Page 185 of 197 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1961

Thread: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

  1. #1841
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The dollar has lost value under Obama. Its gap against such as teh yen is at an all time high tight now. Gold has also demonstrated the weak dollar, ans has many other commodities and FOOD.

    QE2 was nothing but dollar pumping and devaluing of the dolla
    r. Do you not understand such ? Who do you think is buying most of our debt ? We are !!
    I actually look at data so I am not sure why you would look down your nose at me. Strength of the dollar:

    Vs. the Euro
    2008 - The dollar strengthened 22% as businesses hoarded dollars during the credit crisis. By year end, the euro was worth $1.39.
    2011 - The dollar's value against the euro fell 10%, then regained ground. As of October 7, 2011, the euro was worth $1.35.
    Notice that the dollar is stronger compared to the Euro today, even after a the phony bump it received in 2008 from dollar hoarding.

    By Treasury Notes
    2008 - The yield dropped from 3.57% to 2.93% (April 2008-March 2009), as the dollar rose.
    2011 - Here again, as the dollar weakened in April but rebounded by October. The 10-year Treasury note yield was 3.36% in January, rose to 3.75% in February, then fell to 2.24% in October. (Remember, high yields compensate for low dollar value.)
    "Strength" of the dollar can be somewhat subjective, as it there is no direct way to measure it. One aspect that has hurt the dollar is in foreign country reserves, but much of that is directly attributable to the 2008 crash itself and the low interest rates that followed it. That's another area where the US is in a bit of a Quagmire (giggity) since low interest rates are not attractive for investors, but high interest rates are not attractive for home buyers.

    If you look at the dollar index, then I think you'll find that blaming Obama is somewhat laughable:
    USM.jpg

    So you tell me, friend, what would you like to see Obama do to "fix" the dollar and how is its long decline his fault?
    Last edited by whysoserious; 10-28-11 at 01:36 PM.

  2. #1842
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I actually look at data so I am not sure why you would look down your nose at me. Strength of the dollar:

    Vs. the Euro



    By Treasury Notes



    "Strength" of the dollar can be somewhat subjective, as it there is no direct way to measure it. One aspect that has hurt the dollar is in foreign country reserves, but much of that is directly attributable to the 2008 crash itself and the low interest rates that followed it. That's another area where the US is in a bit of a Quagmire since low interest rates are not attractive for investors, but high interest rates are not attractive for home buyers.


    So you tell me, friend, what would you like to see Obama do to "fix" the dollar and how is its long decline his fault?
    Well, he probably solely blames Obama for the downgrade of the U.S. Credit Rating by S&P.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  3. #1843
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Don't you just love advice being given by people who have never made a payroll, never had to hire an employee, never had to compete in the private sector? General consensus said that stimulus one would cap unemployment at 8%, general consensus said that we would have 4% economic growth, general consensus said that Obama would unite and not divide the country.

    Wow, go to bed last night and get up to another 10 pages showing that many on this thread appear to be from the West Coast. No wonder the screwed up logic by those leftists here who believe bigger govt. is the answer. Congratulations on the 2.5% GDP growth over 2 1/4 years after the end of the recession and the 9.8% unemployment rate with 25 million unemployed/under employed Americans that only cost 4.2 trillion to create.

    You see, Why,, since you don't have any "skin in the game" it doesn't bother you that we have a 14.9 trillion dollar debt up 4.2 trillion dollars since Obama took office. You see, since apparently you don't have a job you don't understand that when you get a job you would be fired for those results.

    Come on people from the West Coast, haven't you learned anything from your own state's economic woes? why is it that debt doesn't matter to you?
    I don't even think this entire post has one useful piece of information in it. Other DP posters on this thread: is there anything in this post I need to refute, or is it as obvious as I think it is that there is no substance to anything said in it?

  4. #1844
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I don't even think this entire post has one useful piece of information in it. Other DP posters on this thread: is there anything in this post I need to refute, or is it as obvious as I think it is that there is no substance to anything said in it?
    What you think doesn't matter, the results matter and regardless of what you THINK the Obama results are a disaster

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)

  5. #1845
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you think doesn't matter, the results matter and regardless of what you THINK the Obama results are a disaster

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Hmm your not using the GDP growth rate anumore.

  6. #1846
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hmm your not using the GDP growth rate anumore.
    Why would I use GDP numbers when all you would do is tout them as a major success which they aren't.

    By the way, you do realize those GDP rates are during a quarter when the following results were generated?

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (http://www.miseryindex.us/customindexbymonth.asp)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-28-11 at 01:43 PM.

  7. #1847
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you think doesn't matter, the results matter and regardless of what you THINK the Obama results are a disaster

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    Not bad compared to this:


    Bush and Reagan were terrible presidents by the numbers
    Reagan GDP Changes of -3.2%, -4.9%, and -6.4%.
    Bush GDP Changes of 1.8%, 1.3%, -3.7% and -8.9%
    Misery Index Under Reagan in 1981: 19.33
    Misery Index Under Bush in August 2008: 11.47
    Unemployment under Reagan 1982: 9.7%
    Unemployment under Bush (beginning 2009): 9.3%
    Number of unemployed under Bush rose 22,000,000 from 2000-2008
    From 1981-1982, 1,126,000 jobs were lost by Reagan.
    In 1983, after losing over 1 million jobs, having over 9% unemployment, and posting losses in GDP, Reagan's approval rating was 40%.
    In 2008, after starting multiple wars, driving up the deficit, and seeing the recession begin to start, president George W. Bush's approval rating was under 30%.
    President Bush racked up 2.779 trillion in debt in 2 years as president.

  8. #1848
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,521

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Not bad compared to this:


    Bush and Reagan were terrible presidents by the numbers
    Reagan GDP Changes of -3.2%, -4.9%, and -6.4%.
    Bush GDP Changes of 1.8%, 1.3%, -3.7% and -8.9%
    Misery Index Under Reagan in 1981: 19.33
    Misery Index Under Bush in August 2008: 11.47
    Unemployment under Reagan 1982: 9.7%
    Unemployment under Bush (beginning 2009): 9.3%
    Number of unemployed under Bush rose 22,000,000 from 2000-2008
    From 1981-1982, 1,126,000 jobs were lost by Reagan.
    In 1983, after losing over 1 million jobs, having over 9% unemployment, and posting losses in GDP, Reagan's approval rating was 40%.
    In 2008, after starting multiple wars, driving up the deficit, and seeing the recession begin to start, president George W. Bush's approval rating was under 30%.
    President Bush racked up 2.779 trillion in debt in 2 years as president.
    As you continue to ignore when did the Reagan, Bush, and Obama economic plans go into effect? Those aren't the GDP changes those are the changes adjusted for inflation. Here is what the GDP numbers are

    1980 2,788.10
    1981 3,126.80
    1982 3253.20
    1983 3534.60
    1984 3930.90
    1985 4217.50
    1986 4460.10
    1987 4736.40
    1988 5100.40
    1989 5482.10
    1990 5800.50
    1991 5992.10
    1992 6342.30
    1993 6667.40
    1994 7085.20
    1995 7414.70
    1996 7838.50
    1997 8332.40
    1998 8793.50
    1999 9353.50
    2000 9951.50
    2001 10286.20
    2002 10642.30
    2003 11142.10
    2004 11867.80
    2005 12638.40
    2006 13398.90
    2007 14077.60
    2008 14441.40

  9. #1849
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,864

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Not bad compared to this:


    Bush and Reagan were terrible presidents by the numbers
    Reagan GDP Changes of -3.2%, -4.9%, and -6.4%.
    Bush GDP Changes of 1.8%, 1.3%, -3.7% and -8.9%
    Misery Index Under Reagan in 1981: 19.33
    Misery Index Under Bush in August 2008: 11.47
    Unemployment under Reagan 1982: 9.7%
    Unemployment under Bush (beginning 2009): 9.3%
    Number of unemployed under Bush rose 22,000,000 from 2000-2008
    From 1981-1982, 1,126,000 jobs were lost by Reagan.
    In 1983, after losing over 1 million jobs, having over 9% unemployment, and posting losses in GDP, Reagan's approval rating was 40%.
    In 2008, after starting multiple wars, driving up the deficit, and seeing the recession begin to start, president George W. Bush's approval rating was under 30%.
    President Bush racked up 2.779 trillion in debt in 2 years as president.
    Zing! Winning!!! LOL

  10. #1850
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans block Obama jobs bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would I use GDP numbers when all you would do is tout them as a major success which they aren't.

    By the way, you do realize those GDP rates are during a quarter when the following results were generated?

    Obama economic results in 2011,
    25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011(bls.gov)
    2.6 million fewer jobs(bls.gov)
    4.2 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years(U.S. Treasury Site)
    Downgrade of the U.S. credit rating(S&P)
    Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.97 (The United States Misery Index By Year)
    38-41% JAR and well over 50-55% disapproval ratings(Gallup)
    You use to post the quarterly in your little spam here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •