Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1951
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,273

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I was reading back over this thread and noticed that Conservative has had a rather formiddable foe in whysoserious. Good job, you young know-it-all.

    While researching historical data on GDP figures, I came across this from About.com:

    Hmmmm...

    So, to summarize:

    - the Obama Stimulus bill did work!

    - The President and Super Debt Committee Democrat's are right to "GO BIG" in deficit reduction

    - Republicans should stop being obstructionist and pass the President's job's bill to spur job growth.
    Spoken like a true, blue European model socialist

    Let me know where the jobs are, you know that lagging indicator after the end of a recession that ended almost 2 1/2 years ago? Let me know where that deficit reduction is as 4.2 trillion in deficits have been added in less than 3 years? Current debt is 100% of our yearly GDP which I am sure makes liberals proud. I do find it interesting that in the face of facts, logic, and common sense liberals still stick together.

  2. #1952
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,870

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush vs Kerry? Who would a conservative vote for?
    Michael Badnarik. Libertarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #1953
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,870

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As do I so what is your point?
    His point was, you had no reason to worry about Texas' electoral votes going anywhere but Bush so you can vote however you actually want rather than for the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #1954
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,273

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Michael Badnarik. Libertarian.
    Don't see that choice in my statement of Bush vs. Kerry

  5. #1955
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,273

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    His point was, you had no reason to worry about Texas' electoral votes going anywhere but Bush so you can vote however you actually want rather than for the lesser of two evils.
    And my vote won't matter in 2012 either other than to give the alternative to Obama a higher vote count as Obama has no chance in TX where "most" people understand personal responsibility

  6. #1956
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,870

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Don't see that choice in my statement of Bush vs. Kerry
    You have choices. That you wear blinders so that you can only see two doesn't mean those choices aren't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #1957
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,870

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And my vote won't matter in 2012 either other than to give the alternative to Obama a higher vote count as Obama has no chance in TX
    So your vote will go towards getting your guy 0 extra electoral college votes. And the lesser of two evils theory have culled yet another member from the thinking class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    where "most" people understand personal responsibility
    blah blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #1958
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,273

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    - Republicans should stop being obstructionist and pass the President's job's bill to spur job growth.
    From the Obama Jobs Bill summary

    Preventing up to 280,000 teacher layoffs,while keeping cops and firefighters on the job.

    Looks like another union bailout bill to fill the union campaign coffers to me

  9. #1959
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Wow. Way to completely screw that up. You totally fail to recognize that the Shah's time was coming to a close. The only way we'd be able to keep the Shah in power would be to enact a secret police similar to the Gestapo. The rumblings of revolution were coming and coming hard. So unless you were for Carter making the Shah one of the worst dictators in world history, shut your trap.

    It's amazing people like you think you can talk about very complex subjects on the grounds on a singular event that ignores decades of history prior to the event.
    Is this your apology for the one term liberal president Carter? That is it? That is all you have? The Shah's time was almost up? Awesome. Stupid. But awesome nonetheless.

    Carter's willing failure led directly to today's Iranian crisis. You know it. I know it. That is the reason why you are such an obnoxious twit.

  10. #1960
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That was the primary reason, no doubt. But, Mossadegh was definitely installing himself as dictator. He had dissolved parliament and assume emergency power to pass laws as he saw fit. He was taking power away from the monarchy, to give it to himself.
    How exactly was he installing a dictator by taking powers away from the Monarchy and vesting them with the democratic institutions in Iran? How exactly was he installing himself as a dictator by taking away resources from the government that would be used to prop up such a dictatorship?

    Seriously, Mossadegh was doing things that actually reduces the power of any such dictatorship. He was removed simply because Iran was moving towards the Soviet Sphere. Not because he was trying to become a dictator which amusingly the Shah became. Notice we supported the Shah's brutal crackdowns.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •