Page 96 of 197 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #951
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Really? That is ridiculous that you can just bald-face lie like that. You know that's a load of **** as well as everyone else.

    U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

    GDP Growth By Quarter
    2007 Q3 - 3.0%
    2007 Q4 - 1.7%
    2008 Q1 - -1.8%
    2008 Q2 - 1.3%
    2008 Q3 - -3.7%
    2008 Q4 - -8.9%
    2009 Q1 - -6.7%
    Enter the stimulus package!
    2009 Q2 - -.7%
    2009 Q3 - 1.7%
    2009 Q4 - 3.8%

    Notice where the downward in GDP ended? Right after he took office and signed the stimulus package.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Unemployment by Month - bls.gov
    Jun '08 - 5.6%
    Jul '08 - 5.8%
    Aug '08 - 6.1%
    Sep '08 - 6.2%
    Oct '08 - 6.6%
    Nov '08 - 6.8%
    Dec '08 - 7.3%
    Jan '09 - 7.8%
    By the time he took office, unemployment had already jumped over 2.5 percentage points and showed no sign of slowing
    Feb '09 - 8.2%
    Mar '09 - 8.6%
    Apr '09 - 8.9%
    May '09 - 9.4%
    Jun '09 - 9.5%
    Jul '09 - 9.5%
    Aug '09 - 9.7%
    Sep '09 - 9.8%
    Oct '09 - 10.1%
    Nov '09 - 9.9%
    Dec '09 - 9.9%
    Jan '10 - 9.7%
    Feb '10 - 9.7%
    Mar '10 - 9.7%
    Apr '10 - 9.8%
    May '10 - 9.6%
    Jun '10 - 9.5%
    Jul '10 - 9.5%
    Aug '10 - 9.6%
    Sep '10 - 9.6%
    Oct '10 - 9.7%
    Nov '10 - 9.8%
    Dec '10 - 9.4%

    Now where would you say the bottom was, Conservative? I'd say it was in October, but I like to use what is called "logic". (I can't even believe I just wasted my time putting those numbers out so nicely for him to just brush it off with some hackish nonsense).
    Aw, now didn't Obama get his stimulus package passed in early Feb. 2009? Didn't his Administration claim that the money could be distributed quickly and would keep unemployment from exceeding 8%? do you understand why the unemployment rate is only 9.1%? When you figure it out you will figure out how Obama plans on fooling the rest o fthe American people

    You want badly to buy the liberal rhetoric but the results are making you look foolish

  2. #952
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    This country was built on liberal values and regulated capitalism.
    the problem with that nonsense is "liberal values" means nothing if context is not explained

    this country was founded on a belief that decentralized government was preferable to the centralized monarchy that was ruling the colonies
    "regulated capitalism" was never mentioned in the constitution

    Your version of liberalism is actually reactionary parasitic statism that has as its answer to every problem, more government, more taxes (on the rich especially) and more hostility to economic freedom and the ability of the best and the brightest to succeed.



  3. #953
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, now didn't Obama get his stimulus package passed in early Feb. 2009? Didn't his Administration claim that the money could be distributed quickly and would keep unemployment from exceeding 8%? do you understand why the unemployment rate is only 9.1%? When you figure it out you will figure out how Obama plans on fooling the rest o fthe American people

    You want badly to buy the liberal rhetoric but the results are making you look foolish

    They were definitely wrong about that, but it clearly did help curb the loss in GDP. In fact, GDP has begun to grow at it's normal rate, perhaps even a bit above average. I do not blame him, or rather his administration, for saying they thought it would hold unemployment at 8%. I am sure it was an optimistic number, and the number seems to have been off by 1 percentage point because it is holding steady at 9%.


    It doesn't change the fact that you clearly just deflected the entire argument. Those numbers easily show that the economy was still headed straight for the ****ter when he took office in Jan '09. You didn't even give him 8 months before it was his fault? That's such nonsense.


    GDP Growth By Quarter
    2007 Q3 - 3.0%
    2007 Q4 - 1.7%
    2008 Q1 - -1.8%
    2008 Q2 - 1.3%
    2008 Q3 - -3.7%
    2008 Q4 - -8.9%
    2009 Q1 - -6.7%
    Enter the stimulus package!
    2009 Q2 - -.7%
    2009 Q3 - 1.7%
    2009 Q4 - 3.8%


    Notice where the downward in GDP ended? Right after he took office and signed the stimulus package.


    -------------------------------------------------------


    Unemployment by Month - bls.gov
    Jun '08 - 5.6%
    Jul '08 - 5.8%
    Aug '08 - 6.1%
    Sep '08 - 6.2%
    Oct '08 - 6.6%
    Nov '08 - 6.8%
    Dec '08 - 7.3%
    Jan '09 - 7.8%
    By the time he took office, unemployment had already jumped over 2.5 percentage points and showed no sign of slowing
    Feb '09 - 8.2%
    Mar '09 - 8.6%
    Apr '09 - 8.9%
    May '09 - 9.4%
    Jun '09 - 9.5%
    Jul '09 - 9.5%
    Aug '09 - 9.7%
    Sep '09 - 9.8%
    Oct '09 - 10.1%
    Nov '09 - 9.9%
    Dec '09 - 9.9%
    Jan '10 - 9.7%
    Feb '10 - 9.7%
    Mar '10 - 9.7%
    Apr '10 - 9.8%
    May '10 - 9.6%
    Jun '10 - 9.5%
    Jul '10 - 9.5%
    Aug '10 - 9.6%
    Sep '10 - 9.6%
    Oct '10 - 9.7%
    Nov '10 - 9.8%
    Dec '10 - 9.4%

  4. #954
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Really? That is ridiculous that you can just bald-face lie like that. You know that's a load of **** as well as everyone else.

    U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

    GDP Growth By Quarter
    2007 Q3 - 3.0%
    2007 Q4 - 1.7%
    2008 Q1 - -1.8%
    2008 Q2 - 1.3%
    2008 Q3 - -3.7%
    2008 Q4 - -8.9%
    2009 Q1 - -6.7%
    Enter the stimulus package!
    2009 Q2 - -.7%
    2009 Q3 - 1.7%
    2009 Q4 - 3.8%

    Notice where the downward in GDP ended? Right after he took office and signed the stimulus package.

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Unemployment by Month - bls.gov
    Jun '08 - 5.6%
    Jul '08 - 5.8%
    Aug '08 - 6.1%
    Sep '08 - 6.2%
    Oct '08 - 6.6%
    Nov '08 - 6.8%
    Dec '08 - 7.3%
    Jan '09 - 7.8%
    By the time he took office, unemployment had already jumped over 2.5 percentage points and showed no sign of slowing
    Feb '09 - 8.2%
    Mar '09 - 8.6%
    Apr '09 - 8.9%
    May '09 - 9.4%
    Jun '09 - 9.5%
    Jul '09 - 9.5%
    Aug '09 - 9.7%
    Sep '09 - 9.8%
    Oct '09 - 10.1%
    Nov '09 - 9.9%
    Dec '09 - 9.9%
    Jan '10 - 9.7%
    Feb '10 - 9.7%
    Mar '10 - 9.7%
    Apr '10 - 9.8%
    May '10 - 9.6%
    Jun '10 - 9.5%
    Jul '10 - 9.5%
    Aug '10 - 9.6%
    Sep '10 - 9.6%
    Oct '10 - 9.7%
    Nov '10 - 9.8%
    Dec '10 - 9.4%

    Now where would you say the bottom was, Conservative? I'd say it was in October, but I like to use what is called "logic". (I can't even believe I just wasted my time putting those numbers out so nicely for him to just brush it off with some hackish nonsense).
    Noticed that you only showed GDP growth through 4th qtr 2009, is there a reason for that? Could it be that the 2011 numbers are so bad as I pointed out and thus show that the economy isn't doing as well as you want to claim? I believe you will find that the stimulus spending helped into fiscal year 2010 but that throughout 2010 the GDP dropped each quarter and into 2011 it has become almost stagnant?

  5. #955
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Noticed that you only showed GDP growth through 4th qtr 2009, is there a reason for that? Could it be that the 2011 numbers are so bad as I pointed out and thus show that the economy isn't doing as well as you want to claim? I believe you will find that the stimulus spending helped into fiscal year 2010 but that throughout 2010 the GDP dropped each quarter and into 2011 it has become almost stagnant?
    ''


    Check out my updated sig .
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #956
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    ''


    Check out my updated sig .
    Too bad you don't understand that those charts don't change the Obama performance

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011(bea.gov)
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)

  7. #957
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    ''


    Check out my updated sig .
    most people figure out how to quote posts



  8. #958
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Too bad you don't understand that those charts don't change the Obama performance

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011(bea.gov)
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    This argument has been debunked, how do you justify posting over and over again?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #959
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    This argument has been debunked, how do you justify posting over and over again?
    Debunked by whom? You buy what another liberal tells you and ignores the sites I referenced. Not one bit of data posted has been "debunked" and I even gave you the site location. Do you always rely on someone else to do your work for you and the count on their accuracy? That is going to create real problems for you as you grow up.

  10. #960
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Noticed that you only showed GDP growth through 4th qtr 2009, is there a reason for that? Could it be that the 2011 numbers are so bad as I pointed out and thus show that the economy isn't doing as well as you want to claim? I believe you will find that the stimulus spending helped into fiscal year 2010 but that throughout 2010 the GDP dropped each quarter and into 2011 it has become almost stagnant?
    Actually, they aren't that bad. As I have repeatedly said, if you take the mean of all of the numbers under Obama's tenure, they actually beat the mean under Bush's. I just figured it was enough, and since I had to copy and paste them in manually, I didn't think you'd mind if I stopped there. I'll add them, just for you buddy.

    U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
    GDP Growth By Quarter
    2007 Q3 - 3.0%
    2007 Q4 - 1.7%
    2008 Q1 - -1.8%
    2008 Q2 - 1.3%
    2008 Q3 - -3.7%
    2008 Q4 - -8.9%
    2009 Q1 - -6.7%
    Enter the stimulus package!
    2009 Q2 - -.7%
    2009 Q3 - 1.7%
    2009 Q4 - 3.8%
    2010 Q1 - 3.9%
    2010 Q2 - 3.8%
    2010 Q3 - 2.5%
    2010 Q4 - 2.3%
    2011 Q1 - 0.4%
    2011 Q2 - 1.3%



    Notice where the downward in GDP ended? Right after he took office and signed the stimulus package.


    -------------------------------------------------------


    Unemployment by Month - bls.gov
    Jun '08 - 5.6%
    Jul '08 - 5.8%
    Aug '08 - 6.1%
    Sep '08 - 6.2%
    Oct '08 - 6.6%
    Nov '08 - 6.8%
    Dec '08 - 7.3%
    Jan '09 - 7.8%
    By the time he took office, unemployment had already jumped over 2.5 percentage points and showed no sign of slowing
    Feb '09 - 8.2%
    Mar '09 - 8.6%
    Apr '09 - 8.9%
    May '09 - 9.4%
    Jun '09 - 9.5%
    Jul '09 - 9.5%
    Aug '09 - 9.7%
    Sep '09 - 9.8%
    Oct '09 - 10.1%
    Nov '09 - 9.9%
    Dec '09 - 9.9%
    Jan '10 - 9.7%
    Feb '10 - 9.7%
    Mar '10 - 9.7%
    Apr '10 - 9.8%
    May '10 - 9.6%
    Jun '10 - 9.5%
    Jul '10 - 9.5%
    Aug '10 - 9.6%
    Sep '10 - 9.6%
    Oct '10 - 9.7%
    Nov '10 - 9.8%
    Dec '10 - 9.4%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •