Page 187 of 197 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1861
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Do you want to see what I am learning in school? Here you go:

    "On January 1, 2007, Abby sold a share of stock A short for a price of 80. On that same date, Ben sold a share of stock B short for a price of P. Both Abby and Ben bought back and returned, to the original owners, their respective shares of stock on December 31, 2007, when the per-share price of stock A was 70, and the per-share stock B was 120. At the end of 2007, just prior to the close of the short position, stock B paid a dividend of 2 per share, while stock A paid no dividend. Both Abby and Ben were subject to a margin requirement of 50%, and interest on the margin accounts was credit an an annual effective rate of 3%. During 2007, Abby's short sale transaction had an annual effect yield rate r(A), and Ben's transaction had an annual effective yield of r(B). The relationship between the two yields was r(B) = -2r(A). Calculate P."

    Are you sure you want to argue numbers with me?
    Those numbers have nothing to do with the Obama record which is the issue and part of this thread topic. Ask your professor to explain the Obama results to you if he/she has a clue

    Idiotic example when someone buys or sells a stock unless that is a new stock offering the revenue doesn't go back to the company
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-28-11 at 02:15 PM.

  2. #1862
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    " I am Conservative hear me roar"
    The Story of Winston

    Thanksgiving 2022

  3. #1863
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do the people living in the 80's pay the 2005 values for the things they purchase? Did the people of the 80's pay debt service in 2005 dollars? Did 2005 dollars generate 17 million jobs in the 80's. If your posts are an indication of what you are learning in college, no wonder this country is in a mess
    The fact that you get to vote is scary. If you have 5 dollars in 1985 and then you have 5 dollars in 2005, can you buy the same things? That's why you adjust for inflation. $5 in 1985 does not equal $5 in 2005.

  4. #1864
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The fact that you get to vote is scary. If you have 5 dollars in 1985 and then you have 5 dollars in 2005, can you buy the same things? That's why you adjust for inflation. $5 in 1985 does not equal $5 in 2005.
    If I have five dollars in 1985 I will be paying 1985 prices and not holding that dollar until 2005 to spend it. The fact that I am supplementing your education with my taxdollars is what it truly scary.

  5. #1865
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Those numbers to not appear to match any of the percent change numbers on bea.gov's website. Here is the link:

    bea.gov percent change in GDP by year. My numbers were from the right side: quarterly adjustments in 2005 dollars.
    Well see there's your problem. The data I posted was 'Real' GDP. Yours are based on:
    Quarterly estimates are expressed at seasonally adjusted annual rates, unless otherwise
    specified. Quarter-to-quarter dollar changes are differences between these published estimates. Percent
    changes are calculated from unrounded data and are annualized.

  6. #1866
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Those numbers have nothing to do with the Obama record which is the issue and part of this thread topic. Ask your professor to explain the Obama results to you if he/she has a clue

    Idiotic example when someone buys or sells a stock unless that is a new stock offering the revenue doesn't go back to the company
    My professor for interest theory/Actuary Math I & II is a genius, though I doubt she would spend as much time as I do explaining rudimentary mathematics and economics to you.

  7. #1867
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If I have five dollars in 1985 I will be paying 1985 prices and not holding that dollar until 2005 to spend it. The fact that I am supplementing your education with my taxdollars is what it truly scary.
    Yes, correct, if you have $5 in 1985 you will pay 1985 prices. But if you have $7 in 1990, you do not have more than you had in 1985 - though if you do not adjust for inflation it will look that way. Do you get that or is that over your head still?

    So if the GDP was 100 in 1985 and inflation was 5% and in 1986 GDP was 103, GDP actually went down because you should have 105 if it matched inflation. I don't know how I can explain this any better to you.

  8. #1868
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Well see there's your problem. The data I posted was 'Real' GDP. Yours are based on:
    Quarterly estimates are expressed at seasonally adjusted annual rates, unless otherwise
    specified. Quarter-to-quarter dollar changes are differences between these published estimates. Percent
    changes are calculated from unrounded data and are annualized.
    Where are your numbers? A link is usually the way people cite things.

  9. #1869
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    My professor for interest theory/Actuary Math I & II is a genius, though I doubt she would spend as much time as I do explaining rudimentary mathematics and economics to you.
    Wow, I am really impressed, wonder how many jobs he has created? Sounds to me like another book smart street stupid liberal genius

  10. #1870
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, I am really impressed, wonder how many jobs he has created? Sounds to me like another book smart street stupid liberal genius
    I have no idea whether she is liberal or not. What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •