Page 19 of 197 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #181
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Absolutely.........we saw a wonderful example of that last November.
    Yep, people bought into to the GOP promise that jobs would be their top priority, so they voted them in. Now, they've had a couple of years to see that jobs are the last thing the GOP cares about. They are only interested in cutting benefits to seniors so they can continue the tax cuts for the rich.

    Hell of platform plank to bring to the election this time around! Best of luck next November! LOL!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #182
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    03-20-18 @ 12:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,695

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yep, people bought into to the GOP promise that jobs would be their top priority, so they voted them in. Now, they've had a couple of years to see that jobs are the last thing the GOP cares about. They are only interested in cutting benefits to seniors so they can continue the tax cuts for the rich.

    Hell of platform plank to bring to the election this time around! Best of luck next November! LOL!
    We would have seen some progress in the jobs arena if Democrats in the Senate would stop stonewalling and vote on some of the House initiatives.

    But that issue will be resolved next November.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post

    But that issue will be resolved next November.
    Maybe yes, maybe no ... Looking at the poll numbers just before the 2010 election, Republicans were heavily favored in generic polls ...

    Election 2010

    Not so much now where most polls are mostly favored ...

    Congress 2012

    Not that that means much being this far out from the election, but it certainly does foretell that the Republicans have lost their edge and the last election is not an indication of the next one.

  4. #184
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    We would have seen some progress in the jobs arena if Democrats in the Senate would stop stonewalling and vote on some of the House initiatives.

    But that issue will be resolved next November.
    What initiatives? The ones getting government hands on a woman's uterus, or the the ones where they cut benefits to our seniors to continue the tax cuts for the rich?
    Last edited by Catawba; 10-13-11 at 02:48 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #185
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    03-20-18 @ 12:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,695

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Maybe yes, maybe no ... Looking at the poll numbers just before the 2010 election, Republicans were heavily favored in generic polls ...

    Election 2010

    Not so much now where most polls are mostly favored ...

    Congress 2012

    Not that that means much being this far out from the election, but it certainly does foretell that the Republicans have lost their edge and the last election is not an indication of the next one.
    National polls on Congress mean little. Polls of individual districts for the House and individual states for the Senate are what matters, and far more Dems are up for reelection than Republicans. Why do you think the five Dem Senators voted against Obama's jobs bill??? It's because they are in highly vulnerable states.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post

    National polls on Congress mean little. Polls of individual districts for the House and individual states for the Senate are what matters, and far more Dems are up for reelection than Republicans. Why do you think the five Dem Senators voted against Obama's jobs bill??? It's because they are in highly vulnerable states.
    Well they were certainly accurate in 2010 when the generic polls reflected apprx. mid-50's percent favored Republicans, which is how it roughly ended up. Why would they be any less accurate now?

    Btw, I'm talking about the House where every seat is up for grabs. Naturally, once you have to factor in only certain seats are up for election, the only measurable poll is by looking at each seat.

    And that's still up in the air, though leaning towards Republicans...

    RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate

  7. #187
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    03-20-18 @ 12:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,695

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well they were certainly accurate in 2010 when the generic polls reflected apprx. mid-50's percent favored Republicans, which is how it roughly ended up. Why would they be any less accurate now?

    Btw, I'm talking about the House where every seat is up for grabs. Naturally, once you have to factor in only certain seats are up for election, the only measurable poll is by looking at each seat.

    And that's still up in the air, though leaning towards Republicans...

    RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate
    One problem with your theory............ you are comparing a poll a week before the 2010 election to one a year before the 2012 election. I suggest you go back to the poll of the 2010 election and look at the results from 2009. I believe you will find they were similar to the ones today.

    Dems don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of regaining a majority in the House.
    Last edited by Gill; 10-13-11 at 03:14 PM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #188
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ATL
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    The dems are going to lose the senate next year.
    I love the smell of burning moonbat in the morning.

  9. #189
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Let me make sure I understand you correctly.........

    Are you claiming that our representatives should take a poll and vote accordingly on all issues ????
    did i post ANYTHING like that? you clearly don't comprehend english. representatives should REPRESENT us, they are not.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #190
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    05-30-18 @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,954

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy View Post
    The dems are going to lose the senate next year.
    And you have a crystal ball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •