quit responding to posts that make assumptions based on right-wing radio carictures of the dreaded "liberal".
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #95
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Just save yourself the agitation. I've quit responding to posts that make assumptions based on right-wing radio carictures of the dreaded "liberal".
    Here we go, now I must not think for myself because I disagree with the liberal point of view eh....If any group has that mentality of sheeple regurgitating the latest talking points, take a look at your own group.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    From the fact sheet:

    "The President calls on the Committee to undertake comprehensive tax reform, and lays out five principles for it to follow: 1) lower tax rates; 2) cut wasteful loopholes and tax breaks; 3) reduce the deficit by $1.5 trillion; 4) boost job creation and growth; and 5) comport with the “Buffett Rule” that people making more than $1 million a year should not pay a smaller share of their income in taxes than middle-class families pay.

    Tax reform should draw on the specific proposals the President has put forward, together with elimination of additional inefficient tax breaks. If the Joint Committee is unable to undertake comprehensive tax reform, the President believes the discrete measures he has proposed should be enacted on a standalone basis. Their enactment as a standalone package still would significantly improve the country’s fiscal standing, represent an important step toward more fundamentally transforming our tax code, and serve as a strong foundation for economic growth and job creation.

    To advance this debate, the President is offering a detailed set of specific tax loophole closers and measures to broaden the tax base that, together with the expiration of the high-income tax cuts, would be more than sufficient to hit the $1.5 trillion target. These include:

    Allowing the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts for upper income earners to expire ($866 billion)
    Limiting deductions and exclusions for those making more than $250,000 a year ($410 billion)
    Closing loopholes and eliminating special interest tax breaks (approximately $300 billion)"
    Reading this post, especially the last two lines you write why did you debate the point that Obama's plan hits people below $1 million and thus is different than what Buffet proposed.

  7. #97
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Here we go, now I must not think for myself because I disagree with the liberal point of view eh....If any group has that mentality of sheeple regurgitating the latest talking points, take a look at your own group.

    j-mac
    I have no problem with regurgitating talking points. It's the attack on a person because of their political affiliation and assumptions based on their affiliation.

    "Person X is a liberal, therefore jealousy is their motivational factor for raising taxes on the richest of Americans". If everybody on this board agreed I wouldn't be on here because there would be no debate. The majority of your post is fine, but saying that he wants higher taxes on the wealthy due to jealousy is just used to discount any legitimate concern he could have.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #98
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I have no problem with regurgitating talking points. It's the attack on a person because of their political affiliation and assumptions based on their affiliation.

    "Person X is a liberal, therefore jealousy is their motivational factor for raising taxes on the richest of Americans". If everybody on this board agreed I wouldn't be on here because there would be no debate. The majority of your post is fine, but saying that he wants higher taxes on the wealthy due to jealousy is just used to discount any legitimate concern he could have.
    When he displays a legitimate concern, or posting that goes further than just the 'rich should pay more' pap, using talking point straight out of Zucatti park then I'll delve a little further. However, when all he has are insults, and arrogance, then he doesn't deserve substantive reply.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #99
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is up to you whether or not you reply to any posting. However, I am trying to understand why it is that many on the liberal side of the argument seem to want to go after this class war argument crap, when in this country everyone has the same opportunity to better themselves.
    I agree, in most cases you hold your own destiny. In America maybe not everyone can end up like Warren Buffett but even a homeless person can get a job somewhere and work their way up and earn a good living with enough hard work and dedication.

    The class war talking point is crap. I'm not mad at people that make more money than I do. It's a simple case that I think the country would be better off with the wealthy paying what they did before the bush tax cuts and the super wealthy paying maybe even alittle bit more than that and that capital gains should be taxed similar to personal income, maybe after the first 100,000 that year it's taxed at the exact same rate personal income tax is. That would not allow people earning millions to pay 17% tax and reduces the deficit.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, Buffet is just another in a long line of what Stalin called "Useful idiots".... If Buffet, or any other liberal, including those in Hollywood that are in the end dumb as a box of rocks, want to pay more, they can. But, when it comes to others, and how they manage their own finances, they should STFU!

    j-mac
    Last time I checked everyone in this country has the right to express their opinion on tax policy. Don't like freedom of speech? Move somewhere else. Learn to get past your idiotic talk radio stereotypes and come back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #100
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Warren Buffett releases tax figures to GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Here we go, now I must not think for myself because I disagree with the liberal point of view eh....If any group has that mentality of sheeple regurgitating the latest talking points, take a look at your own group.

    j-mac
    Kind of like how you assumed I'm not thinking for myself and just hate the rich because I think raising their taxes is a good idea? how can you see this in others but refuse to see it in your self? Remove the blinders dude. Open up your eyes. That sun light only burns for a few seconds. After that you'll get used to it and enjoy it. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •