Page 50 of 197 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #491
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Liberalism has created the problems we have today and you want more of it? We have a 14.8 trillion dollar debt most of it due to social spending and yet that isn't enough? What ever led you to believe that liberal social engineering has ever led to solving any social problems yet the liberal answer is tax more thus we have more money to throw at the problem.
    Spoken as a true Bush apologist. Why is your answer always to try to same failed trickle down economics and expect different results every time?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #492
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Spoken as a true Bush apologist. Why is your answer always to try to same failed trickle down economics and expect different results every time?
    Why are you afraid to discuss the actual Obama results? Could it be that they are indefensible?

    Obama 1000 Day report card

    http://nation.foxnews.com/president-...irst-1000-days

  3. #493
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How many Republicans voted for it? Republicans from high-unemployment states. You know, those with constituents that need job, need the bill, need their Reps to do the right thing and stop trying to play partisan game to get the black man out of the White house.

    oops.... Nice fail, though.
    Being as though the senate is DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED, do you really think you are posing any kind of argument by simply focusing on the republicans that blocked the bill while ignoring that the democrats could have passed it without them? Who do you think you are fooling here?
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  4. #494
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Being as though the senate is DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED, do you really think you are posing any kind of argument by simply focusing on the republicans that blocked the bill while ignoring that the democrats could have passed it without them? Who do you think you are fooling here?
    McConnell offered a straight up or down vote and Reid declined.

  5. #495
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    In 2012 we are going to have a choice, Obama vs. the Republican Candidate. It will be the Obama record on the ballot and based upon that record there is no justification to vote for him. Aside from the fact that many bought the rhetoric in the first place, now we have actual results that show his resume to be accurate. No true leader divides the country and generates the following, 4.2 trillion added to the debt, 2.6 million net job losses, 25+ million unemployed and under employed Americans, rising misery index, meager economic growth, declining labor force, and promotion of class warfare/redistribution of wealth.

    Until you recognize that you are part of the problem there never will be a solution.
    What exactly was Bush running on?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #496
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    What exactly was Bush running on?
    Bush wasn't running in 2008, guess that news didn't make it to your classroom

  7. #497
    Student Smokified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-11 @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    166

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    You are talking about fact checking... Ironic.

    You still haven't apologized for the blatant lie I caught you in a few pages back.
    Him not apologizing for being wrong about something is not an exucse for you to ignore the real facts... There are other people here who can also see through your obvious attempts at dodging the truth... If you want things to be better for everyone, stop being such a closed minded partisan hack and start paying attention. You and your little liberal friends alwas resort to making the argument personal as soon as you are presented with facts that shoot down your argument. Whether you want to believe the facts or not, you are still the idiot for being wrong on purpose.
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it" - George W. Bush
    "The problem with political jokes is they get elected" - Henry Cate VII

  8. #498
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokified View Post
    Him not apologizing for being wrong about something is not an exucse for you to ignore the real facts... There are other people here who can also see through your obvious attempts at dodging the truth... If you want things to be better for everyone, stop being such a closed minded partisan hack and start paying attention. You and your little liberal friends alwas resort to making the argument personal as soon as you are presented with facts that shoot down your argument. Whether you want to believe the facts or not, you are still the idiot for being wrong on purpose.
    When did I ignore the facts? I didn't say Obama > Reagan. I didn't say Reagan didn't increase revenues with his tax cuts. I called him out on his blatant failure at basic math. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  9. #499
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush wasn't running in 2008, guess that news didn't make it to your classroom
    In 2004...
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  10. #500
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    In 2004...
    Bush ran on an improving economy, check. Improving employment picture, check. rising labor force, check. Running against John Kerry, check. But what relevance does that have today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •