Page 55 of 197 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #541
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Actually, 63% of folks do not support the absurd JOBS bill. That was from a BS poll. America is not behind Obama on anything right now, except his exit from the WH.
    And you base this opinion on what?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #542
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And you base this opinion on what?
    How are things over at the Daily Kos?

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And you base this opinion on what?
    I read the poll. Further, I saw no Democrat willing to co-sponser the bill. In fact, I saw no Democrat in Congress saying "pass this now". Only Obumbles.

    And I see Obumbles at 38% job approval with Gallup today. And going lower.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I read the poll. Further, I saw no Democrat willing to co-sponser the bill. In fact, I saw no Democrat in Congress saying "pass this now". Only Obumbles.

    And I see Obumbles at 38% job approval with Gallup today. And going lower.
    Wonder why the public would support a jobs bill by such high numbers yet have such a low approval rating for the guy that presented the bill? Hmmm

    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

  5. #545
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Please do, I don't know where you got your data but below was copy/pasted directly from BLS tables:

    Series Id: LNS12000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
    Labor force status: Employed
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over

    Year Dec Annual Change
    2001 136047
    2002 136426 379
    2003 138411 1985
    2004 140125 1714
    2005 142752 2627
    2006 145970 3218
    2007 146272 302
    2008 143324 -2948
    2009 137960 -5364
    You can take issue with the person who liked your post (Conservative). Those numbers are his and I continued to use his numbers.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...post1059882764 (See post #165)
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wonder why the public would support a jobs bill by such high numbers yet have such a low approval rating for the guy that presented the bill? Hmmm

    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
    LOL ... that, and I see a bunch of unwashed free-loaders crapping in parks proclaiming to be "Occupiers", and that they represent the "99%". They represent the 30% of America that always thinks they are owed. The other 70% is disgusted by them.

  7. #547
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The government is your friend because the officials are elected. IE, we get a say in what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is why you fail. Government must be the servant of the people. Not its master.
    That's weird, I didn't see him say the government should be the master of the people... He said it should be their friend. Friend doesn't equate to master.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  8. #548
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL ... that, and I see a bunch of unwashed free-loaders crapping in parks proclaiming to be "Occupiers", and that they represent the "99%". They represent the 30% of America that always thinks they are owed. The other 70% is disgusted by them.
    Haha - I like you brought up the "Occupy" feces situation as if it were a common occurance. However, I bet complain when liberals call the Tea Party racist. Hypocrisy at its finest.

    Also, Americans seem to like the "OWS" Poll: Most Americans Support Occupy Wall Street - Matthew Cooper - Politics - The Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #549
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Haha - I like you brought up the "Occupy" feces situation as if it were a common occurance. However, I bet complain when liberals call the Tea Party racist. Hypocrisy at its finest.

    Also, Americans seem to like the "OWS" Poll: Most Americans Support Occupy Wall Street - Matthew Cooper - Politics - The Atlantic
    Why don't you just send a check to my local community to pay for teachers, fire fighters, and police vs sending it to the govt. to syphon off Administrative costs and then send it wherever they want? Do you ever think? Do you really believe it is your responsibility to pay for some other communities police, fire fighters, and teachers? When does reliance on the Federal Govt. stop?

  10. #550
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And you base this opinion on what?
    Liberals all over the country are crying like little babies, cause their boy is a total ****up and they know it. He can't get **** passed, because everyone can smell his **** coming a mile away.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •