Page 82 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #811
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    This is where you are failing to see the big picture. If a state is demographically poor how can they go to them for more money? THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BEGIN WITH. Look at Cleveland/Detroit, do you expect them to have a functioning school system without federal assistance?
    Oh, good Lord,, where does personal responsibility rest in your world. If a state is demographically poor that is their problem, not the Federal Taxpayer

  2. #812
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, good Lord,, where does personal responsibility rest in your world. If a state is demographically poor that is their problem, not the Federal Taxpayer
    Right, people aren't born into poor societies. So you suggest that we take the poorest people in our country and give them no education? I think we should just take them and drop them into Uganda, they would have it just as good there.

  3. #813
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I love this line of thinking that being the US should never change and we should just hit the reset button. Unless, that is, it falls into the conservative line of thinking.
    Also consider the successfulness of policies enacted when one party controlled both the WH and Congress. The Democratic party passed ESEA. The Republican party reauthorized it as NCLB. And after TRILLIONS of dollars have been flushed through the FEDERAL system, instead of staying on the local level, test scores (of questionable value) have not improved vastly.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, people aren't born into poor societies. So you suggest that we take the poorest people in our country and give them no education? I think we should just take them and drop them into Uganda, they would have it just as good there.
    No, guess I should suggest that we have our entire paycheck sent to Washington so the bureaucrats there can decide how much I need to live on and then they can send that back to me

  5. #815
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    If you are resigning legislation into effect every year then you are not hitting the reset button. The reset button would take us back to the founding fathers laws.
    Back to the founding fathers laws??? You do realize the Constitution has been ammended since the founding fathers...right? Why be so melodramatic? Do you feel NCLB is working? How about ESEA? If so what is your logic?

  6. #816
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, guess I should suggest that we have our entire paycheck sent to Washington so the bureaucrats there can decide how much I need to live on and then they can send that back to me
    Strawman

    When you have a response that is enlightening, please feel free to try again.

  7. #817
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Also consider the successfulness of policies enacted when one party controlled both the WH and Congress. The Democratic party passed ESEA. The Republican party reauthorized it as NCLB. And after TRILLIONS of dollars have been flushed through the FEDERAL system, instead of staying on the local level, test scores (of questionable value) have not improved vastly.
    Yes, NCLB was a failed act. Who do we blame for NCLB, Bush... I think any legislation that is serving the sole purpose of preparing a student for a standardized test is bad legislation.

  8. #818
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, people aren't born into poor societies. So you suggest that we take the poorest people in our country and give them no education? I think we should just take them and drop them into Uganda, they would have it just as good there.
    There you go again...misdirection. No one is saying that the poorest people do not get educated. WE ARE SAYING that the funding for their education come from the local (city/county/state) level. How hard is that to understand?

  9. #819
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Strawman

    When you have a response that is enlightening, please feel free to try again.
    Since this thread is about the Jobs Bill, then isn't it time to understand the failures of "your" President?

    Why aren't issues like this bothering you? Then there is Solyndra

    From ABC News, today:
    With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.
    Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department's $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the job of assembling the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car has been outsourced to Finland.

  10. #820
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes, NCLB was a failed act. Who do we blame for NCLB, Bush... I think any legislation that is serving the sole purpose of preparing a student for a standardized test is bad legislation.
    Well then by extension ESEA is a failed act thus you have disproved YOUR OWN evidence. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •